Not impressed with my latest Uberti Remington

Started by sundance44`s, April 18, 2008, 07:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundance44`s

I bought a new 1858 Uberti 5 1/2 barrel ..colorcase frame back in 2004 ..it was a sweet gun right out of the box ..My wife really liked shooting it too , and wanted a match for it , so I ordered another from Taylors a few months ago ..it took awhile to get the new one ..backordered for months ..I recieved the new one last month ..at first glance it looked like a good mate for my earlyer one ..even the case color was a perfect match ..I was proud of that , looks like the casecolors have held up well on my older one , considering how much use it`s gotten ..The problem with the new one , I knew that they had gone to forged frame ..but they have changed the frame ..it`s larger around the loading plunger ..and the face of the hammer is twice as long as the older one ..can`t see a need for that change at all ...Out of the box this new one was a rough on the inside as the worse Pietta I`ve bought ..down right clunky ...I thought quaility was on the rise since Bretta joined up with Uberti ..anywho ...I`m not impressed at all .. and why the frame change ??? I don`t get it .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Wolfgang

There was a recent thread about the frame size change.  Bigger frame for the cylinder that is a cartride model.  Then utilizing the same frame with the puccusion cylinder and the barrel located a little different in the frame, etc.  I haven't seen or handled them my self. . . have a look for the thread if'n ya care to, . . .

Idea :  . . . ? . .  Send it back and shop for a used one that is older manufacture and matches the one ya like ? . .
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

sundance44`s

I was looking on Gunbroker and such sites the whole while it was on backorder ..no luck at all ..guess they didn`t sell many of these . I felt luck enough to get the one I have after all that checking for a used one ...
I already polished up the innards so it`s gotta be a keeper now ..at a glance or holstered , you can`t tell any difference anyway ..Just thought it odd they made the frame changes .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com