Preparations for the GAF Muster

Started by Major Matt Lewis, April 05, 2008, 05:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Matt Lewis

Looks like I am putting together a Geronimo Wars uniform together for the GAF Muster.

I spoke to the good folks at Quartermaster and they are building a new uniform for me.   I have ordered an 1876 Officer's Blouse, and some 1884 Cavalry Trousers.  I have talked with Carrico of Carrico's Leather and he is building me a Canvas Prairie Belt, and cartridge box.  Not to mention a Carbine Sling and hook for carrying over the shoulder.  I already have the 1881 Holster.

I will be visiting Dirty Billy's Hats in Gettysburg in July to take care of head wear and I hear that Missouri Boot and Shoe Company will be at a local reenactment to handle footwear in two weeks. 

I have also found a "Piece de Resistance."  An 1880 Army Hunting Knife that I bought today.  I am attaching some pictures of the stuff I will have at the GAF Muster. 

What are you coming as?
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Major Matt Lewis

Here is a pic of the Trapdoor....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Major Matt Lewis

Coat & Trousers courtesy of the Quartermaster Shop
Major Matt Lewis

Major Matt Lewis

Belt, cartridge pouch and Carbine Sling Courtesy of Carrico's.  He did all the leather for Geromino: An American Legend and a few other westerns....
Major Matt Lewis

Major Matt Lewis

The 1881 Holster, IW Water Canteen and Haversack courtesy of Coon Creek Old West.  I am not going to post pictures of these, but It is my intent to make this the MOST authentic outfit I have put together.
Major Matt Lewis

Bristow Kid

Looks good cant wait to see the finished product at the Muster
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Pitspitr

Quote from: Bristow Kid on April 05, 2008, 07:26:09 PM
Looks good cant wait to see the finished product at the Muster
Echo that!

I'm working on putting together a GAF Dress uniform.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Major Matt Lewis

Got my 1880 Army Hunting Knife in today and man, is it nice.  The guy did a great job with it and it is 100% American made.  Gotta love it....
Major Matt Lewis

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Major Matt Lewis on April 16, 2008, 07:16:29 PM
Got my 1880 Army Hunting Knife in today and man, is it nice.  The guy did a great job with it and it is 100% American made.  Gotta love it....

Where'd ya find that beauty, Rich?  It's new looking - from what I can see from the picture.  Did the guy restore it?  Or make a new one?

Either way, I look forward to examining it at the Muster!

Jeff  "Steel Horse Bailey"
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Major Matt Lewis

Bought it off of www.auctionarms.com from bigmick45...I will have to look up the website when I am not surfing on my phone....
Major Matt Lewis

Captain Lee Bishop

Quote from: Major Matt Lewis on April 16, 2008, 08:16:42 PM
Bought it off of www.auctionarms.com from bigmick45...I will have to look up the website when I am not surfing on my phone....
He has the same alias on ebay as well, and routinely offers the same knife there as well. I've toyed around with getting one until I found a repro medical corps knife for less than half the cost of the 1880 one, and it looks pretty much the same in the scabbard...

Lastcigar

Where did you get your huning knife?  I have a knife but the scrabbard that I got with it is trash--its just leather with a leather loop for the belt attachment.  Would love to find an authentic one.
LastCigar
LastCigar
USMC 1966-70   Viet Nam 69-70
SASS GAF NCOWS
BOSS SSS Henry Shooter

Major Matt Lewis

Mel,

I got it off of www.auctionarms.com.  The vendor was bigmick45.  If you do a Google on Army 1880 Hunting knife you will turn something up.
Major Matt Lewis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com