The Gene Autry Museum

Started by Curley Cole, May 04, 2008, 09:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curley Cole

Made a trip the the Autry Museum today, took Old Top and my dad, and was a ball.
First off they were celebrating Cinco De Mayo and had dancers and music,
but what a lot of stuff to see:

Great art work by the western masters...WOW
Cowboy clothes and rigs from our favorite shows and movies, Mister Dillon, Lone Ranger, even Walker Texas Ranger....

Guns, saw Doc Holidays 45, Bill Tighmans engraved pistol, 2 gattling guns ( unless Old Top had carried one out under his coat..)
Frank James 1875 Remington and leather,
The one gun that was missing was Wild Bills 36..
They even had the Colt SAA serial number ONE (Sam Colt took it to England to promote his guns)

If you never have been be sure to check it out it is well worth the price (which for seniors 60+ is $5)

You might want to pass thru the gift shoppe a bit quickly or else it will cost you, I left with a really outstanding Zuni fetish. (I collect these too, the one picture is the eagle I bought today, and the other is a couple of my fetishes..)

had a ball, and now am tired...
curley who didn't even steal any of the guns..
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Howdy Doody

I loved the Gene Autry museum Curley. My daughter took me there for fathers day about 4 years ago. I especially liked the Teddy Roosevelt collection and I liked the B western clothing on display too. That is a fantastic place to spend a day. For sure.   :)
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

minerotago

Now thats real cruel telling us all aobut how good it is and not putting on heaps of photos - Im on the opposite side of the planety so chances are that I wont ever get to see it but along with Smithsonain collection, Stagecoach collection (if it still exists) the NRA collection and the buffalo Bill museum and all the other good collections in the US of A.

Curley Cole

It is really hard to get pictures in places like that, most stuff is behind glass, and pix are tough. I did take a pix of a kepi for Old Top

If yer ever in the area, be sure to check it out, is well worth the money, and right around the corner in Travel Town, a whole bunch of old trains on display...

curley (who does appreciate where he lives)
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

minerotago

Guns, saw Doc Holidays 45, Bill Tighmans engraved pistol, 2 gattling guns ( unless Old Top had carried one out under his coat..)
Frank James 1875 Remington and leather,
The one gun that was missing was Wild Bills 36..
They even had the Colt SAA serial number ONE (Sam Colt took it to England to promote his guns)

I see your comment I have copied above Curley Cole and  remember reading an article about Colt SAA Number 1. It was purchased for $4 by veteran collector Fred P.L.Mills from the estate of an army officer in Nashau, N.H. on May 5th 1925. when Fred got it home he cleaned the grease off and it only had one number and that was 1. It went from Freds collection to the collection of John duMont in 1948 and then to the Gerald G. Fox collection. I would like to claim to be a genius remembering that but I read it in Colt Firearms from 1836 by James E.Serven.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com