I gotta simplify this Sooooo I`ve got me Poll!!!

Started by Paladin UK, May 07, 2008, 02:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iffn ya could only have ONE flavour fer All yer smokpoles What would go with??

All   FFG
35 (66%)
All   FFFG
18 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Paladin UK

I gotta simplify this Sooooo I`ve got me Poll!!!

Thanks ta all you pards ...... ;D

Had a lot of interestin replies .it seems to be really such a personal choice, So, I feel the Only way forward is a consensus of opinion from your side of the pond!!, this I feel is my only hope of finding the most popular answer!!!

Paladin (Whats gotta know ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Adirondack Jack

I used FF in everything from .32 to 12 GA now.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Appalachian Ed

I shoot 3f with match winning results in .44 mag, 45LC, 43 Spanish, 45-70, 50-70, 56-50, 36 Maynard, 50 Maynard, 54 Burnside, 44 C&B, 54 Keene, 54 Mississippi.

I shoot 2F in 69 smoothbore.

3F Goex, the king of powder.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eddie Bruner
2nd Kentucky Cav. CSA/NSSA
"We believed then that we were right and we believe now that we were right then."
- John H. Lewis, 9th Va. Infantry

Steel Horse Bailey

Well, since ya insist on narrowin' it down - FFFg for me.

And your Poll is gonna find 2F the most popular.  Somewhat.  Like I said, pick one or t'other.  Or switch from time to time.

Annealing cases ... case-neck reaming ... you're settin' yourself up for too much work, pard.  Sure, it works.  But so does NOT going "the extra mile."  As you get more and more hooked on BP, you'll want to simplify.  BUT ... iffn yer havin' fun - then DO IT!!  ;D ;D ;D

So use 3F in all!
;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Pony Racer

I only use 2f in shotgun and 43 spanish

I have used 3f for those and really prefer it in my 38 spl and 44 russian laods

So if'n I had to choose one I would go with 3f straight up.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Cyrille

2F--- Ah don't shoot anything that doesn't have a 4 as the first number of the calibre
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Silver Creek Slim

I use FFFg in pistol caliber, and FFg in rifle and shotgun. But, if I only had one I'd go with FFg.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy

I simplified a few years ago. FFg for everything. 12 Gauge, 45-70, 45 Colt, 45 Schofield, & 44-40. If I wuz loading 38 Special with BP I would probably use FFg in it too.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Pitspitr

I mostly use CTG but if I were choosing between 2F and 3F I go 3 because you can use a little less in the big cases still get the same spped and use fewer $. (around here 2F and 3F are the same money)
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Deadeye Dick

I, like many use 2F for the smoke pole and 3F in the revolvers, but if I had to go with one I'd choose 3F.
Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Sgt. Jake

Ive got me a can of Swiss fff somewhere,all the rest is ff.        Adios  Sgt. Jake

Paladin UK

I thank ya pards...... :D
These replies are reeel innerstin ;D

I`m gonna keep the pol goin `till Monday ;) `n then I`ll publish the results n tell ya`ll what I`m gonna choose
:D

Paladin (Whats goin shootin Sunday....YEHAWWWWWWWW  ;D ) UK

I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Griff

Mostly I use "Cartridge" in my cartridge guns (Sharps, revolvers, leverguns & shotgun), 3F in the C&B pistols and 2F in the Hawken.  But, if I could only get ONE, I'd have to go with 2F.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Paladin UK

Its reeel interestin.... 8)

In the last 24hrs the pol has changed quite  :o dramactiaclly!! :o

Paladin (What will pubish the results n tell ya`ll what flavour he`s gonna choose on Monday :DUK

Paladins Web Site

slap happy

Hi pards! i've shot muzzleloading rifles, shotguns, and c&b pistols for over 20 yrs, used mostly 2ff, except for my 32 cal hawken pistol i use 3ff in it. thanks mb

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Paladin UK

Fer  litl rooster.... ::)

Quotecain I vote twize?

You worry me pard :o

Paladin (What thinks litl roosters meds need uppin!! :D ) UK

Paladins Web Site

Marshal harpoluke

;D

Goex Coboy, otherwise 3FFF. ;D   For the Big '15' aka 357.

10ga 2ff.  45/703fff. ;D

8)
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Lucky Irish Tom

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com