Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. Thanks for the coffee, LR. Rain today. Nothing to write home about but light annoying stuff.

Rattlers. My nephew's kid plays with them. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Delmonico

I'm finally here, had some new hats come in yesterday, put some on sale, put new ones out, had one come up missing yesterday evening when I was in-vin-torying stuff.  Was not happy, I am happy to find out all unsold hats are here safe, warehouse mis tagged one.   ::)

We got Timber Rattlers along the east border on the river.  Massagas show up in this area, but only on undisturbed land, the few unplowed prairies and RR right of ways.  A few copperheads just south of me, G&P thinks less than 200, but they refuse to put them on the state's threatened list, just ask that folks not bother them if they are a reasonable distance from dwellings and such.  got Prairie Rattlers west of here, some places lots of them.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on March 29, 2008, 10:15:06 AM
Howdy, pards. Thanks for the coffee, LR. Rain today. Nothing to write home about but light annoying stuff.

Rattlers. My nephew's kid plays with them. ;D

Did you read the post the Marshallette post a couple years ago about being bit by one?  You might want to find it and show yer nephew
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Knew three what messed with snakes. Out ah that two been bit. One spent almost a week in the horsepistol. The other lost a whole finger 'n part of 'nother. Initially they told 'im he was prolly gonna lose his arm.

Don't want no part of 'em myownself. T'only good ta come from the office buildin' t'other side the fence is I ain't killin' copperheads once a month na more. They've dried up 'n blown away since the woods been cut down.

Hey, OT. Might wanna put the Chevelle back tagether 'n dust 'er off. A '67 was just auctioned off for a hundred 'n four thousand.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Quote from: Arcey on March 29, 2008, 01:31:18 PM

Hey, OT. Might wanna put the Chevelle back tagether 'n dust 'er off. A '67 was just auctioned off for a hundred 'n four thousand.

"Memeber a funny with a 67 Chevelle in HS, guy had a real tire burnin' one with a 4 speed, he let a friend drive it, the guy did a burn out and tried to make a 90 degree right turn while doin' it, did a 180 instead, the brick house stopped him, lady come out of it pissed, was even more pissed when she saw the big crack in the wall.  'Ol Officer Crasstile came up in a bit on his Electoglide, parked it, most everyone in school was out watchin' by then.  He looked at the car and the house and said, "well which one of you is the stupid one here?"  Most likely would get fired today for saying that.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

Arcey,  That Barrett-Jackson Auction is neat.  Beautiful Cars, Lots O Money.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

'Less he's a chronic problem child prolly command counseling. Next to impossible to fire one off probation 'n make it stick. EEJ is an IA man, bet ya he'll say the same thing.

I've yelled at 'em. Tolt a cryin' woman to turn the ignition off three times one evenin'. Yelled at her. Turned out she didn't know what I was talkin' about. To her it was the on/off switch.

Thinkin' they got more money than good sense, Tex...........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Rattlers...
     My area is lousy with em.  Stayed at a buddies house one night an he put me up in an extra bedroom.  There was a dry aquarium on a shelf by the bed--thought nothin of it.  Got cozied up in bed fer the night and started hearin "THUNK THUNK"
Turned the light on saw that I was layin next to two mean ass rattlers in a rather unsecure cage. 
I slep on the couch downstairs that night an ain't ashamed to admit it  ;D  Cussed out my buddy at breakfast up one side an down the other.   >:(  I'd a rather turned the light on an found Bigfoot layin next ta me.  :o

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico

Arcey, I think you would have like Officer Crasile, was from my Mom's home town, was her older sister's age, fact she dated him in HS.  Got a book for Christmas on the history of Lincoln, had a picture of him in 57 when Starkweather was out killin' folks round here.  He was the main one kept us in line around my HS, we hated him then, but he was a good ol boy.  Gave me my first and only speeding ticket, use to ride the Harley on nice days.  Died of cancer in 2005, was in the horse-pistol then or I would have went to funeral. 

One nice day at lunch a bunch of guys hid behind some bushes across from school, water balloned him and his bike, then ran like heck over some fences.  He laughed it off, of course HS's wern't the places they are today.  Wish he was still around, would love to take him out for supper just to hear his stories.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Howdy pards!

LR, any more openings with TSA? ;D ;D

I'm not much of a fan of snakes either.  I don't trust critters with less than one leg and more than four.

OT, is it still rainin' at your place?  I'll bet you're glad to be up in the hills.  I saw some pictures on the far-seeing device.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

Trinity, at least up here if it rains too much, it just runs off,  them folks down in the river valleys ain't as lucky, they still got water running out of the banks in places.  they are calling for more heavy rain Sunday night and Monday,  some of them folks that just got back home to start cleaning up, may have to leave out again :o

the prices of some of them cars is really outrageous, wish I had 2 or 3 to sell em  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Arcey

Bet I would, Del. Ya gottah have a sense of humor. 7-11 clerk distracted me while my 'fan club' sprayed my car down with whipped cream. Ya laugh that kindah stuff off. Go to RoboWash 'n get it clean. They were good kids 'n one of 'em wound up bein' a cop.

Had the unfortunate assignment of supervisin' an idiot. Put him in the ODU district. College girl, most the way drunk, mooned 'im. Instead of enjoyin' the view, he put her in jail. I think he's a captain er sumthin' now. 

Trinity

We were supposed to get only a little rain today, but it ended up a steady rain which finally ended a couple hours ago, but the sky never cleared.  There wasn't supposed to be any rain tomorrow but now they're callin' for it.  I wanted to go shoot. :(
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

We had a good one back in school.  Name was Masterenko or sumthin.  He was the night shift K-9 unit an seemed to remember how it was to be young an foolish.  He popped us drinkin beer under a bridge one night an we thought we'd split up an run.  That German Sheppard rounded us up an had us in order double quick.  He saw how skeered we was of the dog an let us go with that an some good roadside councilin.  He was a good man an didn't hate us fer bein stupid teens.  I bet he woulda enjoyed that moon shot.  ;D
    Havn't thought of him in 20 years, hope he's doin fine.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Tensleep

Had one there in Dallas when I was in HS, wish I could remember his name....

He was one in a million.

Blocked off two side streets twice a year and let us run for about 400 yds on the street behind the school campus.
He brought his off duty friends and they let us do something to keep us from killing ourselves somewhere else.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Ozark Tracker

we had a good one fer a one horse town,  he'd let ya sit and drink a beer up by the dairy king, so long as you stayed parked and in the car  till you got done.  he knew we couldn't afford enough of 3.2 beer to get too crazy.  usually only had a six pack to split,  and there were 6 of us lots of times.  ;D

wouldn't let ya speed through town, but a good burnout pulling out on the street by the Dairy King wouldn't get ya in trouble.

Texas Lawdog

Being a cop nowdays is a whole lot different than it was in 1970.  Police were respected then, It is not the case, No respect for the Police and no respect for Laws.  Younger offenders that are not afraid to shoot the police or anyone for that matter.  Being a Cop nowdays ain't what it used to be.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ozark Tracker

well the fog and clouds have settled in, bout as thick as you'll ever find it.  This picture is from the back proch to the shop  40 yards. :o

Texas Lawdog

OT, That's what it looked like around here yesterday morning.  Alot of misting but not much rain.

Arcey

Whet 'n the Secret Service bothers me, bro. Puttin' 'is ass on the line for the likes of a Clinton? Part my fault 'n if he gets hurt for nothin' I'm gonna be sick. But like I tolt 'im, he's a grown man makin' 'is own choices.

This 'family pack' thing said six Salisbury steaks. All gone. Ham, enough fer two, all gone Thursday. Friday, beef, 1.1 pounds, all gone. Won't mention the greens, taters 'n rice. If she, with her Weight Watchers trainin', don't get back tomorrow, I ain't gonna be able ta waddle down the hall.

Gezzz I'm stuffed.......   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com