Chatting for cowpokes *new year's eve*

Started by Scattered Thumbs, December 31, 2004, 03:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

"Specailly toilet paper.   :D :D :D :D :D  Ya should have stocked up on "National Toilet Paper Day." ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Marshal Halloway

Quote from: Russ T Chambers on December 31, 2004, 11:13:57 AM
Marshal

Want to trade weather? Our high will only be in the thirties, and this was the veiw out my backdoor this morning:

To be honest, nah.... not really...  ;) 

Just finished cleaning up in the yard.... It is 80 in the sun and 65 in the shades.... I love it...

Marshal'ette and I will go out shootin' this afternoon...

Pictures taken at 1.15pm CST today.

A view up to Main Street from our house.

Hard to believe it is December 31.

Even our Cowboy Shooter on the front porch feels it's a good day for some fast shootin'.

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Delmonico

Nice street fer a shoot out.  Even got a park ta camp out in. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Russ T Chambers

Quote from: AnnieLee on December 31, 2004, 01:19:31 PM
Your place looks like a pretty winter wonderland, Russ T! I hope you have plenty of food, toilet paper, quilts and the warmth of love to suit your weather.

AnnieLee

Thanks

We stocked up for a party tonight, so we don't have to wander out until Monday.  Of cousre they say we may get more snow through Tuesday.
This is what the front door looked like.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Silver Creek Slim

Russ T,
That looked like my place a couple of days ago until it started raining and temps in the low 40's. Most of the snow is gone, now.  :(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Stoney Pete

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Joyce (AnnieLee)

No snow here, but the frustration is mounting as I've discovered that some of the hodgepodge of PVC under the kitchen sink WAS glued together. So now I have to saw some.

>:(

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

The freezin' rain hit SE Newbrasskey about 9:00pm last night, not heavy but about 1/8 inch on everythin' this mornin'.  But I don't have to go anywhere till late afternoon and there is plenty of food, coffee beans and toilet paper in the house. ;D  A bit chilly because of wind and the compooter thing on the wall wasn't shovin' in enough corn cobs to that fancy auto-matic stove thing to suit me, so I puched it's button a couple of times and it is much nicer in here. ;D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Went out to the car to get empty coffee cups to wash, boy that stuff is rough on the feet, not a smooth ice, but the rough kind.  Dropped a cup off the porch and had to go in the yard to retrieve it.  That frozen grass is really rough. :o :o :o

Fergot to stock up on ice melt, Alton Brown from "Good Eats" would be proud, I used kosher salt. ;D ;D

Weather Channel said 19 and wind chill 5.  :o  Gets any dern colder I'm gonna have ta put on ma shoes when I go out ta run them short erronds. >:(
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din. No bare feets outside for me during ice storms.........Buck 8) :o ::) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Delmonico

Don't see any sense in puttin' on ma shoes fer quick trips.  Course that only when it is above 0 and I don't need to be out more than 3-4 minutes. ;D ;D 

I hope it snows, love to make tracks in the snow, my wife craft bussiness customers who don't know me see the tracks and it freaks them out. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Will some one go out to Virginny and see if Annie has glued herself  to the pipes under the sink. ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

You know, I'd like to beat Del silly with my hat, but he's already silly!

The plumbing is fixed, didn't need any glue. And I wore shoes to the store.

:P

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

I went to the store to buy cheese and rock salt and I wore my boots.  They got's a sign that say's "No shoes No shirt, No service."   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

Del, Did you send that ice stuff this way? We've got winter storm watches up starting Tuesday night and running into Thursday morning. Hope we don't lose power this time. we're going to fill both bathtubs up so's we can flush the "poopers" if the power goes out. We're on wells here, no power, no water! :o. Might get a kerosene heater as well tomorrow, sometimes being total electric sucks canal water ::).............Buck 8) >:( :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Delmonico

I think it just decided ta dump on us on the way to you. ;D ;D ;D ;D  We got winter storm watches till Wendsday. :(  We don't loose water and I got's a gas stove fer cookin' and plenty of quilts.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

I put hot coals/ashes and rock salt on me skating rink driveway so I might be able to go to verk tomorrow.

Delmonico, I agree with ya on the short trips outside. When it is below zero the toes tend to stiffen up quick. My wife thinks I'm crazy walk'n in the snow barefoot.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Delmonico

Good ta hear from ya Slim, been wonderin' all day how ya are doin' up there.  It took me a half hour ta get the wings on the ol' Olds de-iced this afternoon ta go get salt.  The porch light went out and didn't have a bulb ta put in it and ended up findin' a yaller bug lite.   ;D ;D ;D  With out the light Rita and Andera would have starved cause they ordered pizza fer them. :P :P

They closed the store early so I didn't go to verk either.  Annie is after me with a cyber-plunger cause she had to stay home and be a plumber all day.  Good ta see yer alive, was afraid you'd lost power and yer Coleman computor was out a fuel. ;D ;D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

I'z alive and well. I had no trouble getting out of the driveway this morning on account of the ashes.

Slim

Scattered Thumbs

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

OhMyGod! Slim is stuck in 2004's New Year's Eve  ;D

<Twighlight Zone's opening music in the background>

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Scattered Thumbs on January 04, 2005, 09:04:55 AM

Oh MyGod! Slim is stuck in 2004's New Year's Eve  ;D

<Twighlight Zone's opening music in the background>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com