99.2-pound Remington 1859 revolver

Started by Henry4440, April 05, 2008, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry4440

Largest revolver
One of the most fantastic firearms ever created is a working copy of a Remington 1859 revolver built by Poland's Ryszard Tobys. Listed by Guinness World Records as the world's largest revolver, this 99.2-pound, 4-foot-long gun holds six 1/4-pound bullets. In 2002, it was used in a shooting competition between NATO Reserve Forces from Great Britain, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Germany and Poland. The Czechs won

;)

HorsePen Henry

That's a lot of pistole!!!

Who wants ta belly up and make a holster for that piece? Or...has someone already done it?

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Pettifogger

I don't think Remington #10 caps will fit that!

Steel Horse Bailey

And do ya know WHY the Czech Republic team won?

'Cause all them other countries didn't realize that they needed to bring their Tanks or heavy Artillery to a pistol match just to be on an even playing field!
:o :o ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

River City John

Barrel seems a bit too long for scale. . . . .

I wonder if this was the first shooting, as I bet he rethought his hold when it recoiled. :D
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Dirty Brass

I'm curious what the trigger pull weight was on that thing. One finger firing????

Frenchie

Holy jumping...  :o I wanna see the three men and a boy who have to haul down on that loading lever to get a quarter-pound ball rammed home.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Steel Horse Bailey

Imagine this:

"A place and time, many thousands of  years in the future, after mankind has vacated the Earth in favor of distant galaxies."

An archaeologist studying homo sapien's past comes across a well preserved gun collector's remains.  This particular collector happened to collect this gun as well as the many large-scale training display weapons used by the Military.

The archaeologists of the future might wonder in surprise at these first found clues of a heretofore unknown race of giants that co-existed with Mankind way back in the 19th, 20th and 21st Century B.S. (Before Spaceflight) !  :o ::)

Or not.

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

willyboy

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: willyboy on April 12, 2008, 01:55:06 AM
;D I wanna see him holster it...

... an' carryin' extra powder, ball an' caps would be pretty rough, too!

;D

Henry4440

Henry4440

Just thinking of a conversion. ;D
Do you think they made a cylinder?

;)

Skinny Preacher 66418

Quote from: Lonesome Henry on April 12, 2008, 04:47:44 AM
Just thinking of a conversion. ;D
Do you think they made a cylinder?

;)

Call Walt Kirst...He could scale it up.

But then you would have to find the brass... ;D