Just got my new 1875 home

Started by Ten Wolves Fiveshooter, April 01, 2008, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Back At Ya Curley

Yea those were the years, fore sure, I was in about four Rock bands, and made some good money at it, at the time, but later on I got tired of the life, it was just taking all the fun out it for me, it became way to demanding. I played lead guitar back then, and I still intend to play again , I got my girl going and now she plays pretty dang good .

So you and Old Top go way back, that is great to have friends that last this long ( GOOD FOR YOU AND GOOD FOR OLD TOP  )
          Heres the web site for the Arrow Oil. ???

www.rb-treasures.com   it's Arrow gun stock finish

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Curley Cole

Yup we been friends since 8th grade. He even ended up marrying my Aunt, so guess he is my Uncle to boot. He is a person to surely ride with.  I would give him the shirt of my back if he needed it. He would do the same for me, but not too  sure I want that dang wool uniform shirt...we do live in SoCal after all.

Did you make money in bands? What kind of music? I am a kid of the 60's so for me it is Folk Rock, Blues, some country and some off the wall stuff.

As soon as Top gets his computer back up he is going to post a couple of pix of his Remingtons...We are planning to get together and to a bit of a photoshoot of his guns too..

take care
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Six Shot

Ten Wolves,

Those are mighty fine lookin' 1875's. I like what you did with the wood grips makin' 'em satin. I got a pair but I haven't done a thing to 'em yet. I haven't even taken the gun preservative off 'em yet. I think I want ivory grips for 'em seein' they are bright shiny nickle. Whadaya think?
NRA/ILA, GO-NH, LFGC, PVFGC, Merrimack Valley Marauders, White Mountain Regulators, Gunnysackers
SASS#66105 GAF#566 STORM#294 SSS#207 BOSS#181 RATS#417

Steel Horse Bailey

6 Shot, I ain't 10 Wufs, but IMHO, polished nickle and Ivory is about as pretty as it gets.  Second ONLY to engraved and Silver plated with real Ivory.

If ya got a couple extra Buck$, you might look at Tru Ivory for a bit less than $300.  They're practically dead ringers for REAL ivory, complete with rings and grain and FEEL.  T'aint cheap, but it's WAY less than real and sure is good lookin'.

I just wish I could afford a set.  :(
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Old Top

Ten Wolves,

Well I go my computer beat back into shape so I will have to see if I can get some pictures on the line for curly and you.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Old Top  ;D

That sounds good to me , I 'll look forward to it  :D 8)

Take care Pard  ;) :D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Curley Cole

Howdy 10W

Have you shot that puppy yet? I am going monday to register the mate to the engraved GW....I have been thinkin on grips. I was ponderin the Liberty Eagle from Buffalo Bros. I think they might set off that black gun, and not set me back too much on the funds part. I got REAL ivorys for my pair of nickel GW's, and that probably will be my only ones...

Anyways, tell us how it shoots. Me and Old Top are gonna shoot at Silver Queen next weekend (4-20) come on up ifn you are free. It will be a hoot.....

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Curley Cole  :D

No I haven't shot it yet, I started making my Jesse James rig, I have both holsters on the table ready to be sewed up, I think I got side tracked a little bit, I'm having so much fun being retired, I don't know sometimes what to play with next.
              Give me a PM  with the time and the address and zip code to Silver Queen, so I can get a map off the PC, and I'll see if maybe I'll be able to make it on April 20, I really do need to get out and shoot. if there is a phone # that would be good too.

The Buffalo Bros. grips do look nice , I've never seen any up close, but they do sell some nice stuff, I think they have a horse head that really looks good , kinda like the one Allen Ladd carried in Shane, I'd like to have one or two of those some day. but I think anything in white or off white will look really nice , in fact I think they look great the way they are , those are supposed to be Ultra Ivory grips on them now.

Take Care Curley, I have to go outside and play now  ;) :D ;D 8)

Deadeye Don

Ah yes.  Retirement.  Must be nice.  I can see that light at the end of the tunnel now, but just barely. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Curley Cole

Yup, my "tunnel" is only about 260 days long. Not that I am counting or anything... My wife is just now retired...I have so many things to do and so little time...<g>

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Old Top

Curly,

I think that I am entering the tunnel and there is a light at the end, but with the way my luck runs it will be the oncomming train, and I will have to change the light as it passes by.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Curley and Old Top  ;D

;D ;D Don't worry about the light in the tunnel, your retirement is really just around the corner, at least that's what I always thought, and then I had an accident at work , that put me out to pasture a little earlier, about six years early, I haven't worked in three years now, and I love it, the first year was a little iffy, I thought and hoped I would be able to go back to work, but that never happened, I guess what I'm saying is both sides of this are good , I really enjoyed working while I did, and now I'm really enjoying retirement, your time is coming Pards, just hang in there it will be here in the blink of an eye.

Take care, and I'll let you know how things go at E.M.F.  ??? :o ::) >:( ;D

Curley Cole

10w
Exactly what is happening to my wife right now...but it is only about 5 months early. Me I am going out 9 months early because I just can't tolerate the system any more..

Ever the electrician...Make sure the tail lite is workin on that train also, that is if you can see it after it has run you down..Don't we some times feel like While E Cyote...It will run us down blow us up, and we still get up for some more...

later

tc
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Curley & Old Top  ;D

Will I got back from E.M.F., and their tech fixed my gun, he took my gun into his back room and came back and said, so whats wrong with it, and I said you got to be kidding, he said I just put the cylinder back in, and it was fine, I checked the gun myself and it was working ok , so said did you try the gun with my snap caps, and he hadn't, so we loaded it up and the same thing happened again, so he took it back in his room and came out and showed me the problem, where the loading gate mates with the back of the frame, the frame stood a little proud, and was rubbing on the rim of the shell casing, which was not allowing the cylinder latch to rise and lock in the cylinder, he filed this area down, and the action is now smooth, so it was an easy fix. I told everyone you and Top said Howdy, and they said Howdy back.

SFT

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on April 15, 2008, 07:26:59 PM
Howdy Curley & Old Top  ;D

Will I got back from E.M.F., and their tech fixed my gun, he took my gun into his back room and came back and said, so whats wrong with it, and I said you got to be kidding, he said I just put the cylinder back in, and it was fine, I checked the gun myself and it was working ok , so said did you try the gun with my snap caps, and he hadn't, so we loaded it up and the same thing happened again, so he took it back in his room and came out and showed me the problem, where the loading gate mates with the back of the frame, the frame stood a little proud, and was rubbing on the rim of the shell casing, which was not allowing the cylinder latch to rise and lock in the cylinder, he filed this area down, and the action is now smooth, so it was an easy fix. I told everyone you and Top said Howdy, and they said Howdy back.

I need to have the same thing done to my '75.  It worked for one CAS match then it became too difficult to turn the cylinder; the frame needs to filing.

Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind that I miss the most!
SASS# 35973, BOLD #557, Tejas Caballeros, Texican Rangers and TSRA

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hELLO SFT

It's an easy fix , and if I would have known what the problem was I could have fixed it my self , if you're close to E.M.F. just take it back, and there Tech. can take care of this in a heart beat, or you can do it youself.         
        Take the cylinder out and look at the inside and back of the frame,( where the loading gate mates with the frame ), on mine their was a corner on the frame or gate, that stood proud, just enough to cause the shell casing rim to drag on it, when this happens the cylinder latch can't come up all the way and lock in the notch in the cylinder , and the hammer will then either fall forward or be hard to pull back. To fix this just take a file and smooth this high point down to where you feel no sharpness or proudness in the back of the frame, and this should that care of the problem, it sure did with mine, I've never fooled around with a Remington 1875, so I didn't want to take a chance of messing anything up, but I was over cautious, this was an obvious problem, but I just didn't see it. :P ::) ??? :-\ :-X

Curley Cole

What 10W said...but if you are local to SoCal go ahead and visit EMF, for one then your warranty is still intact, and he often will look at the rest of your gun while he has it....

but, ifn you arnet local, then ya have an easy way to solve yer problem...

curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Curley Cole

Howdy Gents
Well Denver Doc got his Remington, and we took it to the range, and guess what.....It has the same problem as !0w had. So I told him it would be an easy fix...he will be going to EMF monday to fix it..

but we decided to shoot her a bit anyway, and he let his friend Ray shoot it...Mind you this is the first time the guy has shot a Remington..and puts 5 ALL TOUCHING IN THE CENTER OF THE BULLSEYE, he stepped back from the firing line, and his eyes were a little glazed over, and he said that is the best he has ever shot....pretty impressive

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com