Strange Economics for buying caps

Started by Dalton Masterson, May 04, 2008, 11:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Went to Cabelas the other day, and needed to buy #11 caps. Didnt realize they had gone up so much. WOW.
Anyway, they werent marked for price, so asked the guy how much they were for 1000. He stated they were 49.99. Asked how much per 100, and he said 4.39 or so. So we bought 10 tins minus the box. The little gal at the front counter thought that was strange, but gave us a nice little blue box to take them home in. ;D   
You would think they would be cheaper in bulk.

So, you folks buyin caps, be sure to check your prices for case and individual.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Adirondack Jack

LOL.  Somebody raised the price on the 1000, forgot to raise it on the 100.  I've done that :)
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

sundance44`s

BassPro is the only place local I can find Remington caps ...5.99 a tin ...ouch .. :'(
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

springfield

That happens sometimes. I buy quite a few vacuum seal bags to ship my BP bullets. The single roll box is 9.49, and the double roll box is 19.99. Same exact size roll. Actually the same goes for Fig Newtons, buying 2 one pound boxes is cheaper than buying the 2 pound package. Been that way for years.

Cuts Crooked

Yup! Seen it many times, two smaller sized products will sale for a better price than one larger size. Donno wat the retailors is thinkin, but they do it a lot! ???
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Noz

Walked into an old gunshop yesterday that had a few reloading supplies. Asked if he had any large pistol primers. He dug around for a moment and came up with a partial box(800)of WLP primers. "
How many do you want?" he asked.
"I'll take them all." I replied, "How Much?"
"$1.58 per 100"
I paid the man. $12.64
He also told me he had recently sold an original 1873 in 38-40 with a pristine bore and chamber for $1200. I'm going to be going by there a lot more often.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com