?? About Nationals 45 Side Match

Started by J.R. Logan, May 13, 2008, 07:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.R. Logan

I have seen some info on this talking about 3 Stages, are these full stages with rifle and shotgun as well as pistol?  I need to know what guns to bring.  I normally shoot .38 but I have a set of .45 that I can borrow from someone else for this shoot.  So I need to know if I need the rifle as well.

Thanks for any info on this.

J. R. Logan

French Jack

As I understand it, there are 3 mini stages that will require only 2 pistols, 45 cal., ammo is to be furnished both in smokeless and BP.
French Jack

Tjackstephens

Yes French Jack is correct. Three mini stages for each match. Friday after the main match will be the 45 colt smokeless championship. The ammo is furnished by Black Hills 250 grain full loads. Saturday after the main match will be the 45 colt championship black powder. Ammo will be furnished by Black Dawge 235 grain full loads. Think the fee is $5 for each match. You must shoot the main match to be part of either of the championships. There will be two classes Shootist and Dualist There will be three different mini stages for each championship. It will be FUN!!! See you in Evansville, IN   TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Will Ketchum

Quote from: Tjackstephens on May 13, 2008, 10:07:28 PM
Yes French Jack is correct. Three mini stages for each match. Friday after the main match will be the 45 colt smokeless championship. The ammo is furnished by Black Hills 250 grain full loads. Saturday after the main match will be the 45 colt championship black powder. Ammo will be furnished by Black Dawge 235 grain full loads. Think the fee is $5 for each match. You must shoot the main match to be part of either of the championships. There will be two classes Shootist and Dualist There will be three different mini stages for each championship. It will be FUN!!! See you in Evansville, IN   TJ

If I came I didn't think I would shoot the mains since my Achilles is still bothering me some. :-\  I guess if I come I wouldn't participate in the 45 championship match. :(  Oh well that wouldn't be a deciding factor but it looks more and more like we won't be coming :'(.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Trap

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Deadeye Don

I dont want to start any trouble here,  but I was wondering what the reasoning is with the rule that you have to shoot the main matches to shoot the 45 colt match.  Seems there may be others that are unable to shoot the main matches due to physical limitations, but would still like to participate as much as they can.  Personally, I would not care if someone just wanted to shoot the 45 colt match.   Just a thought.  Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

River City John

Quote from: Deadeye Don on May 14, 2008, 06:45:36 PM
I dont want to start any trouble here,  but I was wondering what the reasoning is with the rule that you have to shoot the main matches to shoot the 45 colt match.  Seems there may be others that are unable to shoot the main matches due to physical limitations, but would still like to participate as much as they can.  Personally, I would not care if someone just wanted to shoot the 45 colt match.   Just a thought.  Regards.  Deadeye.

If you're thinking about Ketchum, since I AM shooting the Main Match but NOT the .45 Championship, I would gladly donate my slot reserved for the .45 Match to Mr. Ketchum as my stand-in.
Last time I saw him out standing it was in his nightshirt and he was strutting.
I would pay as much as- $7.50 cents,- $6.17cents,- $3.84cents to see him strut in his nightshirt with a bum Achilles tendon while shooting the .45 Championship Match in my place. . . .

It would surely take their minds off yodeling for the following year. ::)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Tjackstephens

I was told that the 45 colt championship would be a bonus for those that shot the main match. At $5 for  each of the events and the ammo furnished it is a bonus. The $5 goes for the trophies, two per event. I really don't know how much ammo Black Hills or Black Dawge have furnished. I AM NOT THE MATCH DIRECTOR. That director may say it is ok to give your spot to some one that does not shoot the main match. However as of now that is the rule we are going by. I am sorry if this is a problem. There seem to be more and more all the time and tring to get everything ready for this event is difficult. We are working hard to put on a National Shoot that all will be proud of.
I suggest you direct this issue to the Match Director. You can call Rowdy at 270-389-9402 or you may e-mail him rowdyfulcher@gmail.com  or just post something here. He checks this web site often. But to contact him direct would be faster.TJ 
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Will Ketchum

Jack, I hope you realize that I wasn't complaining about the requirement to shoot the mains to qualify for the 45 Championship. :-[

If that's the rule that's fine.  Heck I know how much work goes into putting one a large match and you can't hope to satisfy everyone.

I was just commenting on the fact that if I did show up it would probably be to only shoot the sides and therefor miss out on the 45 shoot. :(  If I did shoot it I would proudly do so in my nightshirt ;) )

Since it looks as if we won't be going it's moot anyway.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Dr. Bob

I Will,

We would love to see you even if you didn't shoot!! And in yer night shirt would be even better!!

River City John,

Even Will in his night shirt won't eliminate the onus of the yodeling!  "No! Not NOW! Not EVER!  NEVER!" [Andy Williams show to the BEAR!]  Or at least for a long, long time! ;D ;) ;D  But as my EX - wife used to tell me, "Your entitled to your fantasy!" ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Deadeye Don

TJ,   I know it is a huge undertaking to put on a National Match and we are likely to have our turn here in Mid-state Indiana in the future.  We all appreciate the fine plans you have all developed.  Will Ketchums comments caught my eye though.   As an individual who works with patients with disabilities of all types, I  just want to see the sport open to all people as long as they can shoot safely.  I am not even sure how many people would need some sort of special consideration.   Rules may in fact be rules in this case.  I was just wondering what the reasoning was and if some folks with a legitimate condiition  could be accomodated so they could at least shoot a bit.  I am starting to think I would pitch in a couple of bucks to see Will ( who I have never met by the way) in a nightshirt too.   ;D   Regards,  Deadeye.

Dr. Bob

D. Don,

It's quite a sight!!  I have seen it before.  Well worth more than a couple of bucks!! ;) ;D :o ;D ::) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Dr. Bob on May 15, 2008, 11:39:19 PM
D. Don,

It's quite a sight!!  I have seen it before.  Well worth more than a couple of bucks!! ;) ;D :o ;D ::) ;D

I've seen it, too - and rather than paying to see that frightful event, I'm inclined to pay so that I do NOT to see it again!

Uh - note that I said "inclined," not that I AM going to pay.  Someone.  So don't bug me about the money.  I don't have any!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And yes I CAN cast a stone - ya don't wanna see ME in a nightshirt, either!  :o  ::)  :D

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Tjackstephens

Talked with Rowdy on the 45 colt championship. Notice I said 45 colt championship not 45 colt side match. As far as we know this is a first. There may be some entered in the 08 National Shoot that desire to be the 45 COLT CHAMPION. If this event was open to every one then the playing field would not be equal. We have done our upmost to be sure that this is the fact. Three different mini stages for each shoot(blackpowder or smokeless). It would not be fair to those that shot the main match or worked to shoot against those that had visited all day or sat in the shade or air conditioner.

Remember a while back I said come on down to Evansville, IN and shoot with us. I said at that time, we will treat you so many ways your are bound to like some of them. This may be one that you just don't like, but it will be the way we do it. I do hope that most understand.

I respect and understand your comments and know where you are coming from. Please bear with us and give us your support. TJ

Steel Horse Bailey

I can't really speak for D. Don, but I'm pretty sure it's NOT a problem and that you DO have his (or anyone else's) support!

It's a good thing you all have done and ALL of us appreciate it.  An explanation regarding intent is all that is/was needed.  Using your logic, ie: keeping everything as equal as possible - including weariness - is admirable.

Kudos to y'all!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Deadeye Don

I sent my application in well over a month ago so ABSOLUTELY.   Issues regarding physical limitations and participation in NCOWS  will eventually need to be addressed as we all get older, but the Nationals is probably not the place to start the process.  I am looking forward to the main match and the 45 colt championship.  I already have my babies ready to go.

Tjackstephens

GREAT!!!! See you there. TJ  :)  :D  ;D  ;D

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
Well the Nationals is just days away . We have planned Tons of Fun for everyone . We hope that we can keep our National Shoot participation growing  . We hope everyone who comes will shoot the 45 Colt Championship , we are charging $5 for each division that is 30 rounds for $5 That is a bargain . We are using the money to purchase the plaques for the 1st place winners .

Tjackstephens

Rowdy, my hand and wrist are doing a lot better. Will the trophies have our name on them? If you have forgotten, you spell my name TEXAS JACK STEPHENS. Not Peevine, or French Jack, or Deadeye Don or Steel Horse Bailey. TJ  ;) 

Steel Horse Bailey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com