Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on March 22, 2008, 06:30:38 PM
Got burrs and poison ivy and multiflora hedge here. Not to mention the ticks. Nothin' worse than runnin' into a thicket of that multiflora, just rip ya up..................Buck 8) ::) :o

One my guys decided ta pull the 'weeds' out of his hedgerow. Hot out. No shirt. Draped a towel 'round his neck ta wipe the sweat off. Next day, I ain't never seen a human bein' with a rash like that. Eyes mostly swollen shut. Face, shoulders 'n upper chest looked like sumbody had thrown a pan of hot grease on 'im.

Poison Ivy.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Ozark Tracker

Been there and done that, when I was a kid, we dug us a tunnel / fox hole in the side of a creek bank, sure was a lot of roots in there,    :o   poison ivy roots,  took several shots and a couple of weeks to get rid of that rash.

don't get it too much now, it seems like it let up a few years ago.  course I don't go rolling in it either. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

In CA we have poison oak.  My grandad was never allergic to it all his life.  One day, somewhere in his 60's he found a great fishin hole an the only thing in his way from a good spot on the bank was a patch of the stuff.  Cut it all out an cleared it bare handed.  Next thing after that he answered a call to nature...
     Man was laid up for weeks soaked in calamine durrin one the hottest summers ever.  God, did he love ta fish.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Trinity

Sure is an itchy conversation goin' on tonight. :o :o

I'm glad that we won't be seeing the brown jelly beans  ;D, but I was looking forward to them marshmaller chicks.

http://www.peepresearch.org/

Guess I gotta make my own. http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/MarshmallowPeeps.htm
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Silver Creek Slim

I hate that poison ivy too. We got some in the shelter belt behind the garage. Sprayed killer on it last summer.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Trinity

I wish you all a happy Easter tomorrow!

Those of you with kids, please make sure you don't take them down to see the wrong bunny! :o
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

litl rooster

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on March 22, 2008, 06:36:16 PM

which one of them things ya reckon he was homesick fer  :o  I could send him a few ticks when they come out,  we gonna have plenty fer our own use.  ;D

Quote from: Tensleep on March 22, 2008, 06:40:59 PM
Saw my first tick today, only one, but the season has started.

Looks like Tenzzz got here before me....we'z got plenty of them vermin ryechear
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

COFFEE is up

Sorry Trinity, ate all the "peeps" onpost last nite...Got some Ham and biscuits if you like
Mathew 5.9

Tensleep

I finished tha Cawfee LR started...

SO....................................................

HOT FRESH CAWFEE!!!

;D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee

hope everybody has a Happy Easter

37 here this morning, supposed to be around 50 for a high today, then a warm up this next week. about another week of this warming up and I'm gonna havta start mowing some of this fescue grass. :o   sure is greening up.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Marshal Will Wingam

Happy Easter, pards. Thanks for the coffee. I suppose I'll go try to find some of those rabbit eggs. ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Four-Eyed Buck

Happy Easter all ;D
Currently 22 and sunny here. Had the girls overnight, what a mess ::) They colored eggs to take to services this morning, at least they cleaned that one up. Supposed to go to Akron this afternoon for Yuri's first Easter with us.
lR, that ham and bisquits sounds good........................Buck 8) ;)

Pony Racer

Happy Easter pards - will post some pics later today.

LT nice dogs - i think the most of us spoil them doggie types in some form or fashion.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Arcey

Mornin', folks 'n Happy Easter ta ya.

The ultimate peep show.......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, pards.

Happy Easter, y'all.

'Tis 28 and partly sunny. High of 35.

My better-half is sick. Child #2 vomited during the night, but seems to be fine now. Child #1, #3, and #4 went with my sis'-in-law to Sunrise service at 6:15 AM. Micah and I will be going to church soon. See y'all later.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

Slim, I hope #2 child gets better and the other 3 don't catch it.  We are going to have an easter egg hunt for Miss Victoria after lunch.  Sorta cool here too.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

Susie came home early with grand daughter #1. Seems she's not feeling well, either. Asleep on our bed at the moment. Susie went back to the church to be be with the other two..................Buck 8) ::)

Tensleep

Hope ever'body gets well quick...

Really smells good outside, that cold front that hit las' night refreshed the air.
Kinda cool, only 45 here right now.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Major E A Sterner

Dang Sleep, It's about 45 up here an feelin pretty warm... ;D
Nice sunny day
Happy Easter Y'all
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com