Deadwood

Started by Dead Eye Dave, February 29, 2008, 08:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Eye Dave

I am planning a trip to Deadwood this summer and wondering if anyone knows about shooting ranges there.  I want to go for the history but would live to say I had fired my guns in Deadwood. ;D

Thanks

DB

The General

I have been to Deadwood twice & I don't recall a shooting range there?  That's not to say they don't have one, I just don't remember a range in Deadwood.  There is a shooting range in Sturgis that's pretty nice.  You may wish to check with the Deadwood C of C.

http://www.sturgishuntclub.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

TG
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Dead Eye Dave

Thanks for the reply.  I have been looking on the internet for a gun club or something and Deadwood but will try your suggestion.  I guess its silly to want to shoot there but it just seems kind of fun to say I did it.   ;D

Modoc

Dead Eye,

Look up the 7-Down club at Spearfish, They have a CAS shoot every month and are just a loud yell over the hill from Deadwood.

They were a great group to go burn powder with.
Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante

Diego Kid

Howdy Dead Eye,

The Seven Down Club shut down.  The Black Hills Shootist's are still in buisness.  For more information on the club, go to www.sdshootingsports.org.  You'll find our web site here along with others. 

There is a range about a mile down Spearfish Canyon.  You'll need a membership.....$15 or $20.  Not sure this years price.  Spearfish Gunsmithing has cards with the combo. 

Black Hills Shootist shoot on the third Sunday located in the Southern Hills outside of Pringle. 

June has a fast draw shoot in Deadwood during Wild Bill Hickock Days the weekend of the 14th & 15th. 

Take care.....Diego

Dead Eye Dave

Thanks diego Kid and all the others who made suggestions.  Sorry I am getting back to you so late but I didn't notice this for a while.

Gonna look up the website right now.

DB

Dead Eye Dave

My Dad and I just went shooting in Deadwood.  We had the whole range to ourselves.  Fun!  Only shot my Cowboy guns.  Thanks to all the suggestions that were made about being able to do this.  And a special appreciation for Glenn Stratton.  He has a gunshop in Deadwood and was very gracious about allowing us to shoot at the range without being official members.  He also showed us his cartridge collection, which was quite extensive and amazing.  A nice guy for sure. 

DB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com