Help wanted..!

Started by UncleRed, January 05, 2005, 06:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRed

Greetings from England.  I wonder if any of you chaps can help me. I have just purchashed a neckercheif, I believe you refer to them as 'Wild Rags' there in the colonies...whatever..!
I would like to get mine looking faded, as we don't get that much sunshine, is there any way of speeding the process....? 

Good show...!

Red.
"There's things gnaw at a man, worse than dying"

Charley Waite...Open Range

Micheal Fortune

My best guess would be to wash it a lot. Or maybe tie it around the dogs neck for a month or so..... ;) :)
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

The Arapaho Kid

Uncle Red:  You didn't mention they type of material it was made from; silk, cotton etc.  You might try tiny amounts of bleach.  Get a bucket, fill it with hot water and a small amount of bleach...an ounce, or so.  Stir it in the bucket, then wring and dry it.  Don't go overboard with the bleach!  Use tiny amounts.

UncleRed

Its Cotton, and quite a dark pattern...thanks for the tips...

Red
"There's things gnaw at a man, worse than dying"

Charley Waite...Open Range

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Will Ketchum

I would think you might want to fade it like you had worn it.  I might fold it and roll like it is worn and then perhaps brush a weak  bleach solution on it. then rinse it.  Do this  a couple of times.  you might want to experiment on something else until you get the process down.

let us know how it works out.

You could send it here and we could take turns wearing it until it got the proper wear on it. ;)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Delmonico

Take it with you in the car, when you get out throw it on the dashboard. (Do they call them dashboards over there?)  The sunlight you do get comin' through the windscreeen (got that one right) will fade it more natural than a chemical mixture.  Also by foldin' it around different ways it will fade more uneven than a chemical process.  Any I've ever seen faded by bleach look wrong, they look like they were faded that way. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: Delmonico on January 05, 2005, 04:28:49 PM
Take it with you in the car, when you get out throw it on the dashboard. (Do they call them dashboards over there?)  The sunlight you do get comin' through the windscreeen (got that one right) will fade it more natural than a chemical mixture.  Also by foldin' it around different ways it will fade more uneven than a chemical process.  Any I've ever seen faded by bleach look wrong, they look like they were faded that way. 

Hey Delmonico...He's from the UK.  Like those of us here in the Pacific Northwest....we don't know what the sun is and neither does he!  We figger it's an evil omen from the Gods!  Somebody done some sinnin' and they're a-fixin' ta burn us up!  Here...we often ask:  "What is that big orange thing in the sky!"

SUN?  WHAT IN TARNATION IS THE SUN?[/size][/b][/color]

Delmonico

Well it comes out once in a while, by havin' it on yer dashboard ya got a fair chance.  ;D ;D  My cookin' pard has got the coolest shirt, one of the old Navy Blue COWS ones with the little flowers printed on it.  It has faded to a light blue grey and youe can hardly see the flowers on it in most places.  When he takes it off the tails and where his suspenders hit are hardly faded at all. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com