Best price on fake Ivory grips / 1858`s

Started by sundance44`s, May 28, 2008, 11:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundance44`s

I`m lookin for the best price on fake Ivory grips for my 58`s ....anyone have a web site ?
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Deadeye Don

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

sundance44`s

Thanks Don ...thought I`d try a pair on one of my 58`s ..never really liked the look ..but sometimes ones taste changes  :-\

Deadeye Don

Larry the gripmaker makes a good product.  You will likely have to do some fitting, but then thats part of the fun.   I have been told that he actually puts ivory powder in his mix when making the grips.  I am not sure if this is factual, but is sounds good.  ;D

sundance44`s

I think I`m just tired of wood ..hope they don`t call me Pimp Pistols when I sport those fake Ivory grips .. 8)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D I'll have your back Sundance, I have fake ivory's too , we can walk the street together Pard, :o ??? ;D

:D tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

I have Gripmaker grips on mine, too. We'll all walk the same street. 8)

DD is right about the quality of Gripmakers grips. They're just about indestructible.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

River City John

Gripmaker panels on my '63 Navy.

Like 'em, but I make sure not to sashay while wearin' 'em lest I give the wrong impression I'm puttin' on airs.

I think you'll be okay with faux Ivories as long as ya don't sashay while wearin' 'em, Sundance 44.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Marshal Will Wingam

I opted for the stag so I'd have a little more of a textured grip to grab onto.

Black Powder

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on May 28, 2008, 09:17:26 PM
I opted for the stag so I'd have a little more of a textured grip to grab onto.

Me suspects Marshall Will chose this to keep from sashayin'.   ;D

Really, thanks for the link.  Another for the wish list file.  I kinda fancy ivory peakin' out from under the coat in a shoulder holster sportin' a GWII 4.75" or a USFA Sheriff...

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Black Powder on May 28, 2008, 11:11:15 PM
Me suspects Marshall Will chose this to keep from sashayin'.   ;D

Really, thanks for the link.  Another for the wish list file.  I kinda fancy ivory peakin' out from under the coat in a shoulder holster sportin' a GWII 4.75" or a USFA Sheriff...

BP

Like this?
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/Psychman/SAASheriffs.jpg

Tru Ivory.

sundance44`s

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look good. Congrats. You know we're going to need pictures of those on your guns, don't you? ;D

sundance44`s

I`ll do that ..Just as soon as I fit them to my pistols , I`m hopeing they look as good as the picture does ....I thought I`d have to get a white set and soak them in coffee or something to get that color ...maybe not.

Black Powder

I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Tubac

Gents,

here's a photo of my R&S conversion with Tombstone grips.
Tubac
from the Confederate Territory of Arizona

Wolfgang

Tubac, . . . that's a nice pistol.  One that I'm not familiar with . . . " R & S" . . ? . . What's the  "R&S" stand for ? . . . NICE !  I Like it a lot  :)   Want to hear about it.   Good shootin', . . .  :)

I got a couple of aged ivory grips from "Tombstone". . . are Ok for the price.   I also have a '58 that I bought with "Ajax"  "Ivory" ( sic ) grips on it.  It is nice with "eyeball" . . . I got a black rig for it to wear crossdraw when I'm "dressed for town" in wing collar shirt, cuff links, etc. . .
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Tubac

Wolfgang,
It's a Rogers & Spencer that was converted to .44 Colt.
The Tombstone grips were easy to fit. It was hard to find grips for
a Rogers & Spencer and the Tombstone's fit the bill, and they were
just down the road a piece.
However it seems that they've now moved to Oregon.

Tubac

Wolfgang

Tubac, . . . . NICE   :D . . . Have ya ever fired it ? . . .
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Tubac

Wolfgang,
Yeah, I fire it every once in a while. I use outside lubed .44 colt bullets from the fella in Fruta Colorado.
I'm not the best of shots but it's effective at 25 yards.

Tubac

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com