Rossi 92 sticking problem

Started by Canyon, May 25, 2008, 09:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canyon

:-[Hi Y'all,I'm just wondering if anyone can help me at all.I have just bought a brand new 20" barrel Rossi 92 in 45LC.It was a little stiff to operate at first but I just put that down to newness.It has loosened up a little so far with about 1000 cycles and 200rds But!there is a catch in the lever throw that happens about 1/8th inch before it rides over the hammer.The hammer is not bottoming out and as far as I can see all pins and screws are not intruding past their holes.Without taking the rifle to bits,has anyone any idea what might be causing this catch in the smooth cycle.It happens just before the bolt rides over the hammer or about when the firing pin retaining pin is entering the rear motice.And no,the pin is not sticking out and binding at all.Any suggestions please before I have to tear down the complicated beast.

jimmyb.1

Hold the hammer down below the bolt and see if the catch is still happening at that particular spot.  My bet is that it is and the resistance your talking about is the plunger on the elevator is really holding into the indention.  That plunger spring needs to be cut.  It's only 4 3/4 coils to start w/.  Cut 3/4 coil off and then make the OAL not less than 4/16" and I mean 3/16" is too short.  Test the elevator - if you think it's too weak then it is.  Just stretch the spring out to get it longer if you cut off too much or have compressed it too much.  Parts on the Rossi 92 are metric while the win. are "normal".  Go to marauder's site for other slicking up instructions.
jb

Unless you have to leave the shell guides alone if they work now.  This is a very picky rifle.

Paladin UK

Ho pard.
Try here.............

http://marauder.homestead.com/Rifles.html

Paladin (What hopes ya get sorted  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Canyon

Thanks for the replies guys.Marauders site is a big help.The elevater rises and falls quite easily with not much pressure so I don;t think that is the problem.Looks like I'll have to pull the rifle down and see where the trouble is after all.

Canyon

:DWell!that was easy to fix.I started to take the rifle down and got to the lever retaining pin and it was quite hard to budge.So I tapped it a bit and then turned it over to tap back a little to loosen a bit then accidently pulled the lever as I was turning it back when I noticed it cycled smoothly.Well I;ll be damned the pin was not put in far enough to begin with. :PHappy,happy joy,joy ;D

Paladin UK

:o Looks like we got a budding gunsmith here pards!! :o

well done!!  ;D Its a great feelin when ya fix a shootin iron!!

Paladin (What likes ta tinka  ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Steel Horse Bailey

I LOVE it when a plan comes together!

Congratulations on fixing your problem.  Fun wasn't it?  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com