San Perdo Saddelry Non-delivery

Started by Fly Cop Fry, March 25, 2008, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calamity Jane

Deadeye Don

The SASS Wire has its rules and CAS city has rules.   Each is entitled to making their own rules since they are private businesses.  Postings that are allowed on one forum may not be allowed on the other.  Thats life.   If you feel you have a case against a particular vendor then by all means pursue it.   I know I would were I in your situation.  Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Major 2

Quote from: Black Harris on August 25, 2008, 12:19:33 PM
In actuality, your post was deleted because it violated the Wire Guidelines. 

From the Guidelines:

"The SASS Wire is not to be used for individuals to challenge vendors or argue their cases or conflicts. It is never to be used as a leveraging tool for any reason. Those are personal issues and not acceptable on the Wire."

Your post here is a good example of why the SASS Wire has that rule. Your assumption that the Wild Bunch is protecting Big Ed is just not true. Had I not stopped by it would have gone unchallenged as the truth. Yours or any members post would have come down if it had been any vendor. In fact, we have taken down posts that had a vendor arguing a conflict with a client.

Black Harris

"The SASS Wire is not to be used for individuals to challenge vendors or argue their cases or conflicts.

There should also a Wire Guideline that states...

The SASS Wire is not to be used for individuals to challenge individuals or argue their cases or conflicts.

OR allow other individuals ( with no interest or knowledge in such cases ) voice their 2 Cents worth..and lynch another member....
BUT IT HAPPENDS ....
and Sir you allow it ..Even after you are asked to intervene.

when planets align...do the deal !

Calamity Jane

I appreciate yer comments Major but we have long known that there are two types of people in SASS - the "In Crowd" and the "Out Crowd" and if you are part of the In Crowd, they will defend you pretty much no matter what you do. If you are part of the Out Crowd they simply don't give a shyte. Never EVER shall someone in the Out Crowd question someone in the In Crowd.

Basically all I did on The Wire was ask if he was still alive 'cause he don't even answer my emails anymore and I still ain't seen any product. I figgered it would get deleted, just like the dozens of others in the last few years who have questioned paying fer nuthin.

You tell me why a company would defend a person who's actions are against their own best interest and contrary to everything they claim to stand for? I got LOTS of friends but if I found out one of 'em was rippin people off, I'd haul his sorry ass to the tar & feathering myself!

Major 2

I've got your back Calamity , and we've never met  :)

I was fairly early # SASS member, but I was greatly put off , by the
SASS Wire member's comments toward non-members and visitors to the SASS Wire Classifieds...

I.E. "TURD'S IN A TOILET" comments  among others.....by persons with "no dog in the fight"
just internet lynch mob hero's unchallenged Innuendo ,  as it were.

when planets align...do the deal !

Camille Eonich

Ok, the SASS wire and thier rules and policies are a different subject altogether.  They do have the right to make and enforce them as they think is proper.  Moderator duties are not all fun and games and sooner or later someone is going to love what you do while someone else hates it and curses you for it.

There's no way that moderators can read every single post that's made.  Having said that if you want to discuss forums and rules and regulations then you're welcome to start a new post about it.   ;)

"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Calamity Jane

Quote from: Camille Eonich on August 25, 2008, 03:39:36 PMHaving said that if you want to discuss forums and rules and regulations then you're welcome to start a new post about it.   ;)

Not me. I was jist talking 'bout what's 'the right thing'. Don't see much of that these days.

Camille Eonich

Quote from: Calamity Jane on August 25, 2008, 07:44:26 PM
Not me. I was jist talking 'bout what's 'the right thing'. Don't see much of that these days.

LOL too cold up there where you are most of the time maybe.

For the most part I think that the majority of us do try.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Camille Eonich on August 25, 2008, 10:11:06 PM
LOL too cold up there where you are most of the time maybe.

For the most part I think that the majority of us do try.

Amen to that.  The minority of those that dont try is what bugs the majority. 

Ozark Iron John

Quote from: Deadeye Don on August 26, 2008, 06:06:01 AM
The minority of those that dont try is what bugs the majority. 

Minority?  What the heck are you talkin' about?  We got a minority of ONE!  He ain't no minority.  He's alone.  Single.  Outcast.  If someone was to knock him in the head and toss him in a well ......

The majority wouldn't even notice.

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Leo Tanner

Dear Lord
     You've missed the point of this entirely.  Let's say I get sick or even die.  The folks I owe money to are still gonna want and have the right to collect it.  If you go back in the thread, you'll see several folks gave ideas to help the guy out.  Meanwhile, all the customers are still in the dark as to what's happening with there orders. 

I understand sticking up for a friend, but now and then you have to give it up and say,' "hey friend, you're hurtin innocent folks.  Do the right thing".

Leo   
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Fiddler Green

Well, this thread did some good.

It turned me away from SPS. I ordered a "Tequilla" rig from Kirkpatrick; that has already arrived. Can't ask for better service! And they were even faster than they said they would be.

Bruce;

Deadeye Don

Fiddler, 

There you go!!   Kirpatrick is an excellent provider of leather and they care about customers.  There are many (perhaps most) leather makers out there that do a great job with the products, turn around time and customer service.  Glad you found one of them. 

Howdy Doody

Quote from: Fiddler Green on September 06, 2008, 11:46:09 AM
Well, this thread did some good.

It turned me away from SPS. I ordered a "Tequilla" rig from Kirkpatrick; that has already arrived. Can't ask for better service! And they were even faster than they said they would be.

Bruce;

Dang it is really hard to beat Kirkpatrick. I got my first rig in 3 weeks, basketweaved and holsters to fit long barreled Ruger Old Armys, that is not an off the shelf item. Built and in my hands in 3 weeks. However, I had ordered the belt too long. Called them up and talked with Rachel and shipped me another basketweaved belt in one week and I got that before they got my returned belt too. You just can't beat that kind of service, so I ordered another rig from them for Vaqueros. Same fast delivery. Weeks, not months and for custom too. I have had zero problems and they are holding up really well and are looking great. I recommend the Tequila and Long Hunter rigs, for sure.
If I can ever, possibly wear my two Kirkpatrick rigs out, I will certainly get another from them.

As for Big Ed. Well, yes ten years ago I got a rig from him. Things were different. His son worked with him and he had a crew. He had a number of personal disasters and I pray for him to keep the faith and I hope his many medical issues somehow clear up too. He is a fine human, but business is business and if you can't provide, then in this day and age, you are out of business. He is best to just make production items and let Knophs I think is the name sell shelf items and try to stay afloat. Custom is custom and if you can't do it, forget about it. His work was nice, but it just ain't gonna happen any more.

Do business with people that can deliver the goods is what I am saying. Still Big Ed is in my heart as a helluva man.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Fiddler Green

Quote from: Howdy Doody on September 06, 2008, 12:13:37 PM
Dang it is really hard to beat Kirkpatrick. I got my first rig in 3 weeks, basketweaved and holsters to fit long barreled Ruger Old Armys, that is not an off the shelf item. Built and in my hands in 3 weeks. However, I had ordered the belt too long. Called them up and talked with Rachel and shipped me another basketweaved belt in one week and I got that before they got my returned belt too. You just can't beat that kind of service, so I ordered another rig from them for Vaqueros. Same fast delivery. Weeks, not months and for custom too. I have had zero problems and they are holding up really well and are looking great. I recommend the Tequila and Long Hunter rigs, for sure.

Yea, fir my first rig, I'm really happy with the rig and Kirkpatrick; now if I could just get the guns to work. I didn't deal with Rachel but if she's anything like Brenda, she rocks!

Bruce

Mustang Gregg

Anyone else make a "double Huck-type" rig like Big Ed? 
I want one!

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Leo Tanner

Try Tom Hancock at Texas Gunslinger.

texasgunsliger.com

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Fiddler Green

Quote from: Mustang Gregg on September 06, 2008, 04:40:29 PM
Anyone else make a "double Huck-type" rig like Big Ed? 
I want one!

MG

Ask Kirkpatrick to make you one. They rock!  ;)

Bruce

Curley Cole

Paul at RedDog Leather in Kentucky can do the Huck rig. I have gotten several rigs from him all first class, all reasonably priced, and his shipping is usually around 2 weeks. (if it will be longer he states so, and is on time.)

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Joe Lafives

A few points.  First I don't think Big Ed has that great a rep with the Wild Bunch, as a matter of fact he got into trouble with them around 2002-04 as I recall.
Second.  Big Ed is not what I would call a shooter.  Having shot in the Arizona Territory now for some 13 years, I've never seen Ed at a shoot in the State as a vendor or shooter.  Now I've missed plenty of shoots but.... 

Third
The only rig I have from San Pedro is very nice but took a year.  That was back in 2003 and it was a rig that was a return from someone else.  I know that he has had issues but so has West Fargo (much worse issues) and yet West has a stellar rep because he communicates and he finds a way to gitter done.

I've used Old Pueblo Leather (Gene Brown) in Tucson.  W.M. Brown in Tombstone.  Kirkpatrick,  and Ted Blocker all with success.    and would recommend them highly.
SASS 5481L

"Chewing gum online,  I hope you brought enough for everybody."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com