San Perdo Saddelry Non-delivery

Started by Fly Cop Fry, March 25, 2008, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Powder

Doc & Leo, respectfully, customer service is never a dead issue in my book.  This is more than an SPS issue.

With a few exceptions, what's been communicated here are problems identified and solutions offered.  The customer is king and ultimately is the one that sets the bar to the vendor community based on how we want to do business.  When we're all given the opportunity to share our experiences as consumers, we all benefit, so long as it doesn't turn into a witch hunt.

When I ran a business, the merchant agreement for VISA/MC/AMEX stipulated that mail order businesses could not charge the customer until the item shipped.  Maybe some pro-business/anti-consumer lobby has had that changed since, I don't know.

I have an order for my first rig that's going on 10 weeks when the estimate was 6-8.  The vendor didn't charge me anything and when I offered a good faith deposit, he told me it wasn't necessary.  Sounds good to me and I used this forum in my selection process.  Of course I'd appreciate an update or e.t.a., as I think that's pretty much a no-brainer in how to conduct business.  Aside from the longer wait, I'm not really annoyed, although I did miss the first shoot.  I'm also not out any money.

Good business will always find a competitive advantage when they listen to their customers, and I look forward to continued feedback from us consumers so we all (vendors and customers) continue to make this sport/hobby better than ever.

BP

I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Deadeye Don

The moderators here have done a good job attempting to keep things civil and to still allow reasonable reviews of a service that has been a problem for a number of years.  I think this was an important thread to keep open.   We have to remember that there are alot of guests that have not joined CAS city that read these threads and we are provding a good service to them by having a pretty open discourse about such matters.   Again,  I commend the moderators in this situation.  Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Leo Tanner

BP and DD,
     I agree with you all 100%.  As said, solutions have been offered, and when they are the supporters of this man have nothing to say.  As soon as someone else reports in regarding their bad experience they reappear with personal insults.  I saw where Bob was coming from when refferring to "beating a dead horse".

I am the sole propriater of a very small business.  Never tried ta be more than I was, never took money that I didn't earn and have spent hours on the phone (unpaid) and email making sure folks were confident in the services I promised to provide.  My wife is disabled, my mom died last summer and several other things have come about--but those things aren't my customers' fault.  Everybody has problems, some worse than others, but the world must continue to go round.
      I guess (know) with this I withdraw my seconding of Bob's motion, I just saw a trainwreck ahead due to those who insist on relying on foul comments when they have nothing better to say. 
     I post this with the best intentions, but I think we all know some lame response is due to follow.  If I were Dr. Bob I'd be frustrated too.

Leo

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Black Powder

Quote from: Leo Tanner on April 23, 2008, 02:02:02 PM
     I am the sole propriater of a very small business.  Never tried ta be more than I was, never took money that I didn't earn and have spent hours on the phone (unpaid) and email making sure folks were confident in the services I promised to provide.     

Leo, I knew that was the case with you.  I was in business for 8 years, know full well the value of a dollar spent and a nickel earned.  Anybody that thinks this is easy, doesn't know!  Now I'm back in a cube farm with a big corporation.

What's really frustrating is knowing that some people choose not to return calls or emails when we know from real experience that it's actually pretty easy, no matter what non-business issues are affecting us.

Lame responses or not, the good folks here will muddle through and continue to offer their help, advice and counsel, you included.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Wymore Wrangler

Quote from: Deadeye Don on April 22, 2008, 09:07:54 AM
Somebody over on the SASS Wire said Big Eds website is gone.   ???

I just got an email from Big Ed, his domain name got hijacked, his new web address is www.sanpedrosaddlery.net
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

I notice is says "Custom orders are welcome."  Hummmm, wonder what the delivery time is on "custom orders."
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Lucky Irish Tom

Del if you go into the website further it says no special retail orders are being taken, that his leather is only available through distributers, it further says he is trying to catch up on the back log of custom orders, FWIW.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Delmonico

I just looked at the main page and that caught my eye.  Well maybe he is trying to get caught up, be interesting to see if anyone reports that they get the goods promised to them, I won't hold my breath though.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Deadeye Don

So does that mean he is making new leather goods for his distributors while still trying to catch up on the 2-3 year old custom leather orders??    ???

RRio

There is an update on my post on page 4 of this thread.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Bulls Head Bill

San Pedro Saddlery...... :P

Big Ed.......... :P

I traded a pistol to Ed Douglas, aka "Big Ed", for some leather gear...........that was over 2 & 1/2 YEARS AGO!!!

"Big Ed" still has the pistol..........I have NOTHING!!!.........nothing but empty promises!!

In my world that is called FRAUD!!

Ed Douglas now will not answer my emails.  >:(

So what words would you use to describe that type of behavior that Ed Douglas practices?  ::)

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Bulls Head Bill on August 09, 2008, 02:58:07 PM

So what words would you use to describe that type of behavior that Ed Douglas practices?  ::)

Those words are not allowed on this forum.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D GOOOOOOD ANSWER, Leo.. ;D ;D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Deadeye Don

Hard to believe this guy is still out there  in business. 

Calamity Jane

Bad enough we got a crook like that in Cowboy but it's even worse that The Wild Bunch protect the thievin son of a b##ch!

I been waitin 3 years fer leather fer which he's been paid and now he don't even answer my e-mules. I made a post on the SASS Wire yesterday askin if he's still alive and that got deleted.

I'm thinkin it's about time I got holt of the U.S. State Department for this guy stealin from foreigners and maybe the State Attorney to see what charges I can file from up here in Canada. O' C.J.'s a patient broad but when her patience runs out, blood's gonna run down the street!  :o

Ozark Iron John

Why don't you slip on down to Tombstone Ms. Jane.

1108 E. Fremont Box 542
Tombstone, Arizona 85638

I'm sure Big Ed'd be more'n happy to get straight with you'nz. 

Bring your shootin' irons and pettiecoats.  We'll go for a little ride in the Dragoon Mountains and toss you in the clover.

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Calamity Jane

If I come to Tombstone they'z gonna haffta hold me in irons to stop me from doin serious harm to that scoundrel! I can't brook crooks and liars. Ain't no excuse for holdin money 3 years and doin nuthin.

As fer the rest of it .... well that's plum temping  ;D

Ozark Iron John

There's all kinds of crooks in Tombstone, Hun.  Crooks and liars and gov'ment men.  They'd all shoot you in the back just as soon as look at you.  Give old Big Ed a looksee.  You might find whats your lookin' for girl.  And a sweet spot'n the shade too.

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Black Harris

In actuality, your post was deleted because it violated the Wire Guidelines. 

From the Guidelines:

"The SASS Wire is not to be used for individuals to challenge vendors or argue their cases or conflicts. It is never to be used as a leveraging tool for any reason. Those are personal issues and not acceptable on the Wire."

Your post here is a good example of why the SASS Wire has that rule. Your assumption that the Wild Bunch is protecting Big Ed is just not true. Had I not stopped by it would have gone unchallenged as the truth. Yours or any members post would have come down if it had been any vendor. In fact, we have taken down posts that had a vendor arguing a conflict with a client.

Black Harris

Quote from: Calamity Jane on August 25, 2008, 08:55:31 AM
Bad enough we got a crook like that in Cowboy but it's even worse that The Wild Bunch protect the thievin son of a b##ch!

I been waitin 3 years fer leather fer which he's been paid and now he don't even answer my e-mules. I made a post on the SASS Wire yesterday askin if he's still alive and that got deleted.

I'm thinkin it's about time I got holt of the U.S. State Department for this guy stealin from foreigners and maybe the State Attorney to see what charges I can file from up here in Canada. O' C.J.'s a patient broad but when her patience runs out, blood's gonna run down the street!  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com