Long Cylinder Colt 1860 Conversion

Started by Long Johns Wolf, April 19, 2008, 08:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Johns Wolf

Howdy to the campfire. I really like those pics of the Long Cylinder Conversions in D. Adlers recent book. The background info in McDowells's got me interested. And this rear sight dove-tailed into the barrel looks pretty functional, much more so than the RS on an OT.
Does any of you pards & pardettes out there happen to have a newly built variant of these conversions? Or even built one? Would you care to share pics?
Because I got bitten by this virulent conversion bug and would want one in the modern .44 Colt cal, possibly a snubby with a 5" barrel.
For those in the know which replica did you use to start with, Uberti, Pietta or even Centaure?
Is there enough metal that a .44 cal. liner can be used in these .44 C&B barrels?
Do you know a smith who would lathe a straight conversion cylinder and ship it to Germany?
Which stumbling blocks did you experience when you made this conversion and how did you overcome them?
As you pards & pardettes realize now this German cowboy needs all the help he can get to be cured.
Thanks!
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Coffinmaker

Long Johns,

I'd suggest e-mail to Bob Millington @ armssport and also to Kenny Howell @ R&D.  Kenny has been known to drop what he is doing and jump on something different just for fun.  Be worth a try!!

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com