Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Damn.......

One of my best friends when I was growin' up. The family had a pool table in their half finished off attic. We'd stay all night. His daddy was a pro bowler for a while. Used to lug us kids to the bowlin' alley at all hours.

Service manager at the Honda store where I bought Andi's, Next door to the NAPA store I worked for. I've walked parts to 'em but we missed one another.

Andi went in for an oil change. He saw the name 'n went after her. She said he was so excited when he talked to her 'n found out she was my daughter. Told her ta tell me to come see 'im.  I meant to. Didn't get 'round to it.   

Younger than me. Bye, Mark....     

http://www.legacy.com/pilotonline/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=106567969
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Retirement...what's that?
    I've got a pair of high powered binos, have carefuly scanned the horizon an I don see no 'tirement out there.  I allways thought it was a mythical thing like the Loch Ness Monster or that creepy Bigfoot fella, but you all make me want to believe.  Dear God I want ta believe.   :-\  

Leo  
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Leo Tanner

Sorry Arcey.
     He was young.  Our thoughts to his family and you as well.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Tensleep

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Major E A Sterner

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Marshal Will Wingam

Sorry to hear about your friend, Arcey. Good friends are at a premium. Condolences, pard.

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 30, 2008, 08:57:40 AMHave fun and be safe, Marshal Will.
I did and I was. I was doing fairly good until one stage where we had to shoot a "snake" out and off a bank, some 25' away plus the some 25' more to go over the bank. I didn't have my monster mutha SxS with the 28" super choke barrels along and had to borrow a shotgun with some klind of choke in it. OK, 9 shots later it went out of site. Of course, the record for the day was 24 shots to do it so I probably did better than most. We had a great time in spite of the biting cold-a$$ wind, fog and momentary drizzle. Obviously the weather heads didn't know that would be the case. Wouldn't a mattered anyway since I didn't check it when I got up. Looked OK last night.

Then there was my cousin, Outlaw Jim. He showed up without his holsters. He was ready to spend the day picking up brass until I told him I had a spare rig in my truck. His waist is somewhat bigger than mine, but between my holsters and another pard's spare belt, he was in business. May have even beat me. With my own holsters. Way to go cuz.... :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Sorry to hear about your friend Arcey, I know how it feels to lose a close friend

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Sod Buster

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Arcey.  I hope his family will be OK.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Scarlet Angel

Condolences on your friend Arcey,  I have a friend passed a few days ago so I know he'll be in very good company.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Texas Lawdog

Arcey,  I never thought that I would live to be almost 61, my Dad passed away at 59 of Cancer.  I guess that it's good that we don't know when our number comes up.   Leo, we're probably a lot older than you.  I've been a cop for 38 years and I still about a year and a half before I can retire.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 28, 2008, 12:02:26 PM
      Yer a good man Stoney.  The days of softball will be over one day an you'll be glad ya didn't miss the experience, an so will she. ;)
Leo
Thanks Leo.  My kids are my life.  I know in just a few short years they will have their own interests and Dad will have all the time in the world to shoot.

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 29, 2008, 09:36:59 AM
Only venomous snakes in WI are Timber Rattlers.
Slim
We don't have alot of poisionous snakes in MA.  However we do have drunken hypocritical snakes.

Quote from: Arcey on March 30, 2008, 07:48:58 PM
One of my best friends when I was growin' up... Younger than me. Bye, Mark....     
Sorry for you loss pard.

Thanks for the Coffee.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day as long as one stayed in the Sun.  I was getting ready to head to the range when Mom and Dad came over with a new soccer net for my Alexa.  We assembled it and went out to the field.  When she found out that I'd given up the range to shoot some goals with her she tolt me to go shooting.  Good kid.  She don't understand yet that the smile on her face when I was out with her was worth more to me than a billion trips to the range.  When she said "Thank you for playing soccer with me Daddy.", my heart soared higher than Mt Everest.  It was a good day. ;D  All you dad's can relate so I thought I'd share.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee

65 here this morning, chance of storms later, one of them days when it just feels like it could storm,

did all that dad stuff through the years Scouts, Baseball, go Kart racing, all them activities always had a good time, nowdays when we sit down my son always gets around to tallking about some of the good times we had,  he's 33 this year, makes for real good memories. ;D

don't remember ever regreting any of the kid time. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Litl Rooster.

'Tis 32 and overcast. Supposed ta rain. High of 39.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Lucky Irish Tom

Mornin, I'm flip floppin twixt here and that other universe DDOZ is in!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com