Made a Walker today...

Started by Deadguy, May 23, 2008, 05:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadguy

I finished up a Walker kit today... how do you guys think it turned out?

Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

Ransom Gaer

Looks good.  You did a nice job.  Now you need to go out and shoot it.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Steel Horse Bailey

Very nice!  And I like the way you have that "attack mosquito" posted near it in case anyone decides to steal it!  ::)  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on May 23, 2008, 10:52:20 PM
Very nice!  And I like the way you have that "attack mosquito" posted near it in case anyone decides to steal it!  ::)  ;D
[/quot

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deadguy , looks good pard, but that MOSQUITO,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-\
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Black Powder

Final act of defiance. I salute him...
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Paladin UK

Upon looking closer....... 8)

I can see that the poor little ol Mozzie got his iddy biddy toe caught unner that Big Ol Shootin iron!!
:o

Paladin (what thinks DGs Walker looks Gooooood!! ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Deadguy

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  Anyways, I sort of got to the range to shoot it this morning.  After I got there, and got it loaded, one of the gun club officers came out to tell me that he was about to shut down the shooting range for the long-range rifle shoot that was starting in an hour.  So, I got to shoot off my six shots.  I managed a 3-shot one inch group at 25 yards.  It actually shot to point of aim at 25 yards with a load of a .44 magnum case filled with Goex FFF pushing a homemade wad and a .457" RB.  And, the loading lever did not drop even once.  So, with some load development, this could be a real good shooter!
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

Dr. Bob

Sounds great.  Too bad that you only got to unload one cylinder full.  Looks like you'll be having lots of fun with your Walker!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Paladin UK

I would have liked ta see the look on yer face after ya unloaded the 6!!
Ya musta been grinnin from...

;D Ta................................................................................   ;D

Paladin (What lurvs the Holy Black  :D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

boot strap jack

you need to send me that, I will keep it clean and and have it keep company with mine.
BSJ

Deadguy

The sound of a Walker is definitely distinctive!

hellgate

Resist the temptation to heavily load the gun. The easiest way to avoid overloading is to use FFg. I managed to shoot both my Walkers loose during a single match using 50 grs FFFg and a .454 ball. Fortunately the only damage done was to the wedges which got crushed. Two new wedges later and one lesson learned and I was back to square A. My current load is : 44grs FFg+lube wad+.454 ball+ grease+#10 Remington cap. It's a 44-44. It gives a nice soft BOOM!.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Deadguy on May 23, 2008, 05:45:44 PM
I finished up a Walker kit today... how do you guys think it turned out?

;) :D  Nice job pard, and looks like it's going to be a shooter ta boot, well done  ::) 8) ;D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com