Belgian Colt Value

Started by sic semper tyrannis, March 05, 2008, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sic semper tyrannis

Hi everyone!  :D

I'm trying to figure out what my 1960 New Model Army Belgian Colt (Centennial, Centaur, Centaure, etc) revolver is worth.

It is listed on the http://www.1960nma.org website -- serial number 128.

At this point I'm not committed to selling it, but I might be in the near future.

The specs are as listed in the database, and it is in apparently unfired condition. I fired exactly one cap in it, but no ball or powder, and the friend from whom I got it never fired it either.

I would describe its condition as Excellent/Like New (you get the idea). There's a presentation case with it - condition on that is Good.

Of course, pricing info on these is scarce. Can anyone help?

A number of factors are going into my decision to keep/sell this, and value is certainly one of them.

Thanks in advance!

----- I've finally gotten my act together and posted some pictures! -----

"Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia."

George Edward Pickett

Long Tall Texan

Drop me a line.  Let's talk value and interest. I might like to buy it.I think my email showsup here, but if not, call me.  724-349-6604

sic semper tyrannis

Hey everyone!

I finally got some pictures posted of this revolver.
Really high res ones are available if you want.

You can reach me via email: malcontent (at) lycos (dot) com
or you can PM me through the forum.

I replied to any existing messages - and I'll keep better track of this from now on.

Thanks!

George Edward Pickett

Long Johns Wolf

SST & campfire: beautiful regular New Model Army, 1st variation, 1st sub-variation. Probably made early 1960. Inspected by Dieudonné Francard of the Liege Proof House (time of duty 1959-1968).
SST, please mail your high resolution pics for the Centaure website www.1960nma.org.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

sic semper tyrannis

OK...

After some serious deliberation, I've decided to sell this.
Everyone's messages have been responded to, so that part should be settled.

I'll give the forum first dibs on this, but  if no deals have been made after this week, I'm going to post it at gunbroker.

If you're interested or have questions, please email me at <malcontent (at) lycos (dot) com> or PM me through the forum.

Thanks!!

For what it's worth, I'm in Virginia.
Most states (as I understand) don't require FFL/paperwork to transfer a black powder gun.
Please check your local laws, your mileage may vary, results not guaranteed, etc. ;)

George Edward Pickett

Pettifogger

sic semper tyrannis

I started this post to try to find out the value of this piece...
From what I can tell, Gunbroker is probably the best resource for finding that out.

Honestly, I do not have a fixed price in mind -- although the market supports the following:

s/n F11,1xx - LNIB condition sold for $730 (http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=98446926)
s/n C320 - "nice" (used) condition, with goodies sold for $605. (http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=99735851)

Given the fact that there is such limited pricing information on these, it is probably best that I go directly to gunbroker. That way neither buyer nor seller will have to commit to an arbitrary (and potentially unrealistic) price. It's often best to let the free market work its magic.

That being said, if someone just inherited a ton of money and has a $1000 burning a hole in their pockets, let me know -- you've got yerself a deal. ;D 

Seriously, though, I'll respond to all messages (and will consider serious offers), but I think it would be best for all parties if I put this up on gunbroker.

George Edward Pickett

sic semper tyrannis

I have some very large pics available for download, if anyone wants to look at them...
Please email/pm me for the links (I don't want to clog up this post with HUGE photos).

The revolver will be posted on Gunbroker tomorrow, and I will update this thread with the auction info for anyone who is interested.

In the interest of full disclosure, there is one blemish, although it is minor and easily fixed - please see the large screwhead in the photo below. There is NO damage to the frame or finish, it doesn't look like the person actually removed the screw. I think they put a screwdriver to it, and gave up. Compared to most screwhead marring I've seen, this is minor, but I wanted everyone to be aware of it.

Thanks!

George Edward Pickett

sic semper tyrannis

George Edward Pickett

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com