San Perdo Saddelry Non-delivery

Started by Fly Cop Fry, March 25, 2008, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidewinder Sills

San Pedro saddlery merging with Colonel Carter's.

Anybody have an inside on this?  Luckily I have my leather from San Pedro, but I did need to ask Ed a question regarding the stamping style he used on my rig. (Trying to find that stamp at Tandy's)

His website now directs you to:

http://colonelcarters.com/aboutuscolonelcarters.aspx

Ain't seen any of his work on there so I am assuming they just bought his stock out????

Sidewinder~~~~~

Sidewinder Sills

Anybody have an inside on this?  Luckily I have my leather from San Pedro, but I did need to ask Ed a question regarding the stamping style he used on my rig. (Trying to find that stamp at Tandy's)

Ain't seen any of his work on there so I am assuming they just bought his stock out????

Sidewinder~~~~~

Howdy Doody

I don't know what the deal is, because like a lot of folks, I wrote Big Ed off a long time ago. I tried to stick up for him as others did too, but he let us all down with his dealings. It has been no secret that he continued to make leather for Sassy Sue and Kemphs in Indiana. He will be right next door now and he can make all the leather he wants, but I won't buy any more of it.

Try Kirkpatrick if you want leather delivered in a prompt and businesslike manner. Lone Rider makes some great custom, one off stuff and there are other top makers too. Black Hills, Mernickle, Shelhart and many more. I can't recommend a person that makes no effort to treat a customer and his money so very badly.

I should say that if you are talkin' about the stamp that looks something like a flower with wings that they use at junctions of the other stamping, that I do believe is custom and a sort of trade mark that they use on their leather.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Deadeye Don

Sixgun Shorty as well as others had some interesting things to say about Big Ed when this same subject was brought up by
Sidewinder on the SASS Wire.   The thread didnt last long.   I agree with Howdy.  There are plenty other great leather makers out there that wont take your money and run. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

sixgunshorty

I am deleting this post re Ed..it has been up all day and I am not one to belabor a point that we all know and for the most part share regarding Ed Douglas.
Suffice it to say that  the man was dishonest and pre meditatively fraudulent   with me, many others I know personally and many others; this alone speaks volumes of the man's character, or i should say, lack of character...
Do not buy or order anything from Ed....Enough is enough...
There is legal recourse
'Nuff Said..For Now
Thank You
SS
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Howdy Doody

Thanks for the input Shorty. That in a nutshell is what I feel about the man too. I never before publicly said a bad word of him, but I have had too many conversations around camp fires about how he takes your money and just keeps it. It is a hard thing to swallow after the many years of pleasantry, but that is the facts.

The other thing that burned my butt was that he would make shelf items for Kempfs and use the money from customers that ordered from him to buy the leather and then he would make his lower priced line belts and holsters and she would sell them at Kempfs. That is just weird and of course a lousy thing to do.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Deadeye Don

This thread will not dissapear as others on this subject do elsewhere.  Thanks for taking the time to clue us all in Shorty.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

sixgunshorty

Quote from: Howdy Doody on November 22, 2008, 02:50:20 PM
Thanks for the input Shorty. That in a nutshell is what I feel about the man too. I never before publicly said a bad word of him, but I have had too many conversations around camp fires about how he takes your money and just keeps it. It is a hard thing to swallow after the many years of pleasantry, but that is the facts.

The other thing that burned my butt was that he would make shelf items for Kempfs and use the money from customers that ordered from him to buy the leather and then he would make his lower priced line belts and holsters and she would sell them at Kempfs. That is just weird and of course a lousy thing to do.

Hi Howdy Ol Pard
How do you think i feel?
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

sixgunshorty

Quote from: Deadeye Don on November 22, 2008, 02:59:36 PM
This thread will not dissapear as others on this subject do elsewhere.  Thanks for taking the time to clue us all in Shorty.

Good! Everyone needs to be clued in as to Ed's real nature and the vast extent of his transgressions...there are literally hundreds of people involved
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Howdy Doody

That says it for me Shorty.

Folks, since I know Six Gun Shorty pretty well over the years and he would give you the shirt off his back, I know he feels rotten about Big Ed and you have to take it from there. Under no circumstances give Big Ed any of your money. You will never see it or your goods again.

Since this is our only shot at having a buyer/seller comment thing like on Ebay. You can bet there is all negatives to be said of San Pedro Saddlery and Big Ed Douglas. Don't ever confuse them with Tombstone Leather of San Diego though. Some do. Nick Asadi at Tombstone leather can be counted on to deliver the goods. He was out of business for a few years and has been back for a few, but he never ripped one person off. He had closed his doors, but completed his orders first, then took no more orders. That is how real business people do things.

And since we have Six Gun Shorty involved in this, I can tell you that you can count on Scott to live up to any agreement and is practicing the cowboy way. He will bend over backwards to help a pard out and that is a thumbs up for Six Gun Shorty, a real businessman and cowboy.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

sixgunshorty

Thanks Howdy..Much Apprecaited, Amigo

SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Sam Hane

Quote from: Sidewinder Sills on November 21, 2008, 11:48:13 AM

Sidewinder~~~~~

Here's where it is:

First of all, full disclosure: I'm Ed's web guy, and yes, he owes me a bunch of work too.

Ed is -merging- San Pedro with Col. Carters. They are partnering up, with Ed moving the whole operation to Ill.

Ed will have a MUCH better financial base at that point, and will get nice things like health insurance that he needs badly.
He will also be able to catch up the outstanding orders MUCH faster and easier. San Pedro is NOT shutting down, Ed is NOT heading for Argentina .....

Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118
Senior Chaplain: 9th Memorial Cavalry

Will Ketchum

Although, as Shorty knows, I lost a couple of hundred dollars from dealing with Big Ed, I have never made many comments on this or other threads regarding him.  To read Shorty's feelings here tells it all just how far Ed has sunk.  I remember Shorty as one of Big Ed's strongest supporters and so it was to him I turned when I couldn't get satisfaction from Ed.  Shorty tried his best and ws told that I would be taken care of.  Well it never happended, although I did get one holster.

Thanks again Shorty for all your help.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

DR.A.W.FAST

I don't know what all has gone wrong with Big Ed. I'm realy at a point that having met him and owning one of his rigs that is beautifully made, all I can say is that it is a shame. I hope that things change and he makes good eventualy, but who knows. In this economy when you've messed up its going to be doubly hard to make resititution.

Doc

Sam Hane

Quote from: Sidewinder Sills on November 21, 2008, 11:45:27 AM
San Pedro saddlery merging with Colonel Carter's.

Sidewinder~~~~~

See my response in the "Leather" section.
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118

sixgunshorty

SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

sixgunshorty

SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Sod Buster

Quote from: Sam Hane on November 22, 2008, 06:01:26 PM
He will also be able to catch up the outstanding orders MUCH faster and easier.

So when should I expect delivery on my outstanding order from 2005?
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Sam Hane

In the interest of possibly solving the problem I have done the following, with the approval of Big Ed:

at www.sanpedrosaddlery.net is a form to fill out detailing your order problem(s). This form will be sent to a dedicated account at one of MY domains, will be printed out hardcopy and mailed to Col. Carter/Big Ed.

note that I don't have a dog in this fight (other than Big Ed owes me some work too ::)) and I tested the form by filling it out with my own outstanding orders.

remember: if you ain't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. This may not be a magic wand but it might at least help to get things cleared up.

I am aware that folks are pretty angry, and I don't blame you for it - but please try to keep it polite on the form. ;D
Sam Hane
SASS 28778 Bold 118

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com