USFA v Colt again on SASS Wire.

Started by Deadeye Don, April 25, 2008, 06:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Sunrise

I will refer to my earlier comment!

This is a hot topic, isn't it?  I for one am glad to hear that Colt is responding to the competition.  Competition is healthy for the consumer and product developments.  I won't be reducing my USFA purchases, and hopefully I won't need to cringe when looking at a Colt.  I am reminded of the times that Colt has suffered in the market place because of the premium price and time delays beyond consumer's patience.  Time will tell.  Amazing how one man's company with a clear mission of quality can bring a giant company back to Earth!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Doc Sunrise on March 07, 2009, 05:57:42 AM
I will refer to my earlier comment!

This is a hot topic, isn't it?  I for one am glad to hear that Colt is responding to the competition.  Competition is healthy for the consumer and product developments.  I won't be reducing my USFA purchases, and hopefully I won't need to cringe when looking at a Colt.  I am reminded of the times that Colt has suffered in the market place because of the premium price and time delays beyond consumer's patience.  Time will tell.  Amazing how one man's company with a clear mission of quality can bring a giant company back to Earth!

;D ;D ;D Well put Doc, I agree ;)

TW  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

AJD

It was from Kid Sopris, who is "in the know" often when it comes to Colt.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18593

Fox Creek Kid

It does read VERY convincingly. That's for sure.  :o  Thanks for the link.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

It's like they say " Every time I get close, I get FURTHER AWAY " Don't know, might just forget about it now. :P :-\ >:( :(

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Pettifogger

Quote from: AJD on March 07, 2009, 10:50:54 AM
It was from Kid Sopris, who is "in the know" often when it comes to Colt.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18593

That link is five years old.  Kinda useless as far as providing current information.

Capt. John Fitzgerald

Actually, the post was made yesterday, March 6th.  That 2004 date is the year Kid Sopris joined the Colt forum.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Doc Sunrise

Even more interesting is following the conversations in that forum.  It would appear that many Colt owners feel the same as has been expressed by this forum about the love-hate relationship that owners have sometimes with 3rd gen. Colts. 

I also just received The Cowboy Chronicle where the SASS Colt is no longer available. 

There has been a great amount of discussion from USFA supporters and skeptics about the likes and dislikes of USFA due to its ability to be an accurate and historical replication of the great 1st & 2nd gen. Colts, and its ability to expand from the accurate base model to something different.  Examples being in calibers and finishes.  That is what makes USFA fascinating to me and more exciting than Colt.  USFA is able to produce the base SAA model more accurately to historical offerings than others, and it produces SAA variations that could have been possible if Colt had allowed the SAA to develop the market with new offerings instead of trying to leave it for dead.  Examples are finish availability like the Rodeo and Rodeo II, different calibers which are obtainable today, unique models due to the great metallurgy of today such as the 12/22, and other unique offerings like Bisley hammers on SAA and the new magnum series.

This is where I feel USFA is doing a great service to the market.  It builds the highest quality and affordable base model that is at the core of every model, and expands on this to meet the different demands created by the market.  Although it may be considered somewhat slow in today's standards set by our very quick world, USFA is responding to the market and being innovative with new and great product offerings.  USFA is making the SAA in today's world under the prevailing conditions of today, while holding onto the traditional methods that we hold so dearly.

USFA is allowing the great SAA to be alive by developing and expanding to meet the demands of today's shooters!

Pettifogger

Quote from: Capt. John Fitzgerald on March 07, 2009, 06:42:38 PM
Actually, the post was made yesterday, March 6th.  That 2004 date is the year Kid Sopris joined the Colt forum.

Opps, you're right, I misread the title line.  The price kind of threw me off.  When I closed my shop in 2005 dealer cost was just over $1,000.00 so the $1,173.00 didn't look to bad.  But, if that's the distributor cost the price may go up a bit.  Hopefully, the civilian division of Colt and USFA will both survive these hard times.  If you look at the production numbers for either they are both small players in the overall gun market.  The only players I really care about, but small nonetheless.

Virginia Gentleman

I think of Colt wanted to play the game even better, they would go back to a 2nd or even 1st generation design as the 3rd gen parts have "departed" from the orignal design enough where at least to me it really isn't the same gun.  Threads are different, the hand is different, cylinder is different and until recently the barrel bushing was swaged in.  Hopefully, USFA will keep pushing them to make positive changes, but for my money, USFA demonstrates that it is a superior gun in almost every aspect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com