San Perdo Saddelry Non-delivery

Started by Fly Cop Fry, March 25, 2008, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixgunshorty

Quote from: Deadeye Don on December 02, 2008, 06:07:51 AM
Leo,  You are assuming that we are all capable of having remorse.   I think Sixgun Shorty has the best insight into Big Ed than anybody here.  He might have a comment on Eds conscience.

What conscience???
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Texas Steve

Well, I found this thread to be very interesting.  I too had a bad experience with "Big Ed".  I was just getting into CAS and I heard good things about SPS so I ordered some cavalry leather from him.  This was back in May of 2006.  Every time I checked on the status I was told "It is next on the workbench".  I went along with it until I called once on my cell phone and Ed's wife put me on hold (she put the phone down and went about her business) and left it there until I decided to hang up 45 minutes later!  I said enough was enough and filed with every single agency I could think of.  Well, a couple of weeks ago I received an answer from Arizona's attorney general. 

We are sorry that our office  was not able to assist you with your complaint against San Pedro Saddlery.

The information that I have is that San Pedro is out of business and Mr. Douglas has moved to Illinois.  I forwarded a copy of your complaint to Illinois but I have not received a response.  I did speak with "Colonel Carter" and he indicated that he would encourage Mr. Douglas to fulfill outstanding orders/refunds.
Arizona no longer has jurisdiction over the matter and I would like to give you the contact information that I have for Douglas in the event you would like to follow up:

Ed Douglas c/o
Colonel Carter
26575 W. Commerce Dr., Unit 507
Volo, Illinois 60073
847-270-0806

I would also like to add that I did get my cavalry leather from Carrico's Leatherworks (http://www.carricoleather.com/).  Got here in 3 weeks and was very well made! 

I feel for all the rest of ya'll who lost their hard earned money the same way I did.  Fear not though, maybe Big Ed can file for an Obama bailout and pay off all his debts.  :)

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Texas Steve on January 26, 2009, 07:16:03 PM
I feel for all the rest of ya'll who lost their hard earned money the same way I did.  Fear not though, maybe Big Ed can file for an Obama bailout and pay off all his debts.  :)

I'm sure you meant "a Bush bailout", because all of the bailouts to date were done during the Bush Administration.

Leo Tanner

Well the whole issue is moot.  Gun leather won't be worth spit if there's no guns ta put in em no matter who sponsored the bail outs.  I aint badgerin ya DN, I enjoy your posts.  That was just kind of a large step away from the topic at hand. 
     Again, I aint tryin ta sass ya (no pun intended), but these folks have been trying to find any humor they can over a long standing situation involving one very backward business man.  I'm sure you can relate.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Daniel Nighteyes

I like and appreciate your style, Leo Tanner!  Looks like we can disagree without being disagreeable, and that I truly value!

Mayhap we can shoot together sometime...

Leo Tanner

That would be a nice day.  Ventura is a little far from Nevada county, but who knows. 
I'm glad you took my post the way I intended it, some things can be read 10 different ways over the innernet :)

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Deadeye Don

I think those of us in the sport of CAS,  need to keep an eye on Big Ed now that we all know where he has landed.
Informing people on the SASS Wire as well as here whenever possible would be a great help to those who dont know about his poor reputation.  I still cant believe that any business man would want to associate himself with this guy, knowing full well of his past dealings with customers.   Colonel Carter's own business and reputation are now on the line.   
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Sam Hane

So far, these are the folks who have contacted about lack of delivery from
San Pedro Saddlery.

Cayuse Jack, Texas Steve, Leonard Abel, Sixgun Shorty, michael joyce, Brian
Porter, Will Ketchum or I. Will Ketchum, Sod Buster,
and myself Sam Hane.

All of these e-mails have been sent to Big Ed.

DISCLAIMER: I was the webmaster for San Pedro Saddlery. I have no other
association with the business, nor do I have a financial
interest in it. All I can do is forward your mails to Ed, and hope that he
does the right thing in this matter. Remember, he owes
me too. >:(

It is my intent to keep after him on this for as long as it takes. I am embarrassed by the actions of a man I call friend.
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118
Senior Chaplain: 9th Memorial Cavalry

Leo Tanner

Now see there Sam, yer the type of guy I'd be happy ta buy a drink for and have a chat with.  All it takes is a little integrity.  Sorry to hear you got burned too.

Roland Deschain

Sam Hane

Quote from: Leo Tanner on February 05, 2009, 03:15:38 PM
Now see there Sam, yer the type of guy I'd be happy ta buy a drink for and have a chat with.  All it takes is a little integrity.  Sorry to hear you got burned too.

Thanks. It's 'preciated.

My daddy told me a while back "If you ain't part of the solution, you're part of the problem." ;)
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118
Senior Chaplain: 9th Memorial Cavalry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com