Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company shoot

Started by Deadeye Don, April 09, 2008, 02:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye Don

I just checked the weather report for Sunday.  Looks more like Winter again.  How will we know if the shoot is still on??  Personally, I am game for colder weather.  I really need a shoot "fix".    Regards.  Deadeye (who would rather be shooting than typing on this forum). 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Irish Dave

I'm gonna be there come heck or high water.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Deadeye Don

Well shucks  Dave, if you will be there then so will I  !! 

Jeff Bailey,  How about you?

Ottawa Creek Bill

I'll be there Sunday Hell or High Noon to shoot some video for the NRA convention...

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on April 09, 2008, 03:00:39 PM
I'll be there Sunday Hell or High Noon to shoot some video for the NRA convention...

Bill

Ok we all need to be on our best behavior then.   ::)

And Bill,  lets all keep our fingers crossed that Thundercreek is dried out enough for us to shoot in 2 weeks.

Tjackstephens

Deadeye Don, I have been planning to come and shoot with you all, but the forecast says high 40 with rain or snow. Don't think I want to drive over 4 hours, get wet, then drive over 4 hours back. I will watch the weather and may still get to come, if conditions improve. If I can't, have a good time anyway.    TJ  :(
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Tjackstephens on April 09, 2008, 05:04:02 PM
Deadeye Don, I have been planning to come and shoot with you all, but the forecast says high 40 with rain or snow. Don't think I want to drive over 4 hours, get wet, then drive over 4 hours back. I will watch the weather and may still get to come, if conditions improve. If I can't, have a good time anyway.    TJ  :(

I can promise you that GW will build a nice fire and have the coffee going by the time you arrive.  Hope that makes you reconsider.  ;D

Steel Horse Bailey

Well, I'm still PLANNING to be there.

TJ, I sure understand.  While GW makes the BEST Cowboy coffee I've ever had, I'm not sure it's THAT good.  But ... I seem to remember one really cold, snowy Sunday where the "Crowd" was GW, Irish Dave ... and me.  I remember huddling around the fire and lots of GW's coffee - and NO shooting. 

Gee - I remember another time with about the same conditions, ... and fresh venison ......  ::)  :o

It wasn't MY fault!!  She ran out in front of ME!

:D ;D

Thanks AGAIN for the "rescue," Dave & Steve!  ;)

See ya Sunday!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Tjackstephens

Steel Horse and Deadeye Don may have to make it another time. Sure thank you all for the kind invite. The newest forecast is worse than before, COLDER!!! I will check it again Saturday and make up my mind. It's just too far to try to shoot on a rough day. Can't make it very often and want it to be a good day. Will make it before long though. TJ 

SHB, did you say fresh venison? Oh by the way I drink tea, but tea goes good with venison. TJ  ;D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Tjackstephens on April 11, 2008, 06:12:41 PM
Steel Horse and Deadeye Don may have to make it another time. Sure thank you all for the kind invite. The newest forecast is worse than before, COLDER!!! I will check it again Saturday and make up my mind. It's just too far to try to shoot on a rough day. Can't make it very often and want it to be a good day. Will make it before long though. TJ 

SHB, did you say fresh venison? Oh by the way I drink tea, but tea goes good with venison. TJ  ;D

I agree that the weather on Sunday will pretty much suck so I sure dont blame you for wanting to pick another day to come.   We all may just end up standing around the fire trying to stay warm.   I am sure bringing my guns though!!

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Tjackstephens on April 11, 2008, 06:12:41 PM

Yes, unfortunately I did.  We'd had a pretty good snowfall (Dec '06) a couple days before the monthly shoot.  I-70 was clear, but about 1/3rd of the way there, the BIGGEST doe I ever saw appeared in front of me (it was during a mini-blizzard and I had slowed down due to poor visibility) about 1 car-length ahead and I had no options - she really DID run into me.  I couldn't stop.  I had our family's only vehicle.  I called Irish Dave on the pre-1900 cell phone and he & GW were the only ones who had showed up to the match, so they stopped on their way home and picked me up and took me back home - at some trouble to them considering the weather.  Not to mention the 3 of us in the front of a compact P/U truck.  ;)

Worst part:  The Sheriff who came after I called 911 asked if I wanted the meat, but I had no freezer space for it and had to turn it down!  :(  The van was toast.  I lost the battle ... but the doe lost the war.  ::) :P

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Tjackstephens

SHB, I know about those road deer. Have a dent in the hood of my work car now. He turned to cross the road and then right back. I almost missed him, almost. Hope to make the shoot in the near future. TJ

Whiskey Johnson

Sorry Pard's, I will have to sit this one out. The Nat'l Guard owns me this weekend.This was SUPPOSED to be my first NCOWS event.  :-[

I sure hope they let me go next weekend. Damn the weather, full speed ahead! I will give a big warning, I will be quite out of place PC wise! I have a PC hat backordered from clearwater since early Feb., Walton and Taylor seems to be backed up, and I wanted to get expert first hand advice on the leather. I ask you all to take my word for it that I am NOT going to be a "slacker".

But I can't wait to meet you all. Hope it all works out.

Build a big enough fire for the toes, and be sure to have something on hand to warm the insides at night! Have a great weekend!
NCOWS #3016, SASS #75800, Mi. Nat'l Guard, VFW Life, NRA Life, DIRTY RATS #415

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Whiskey Johnson on April 11, 2008, 09:53:23 PM
Sorry Pard's, I will have to sit this one out. The Nat'l Guard owns me this weekend.This was SUPPOSED to be my first NCOWS event.  :-[

I sure hope they let me go next weekend. Damn the weather, full speed ahead! I will give a big warning, I will be quite out of place PC wise! I have a PC hat backordered from clearwater since early Feb., Walton and Taylor seems to be backed up, and I wanted to get expert first hand advice on the leather. I ask you all to take my word for it that I am NOT going to be a "slacker".

But I can't wait to meet you all. Hope it all works out.

Build a big enough fire for the toes, and be sure to have something on hand to warm the insides at night! Have a great weekend!

Hey Whiskey J ...

Any chances of you making it to Martinsville the 26th of April (4th Saturdays) for the SMVS shoot?  You'll see a number of us at both clubs.  Half of our SMVS members are long-time GLFMC posse members - kinda like family!  We'd love to have ya!

SHB

French Jack

The JCR shoots next Saturday, the 19th.  Maybe you can make it there.   :)
Some of the GLFMC will be there, as well as TJ and some others.  We got rained out last month, but we are rar'in to go this time.
French Jack

Tjackstephens

French Jack, I'll be bring a car load. Think Fencepost is coming too. Yes hope the weather will be good. It can't stay bad weather forever!!! TJ  :D

Whiskey Johnson would be good to meet you. TJ

Deadeye Don

I am hoping the long term predictions for this Spring of wet weather do not hold true.   I may just have to break down and buy a slicker to use instead of my duster.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Well.......

TJ, it looks like the weather is going to be just fine for shooting tomorrow. Just a slight chance of light snow and eventually warming into the '40s'. Bring a warm coat or wool blanket you'll be fine. Hope to see you there.

Bob.....I'll see you next Saturday...please e-mail me your new address.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Books OToole

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on April 12, 2008, 09:13:59 AM
Well.......
. Just a slight chance of light snow
Bill

;D Let's hear it for global warming.  ::)

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Tjackstephens

Well cowboys, just got back from shooting with the Green River Gunslingers and went on line. AOL says Modoc will have 80% chance of rain or snow with a high of 39. Will have to make it another time. Hope the weather is better and you all have a great time. See you down the trail. TJ  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com