I gotta simplify this Sooooo I`ve got me Poll!!!

Started by Paladin UK, May 07, 2008, 02:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iffn ya could only have ONE flavour fer All yer smokpoles What would go with??

All   FFG
35 (66%)
All   FFFG
18 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Arcey

Quote from: Paladin UK on May 11, 2008, 01:05:09 PM
You worry me pard :o

Don't werry, be happy. Either way or what ya settle on yer gonna win.

Roosters one them folks up near DC. There's sumthin' up there in the air 'n water that makes 'em kindah strange..........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

springfield

So all you guys who said only fffg, what are you going to use in your shotguns? He said ONLY ONE powder. fffg is  little stout in a shotgun.

Arcey

Quote from: springfield on May 11, 2008, 03:35:11 PM
So all you guys who said only fffg, what are you going to use in your shotguns? He said ONLY ONE powder. fffg is  little stout in a shotgun.

Less powder, more grits. No problem.....
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Doctor Bill

45 colt, 45-120, 12-gauge.  Shoot ffg in all of them so I don't get confused.  Not too sure what I'm gonna do if I decide to go black on the 0.44 Russian though.   ;D

Dr. Bill
Remington Revolver Shooter
Warthog
League of the South
Alchemist and brewmeister extraordinaire

springfield

I use ffg in my Schofield's using a 160 grain Big Lube(tm) bullet. Works fine in my '72 Opentops.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: springfield on May 11, 2008, 03:35:11 PM

"A little stout?"  Yer worried about 'stout" ... in a SHOTGUN ?!!?

Shotguns are SUPPOSED to be stout!!!  ;D

They aren't known as "street howitzers" fer nuttin'!!!

Seriously - I'm not trying to sound all macho here, but recoil doesn't bother me very much.  My physical build may have something to do with it, but I actually feel it's because I simply PRACTICE with full loads in nearly everything I shoot.  TO ME - every time   I pull a trigger is a serious "rehearsal" and it goes toward the possibility (God forbid) that it might be real the next time.

Call it paranoia if you like.  Too many years as a soldier perhaps - and getting shot "on the job" (NOT in the Military or Police) has ingrained a certain attitude in my (admittedly feeble  ::) ) mind, I guess.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Pony Racer

DB - I use either 1.3 cc of 3f or 2f in my 44 russian OT's.

I do think it is funny that I use same exact powder load for my 38 special loads - yet due to shorter case the 44's roar, while the 38's gave a respectful push they do not roar!!:) ;D
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com