Where to buy a USFA

Started by Stinky Pants Roy, March 29, 2008, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinky Pants Roy

I live in New Mexico and can't find a dealer that has any USFA in stock.  Any suggestions on how to get a cowboy or Premium 45 colt?
Thanks

Deadeye Don

OK here is my understanding of the situation.  Please correct me if I am wrong Gary.  Acusport distributes all of the USFA stock guns now which would include the rodeo, rodeo 11,  cowboy and the premium SAA without any extras on it.  All other guns would still be ordered through Gary Granger at USFA.   ANY FFL can order any of the USFA guns for you by calling either Acusport or Gary Granger depending upon what you want using the previously mentioned criteria.  The price you can get the gun for will depend on how much money your FFL wishes to make on the gun.  Expect to pay LESS than the MSRP.  I am guessing that it will take much less time to get a "stock" gun from Acusport than to order a custom gun from Gary Granger for obvious reasons.  Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

ChuckBurrows

www,longhunt.com - Jim has severl models of the USFA available at excellent prices - especially since he gives them a Premium Action job and offers a discount for a pair...
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Stinky Pants Roy

I phoned and left messages and then emailed USFA.  No reply.  I hope their guns are better than their customer service.  It makes me wonder what would happen if I had a problem with their product and needed help.
???

Deadeye Don

What specific information are you looking for?  Perhaps some of us could answer your questions regarding USFA products.   If you are still looking for prices then you need to contact a local FFL and have the FFL call Gary Granger.   USFA is well known for customer service and for standing behind their products.   Gary might even see this posting and respond to you here. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Stinky Pants Roy

Thanks Dead Eye,
  I called the company to see about ordered a Cowboy with wood grips and to get a quote on the price and time for delivery.  I had also phoned to see if anyone in New Mexico had an inventory of USFA pistols that I could look at and possibly purchase.  I phoned the retailers that were listed under USFA web sight in New Mexico and some in Colorado and they did not carry the pistols in stock.

Banjoman

Stinky,
I don't know of any dealers in NM that stock are guns.  We have many that have ordered some but these were special orders for customers.  Many of the dealers now on the site are Acusport dealers some of which are just learning about the product.

Regarding the email situatiion, the person that gets the emails and answers most of them is also the one that takes all the pics, prints the manuals, developes the marketing material, etc.  We're a very small company and multi task.  The best way is a phone call.  I know in my situation, I'll get 3-4 calls while I'm on the phone with another customer.  Leave your name, phone number and a quick reason for the call.  We get a lot of cell calls that are difficult to understand and get the number.  If your checking on the status of a gun, make sure you give us the receiving dealers name.  We track everything by receiving dealer and that will give us the chance to look things up before we call back.   

To respond to Don, we've cut dealer margins significantly.  Going forward you should expect tp pay MSRP or close to it for most of the USFA line.  MSRPs were put at what most dealers were actually charging for the product.   
Gary aka Banjoman

Tommy tornado

As Deadeye suggested I called Gary Granger in CT.  He got me the gun I wanted and sent it to my FFL in Houston.  The USFA Cowboy I bought was about $150 cheaper than the same gun at Collector's Firearms in Houston.  From now on for me Gary is the way to go.  In fact my FFL guy is talking about using Gary to buy Marlins and Rugers from the factory.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Black Powder

Quote from: Tommy tornado on April 27, 2008, 12:43:47 PM
He got me the gun I wanted and sent it to my FFL in Houston. 

Isn't there a tradition about posting pictures when one makes a new purchase?  ;D

Congratulations.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Tommy tornado

I am going to make a holster for it first.  Then I will post a picture.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Hobie

I now have three USFA SA revolvers and have absolutely no complaints about USFA customer service.  I simply ordered one and it was sent to my dealer who charged me only the transfer fee, $20.  Seems very reasonable. 

Somebody mentioned the Bisley hammers and I was thinking, on a 3½" Storekeeper (with ejector rod) with TruIvory grips... 
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com