Shootist ?

Started by Major 2, May 15, 2008, 04:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

I received the Jan- Feb issue but nothing since then  ???

is there Mar-Arpril issue or May -June ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Steel Horse Bailey

I think it's safe to say that it WILL get here.  Soon.  I hope.  Don't forget: due to the cost of postage, these are sent by the lowest priority, so ...
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Major 2

;D   Pony Express ?

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Old Top

Major 2,

Yak Cart?

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

French Jack

The Postal Service usually sends out Steel Horse Bailey and Ottawa Creek Bill on a couple of broken down donkeys to deliver the Shootists.  ( You'd be broken down if you had to tote them!)

Or, did they forget that SHB and OCB are now ree-tired?
French Jack

Deadeye Don

Quote from: French Jack on May 16, 2008, 05:14:14 AM
The Postal Service usually sends out Steel Horse Bailey and Ottawa Creek Bill on a couple of broken down donkeys to deliver the Shootists.  ( You'd be broken down if you had to tote them!)

Or, did they forget that SHB and OCB are now ree-tired?
:o :o :o
What I find interesting is that we in Indiana seem to get ours after others further away get theirs.   Those donkeys must take a round about path since the printer is here in Indiana.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Major 2

You think Indiana is bad ?...
here in the sand in your shorts region , you'd think they are a Shoe Shop what with all the LOAFERS they have.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Major 2 on May 16, 2008, 07:11:20 AM
You think Indiana is bad ?...
here in the sand in your shorts region , you'd think they are a Shoe Shop what with all the LOAFERS they have.

;D

Jed Cooper

"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

Tjackstephens

I still think it's all those rivers that pony has to swim. They just won't let them use the bridges. If they start in Indiana and go south, there's the Ohio. If they go west then there's the Wabash. The reason they put SHB and OCB magazine on those broken down donkeys, just so they won't get their's so much earlier than the rest of us. Sure will be glad when it gets here. TJ  ;D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Major 2

SO then, is it the Mar-Arpril issue or May -June we are waiting for   :-\ or maybe Apr-May   ???
The last I saw was Jan-Feb

Deadeye Don

Since the Shootist has been redone, I think it is clearly on par with Shoot Magazines recent issues.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Tjackstephens

I think it's March and April. It seem that we got Nov. and Dec. and then real soon got Jan. and Feb.  May be it will be the same with March and April then May and June. At any rate I'll enjoy them when they do arrive. I agree with Deadeye Don it's on par or better than other western magazines. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Bonanza, AND a bonus!

I just got an envelope with THREE issues of The Shootist,  Nov/Dec, Jan/Feb, and Mar/Apr.  The bonus was a second copy of Mar/Apr. in a separate envelope.  Thanks George.

I feel bad now.  I'll have to send in my renewal and my change of address!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Lone Gunman

At the time I mailed those replacements I wasn't aware that the problem with the international mail had been fixed. If I could have left the Mar/Apl issue out of the package it would have been under a pound and I wouldn't have had to mess with all those customs forms.   :P
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

RattlesnakeJack

Yes, my missing issues arrived together, at the same time as the Mar/April came in a clear plastic mailer, presumably from the printer.

Thanks George!!!    ;D
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com