To convert of not convert

Started by Andrew Quigley, April 07, 2008, 09:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Quigley

that's the question. ::)

Well I sold my 1860 Uberti so I've got the money in my pocket to buy the R&D conversion cylinder for my snubnose 1860 Army. Midway has them on sale to this month. Now I can't decide if I really want to do it or not!! I mean that sucker is gona be a handful with my blackpowder loads and even my lite smokeless loads.
Decisions, decisions? ;)

I reckon the 5 shot R&D is SASS legal ain't it? I looked in the rule book this morning and all it said was a c&b could use a conversion cylinder.
Buy American as the job you save might be your own!

Andrew Quigley

Major 2

Not only legal..but once you spring for one you'll wonder why you ever waited so long....

I have one in my 2nd Gen 1860 Colt it is my favorite if not, then just after my 2, 1st. model Richards...

when planets align...do the deal !

Andrew Quigley

Well I went ahead and ordered one. Got an email from Midway this morning telling me it had been shipped. Should be here by Saturday so I try it out on Sunday. ;D

Andrew Quigley

Major 2

It should be a drop in...however, there is the off chance it will need a slight adj to the hand or something to work flawlessly..
usually about 8 out of ten odds it will drop in  :-X

enjoy....

Andrew Quigley

I installed one of their gated conversion cylinder in my 1851 Pietta. Had to send it to them for final fit cause of a problem but I've learned a bit more since then so figure I can handle any adjustments.

Andrew Quigley

Andrew Quigley

Boy not tonight. Got mine in today and tried it in all four of my Piettas. Didn't drop right in nun of them.  Got to go fit it now to the one it's gonna stay in. ;D

Andrew Quigley

Andrew Quigley

Finally got to finish fitting my conversion cylinder onto my Pietta 1860 snubnose. Then I got to try a few rounds thru it this afternoon. Face still hurts from the grinning. ;D
Was planning on getting a couple more of the conversions for my Sherrif's model's but now I might get another snubnose, add a Thunderer grip frame to both and have a wicked pair to play with!! :o ;D

Andrew Quigley

Ransom Gaer

Sounds good there.  Let us know how it works.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Tuolumne Lawman

Convert!!!!!!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Patrick Henry Brown

Talked me into it. Gonna try the basic R&D on my Pietta 1860. If I like it, I may invest in another with the loading gate. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Patrick Henry Brown

Quote from: Preacher Clint on May 16, 2008, 12:27:25 PM
Talked me into it. Gonna try the basic R&D on my Pietta 1860. If I like it, I may invest in another with the loading gate. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Got mine in today from Midway. It is now locked up. Will be returning it after I disassemble the entire revolver to free the R&D cylinder. Hand will not rotate the cylinder and the cylinder stop is holding the cylinder solid! >:(

Major 2

That's a shame, it the exception not the rule, should you want to try again call Taylor's get one there and send the gun, they will fit it for free..It's probably a minor timing adjustment  :)

Or send it to Rifle, he's the man with C&B's and should have no problem getting it to sing.

Andrew Quigley

Reckon the rule is they may all need a little fitting. Had to adjust the height of my hand to work in my snubnose.
Shot it in our monthly match this month and it was a hoot! Don't want to try it with my full house loads of blackpowder so I'll hunt up some Schofield brass and try them.

Andrew Quigley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com