Nude Photo of Walker Revolving Carbine

Started by Triggersmith, April 09, 2008, 12:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triggersmith

the stock and forearm still have to be rubbed out and that will reduce some of the reddish tones. Not sure about the rear sight.
I am liking it a lot.  By the way, it shoots just dandy.
Any questions you can get me at
bluesman@acd.net
Thanks
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith
See my ads in Cas City Classifieds

Deadeye Don

I have always thought my Walker in 45 colt (RandD)  to have the accuracy of a rifle.  Now you have made it a reality.  Looks good so far.  Please post a picture when you get it done. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Dirty Brass

That looks really nice! I like that stock! How heavy is the front section w/barrel?

Having shot my Walker Repro a few times, (what a chore to reload each time, and clean when finished shooting) I think it would be interesting and fun to shoot that setup.

Wow - was just thinking - what a long loading lever that would have in BP! No way it would stay up! :D

Triggersmith

Thanks for the reply.  Actually the balance is just forward of the trigger.  I can put my free hand under the trigger guard to support it and it feels just fine.  I am hoping someone will come out with a gated cylinder system for the Walker. At the moment I am using an R & D 45LC cylinder which will make re-loading a bit easier.  I'm usually not in that much of a hurry anyway. I still have to install the sights, forearm and make barrel bands.  I may use the hole where the plunger goes to hold a gizmo to punch out the wedge and empty cases. The trigger pull is about 11 3/4  inches which is ok, but I am making an extended butt pad to give me about a 13 inch pull. This rig should be lots of fun to shoot.  I'll keep you posted and some more photos as I go along.  I am also documenting the build in case anyone wants to build their own.
Thanks again
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Paladin UK

Fer Triggersmith........

First up.....    :o WOW!! :o

I Lurv the pistol grip and the way that you have followed the original lines. Cant wait ta see more piccies!!

Paladin (What thinks ol Triggersmiths carbine is gonna be a Beaut  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Triggersmith

Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Major 2

The one RL speaks of ...I made for the Mini Series "North & South" when filming was over
David Carradine (who carried it on camrea) requested to keep it.
As far as I know he still has it.
when planets align...do the deal !

Flint

It looks good, and will be fun to shoot.

I found the cap blast to be hard on the face, and had to wear a bandana face mask (and of course, glasses) to shoot my Remington.  The central hammer allows cap fragments to come straight back, unlike a sidehammer rifle where the flash goes off to the right.

Also, it might look good with a forearm stock, but don't use it to shoot, as the cylinder gap will be near your wrist and the flash can burn or pepper your arm or hand with particles, keep the supporting hand behind the cylinder gap!!!!

As a cap & ball, the support hand in front of the cylinder gap is a definite no-no, as a cartridge gun, inadvisable, but the danger of chamber flashover is gone.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Rev-Bill

:oWow is all I can say. I have an Uberti walker w/R&D conv. and it is fantastic as it is. Being a carbine is just amazing! 8)

Forty Rod

When I first glanced at this thread it didn't interst me much, but I came back today and WOW!  I like that thing a lot.

Very cool carbine.  Thanks for showing it off.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Triggersmith

Much obliged Forty Rod.  It's kind of an ongoing project.  I took a bunch of metal off the sights as I thought they were too bulky.  Much better not.  I still have to adjust the color tone on the wooodwork before I Tung oil it.  I may adjust the color on the metal in spots too.  All in all. I like it.  I'll keep you all posted.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Steel Horse Bailey

What was your inspiration for this project?  It looks interesting.

Are those Remington sights?  They look like the ones on my 870 sighted barrel!

You've done a nice job!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Triggersmith

A few years ago Major 2 built a revolving carbine from a Walker.  I really like odd weapons and did some research on the Root and some others.  I decided to build my own. I like the massive look of the cylinder area of the Walker along with the slender look of the stock and barrel.  The sights are indeed Remington 700 front and rear.  I have heavily modified them to my own liking.
thanks for the reply and comment.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com