Joining SCORRS

Started by Dead Eye Dave, March 08, 2008, 12:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Eye Dave

Just bought a Uberti 1875 Army Outlaw.  Can I join?  Can I, can I?  LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The General

C'mon, let him join.  ;)  ;D
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Evil One

If he says we are too full here... feel free to send that Outlaw to me.
I will make sure she gets used. ;)

Evil

Dead Eye Dave

Quote from: Evil One on March 08, 2008, 08:59:07 PM
If he says we are too full here... feel free to send that Outlaw to me.
I will make sure she gets used. ;)

Evil
HAHAHAHAHA.  I think I'll hold onto to it.   ;)

Bull Schmitt

Dead Eye Dave,

You are now officially a member of SCORRS. I just finished adding you to the roster on the web site. Welcome aboard.
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Dead Eye Dave

Thank you kindly sir. 

The General

You can always count on the Commander.  ;)

Welcome to SCORRS!  :)
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Steel Horse Bailey

Welcome!  Glad ta have ya join the nuthouse er ... group.  ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Wolfgang

WELCOME to membership in the group of pards ( and pardettes ) that shoot the best of the old frontier revolvers ( and replicas there of ).   Good shootin', . . . .  :)

I do hope you are also shootin' the "real powder" ? . . .  :)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Dead Eye Dave

Well today will be the first day I will shoot it.  No BP today as it is not allowed at this particular range.  Never shot BP before.  Maybe someday soon.  But I will let you know how it fired later.

DB

Steel Horse Bailey

We'll look forward to your report.

Some ranges, most notably INDOORS ranges, can't handle the required air filtration produced by BP (or subs).  Some are afraid of fire.  There have been instances where sparks from BP have set extremely dry leaves and grass on fire.  I once took a slow-speed photo in a darkened area of my best friend shooting my 1860 Army.  We were AMAZED at the amount of fire and sparks - some of which actually bounced when they hit the ground - nearly 6-9 feet in front of the gun! 

Have fun!  (And just because Uberti calls their replica "Outlaw" doesn't mean we have to.  It sorta "undignifies" a great gun, IMHO.  ;) )  With apologies to any of my friends who may actually portray "outlaws."   ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Six Shot

I shoot a pair of Pieta 1858 Remi's in either "frontier" or "classic cowboy" SASS. Can I join SCORRS too or do I hafta stand on my head while shootin' 'em?  8)
NRA/ILA, GO-NH, LFGC, PVFGC, Merrimack Valley Marauders, White Mountain Regulators, Gunnysackers
SASS#66105 GAF#566 STORM#294 SSS#207 BOSS#181 RATS#417

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

6 Shot, no headstands are necessary!  I'm not the member guy, but he'll see this soon.   If you haven't been confirmed soon, make a separate post. 

Patrick Henry Brown

I'd like to join too!

I'm an ex Confederate Calvaryman who rode with Forrest in the NSSA long ago. Now, I'm a Methodist preacher who doesn't get Sundays off and lives too far from the action. Just joined SASS as there are two clubs within an hour from our place. I own two Uberti Remingtons, one in .44 SS and one in blue .36. Also own an 1860 Pietta Colt Army. Now if I could just figure out how to use my musket and my Smith Carbine? Any ideas?

Bull Schmitt

Howdy Preacher Clint,

I just finished adding you to the SCORRS roster. Welcome aboard. This outfit needs all the Padres we can get. :o

Bull Schmitt
SCORRS President and Webmaster
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Webmaster

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D ;D ;D Welcome Preacher Clint  :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Steel Horse Bailey

Welcome, Preacher Curt!

Pull up a chair and sit on the floor.  ::)

Well ... sit round the campfire here and we'll chat.

McLernon

Just bought a  Uberti 1875 Remington Outlaw in 45Colt and 45 ACP...........came with two cylinders. I will get it in about 6 weeks after a complete police check, note from my mother and a full body cavity search. You see in Canada we have many many gun laws and it takes time to get thru them all. But we have no waiting period? I just dont know how our criminals(not that we have ANY in Canuckistan) manage. I hope being Canuckistani does not bar me from membership. ;D

McLernon

Bull Schmitt

McLernon,

Do I understand you correctly? You want to join SCORRS? Let me know and I will add you to the roster.

Bull Schmitt
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Webmaster

McLernon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com