Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: litl rooster on March 18, 2008, 07:41:20 PM
trying to build mental image of Trinity without "gravity" ::) ;D

did ya ever see that Macy's Thanksgiving day parade,  we'd have to stake him out with a few ropes ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Tensleep on March 18, 2008, 07:04:18 PM
Talked to Marshal Halloway tonight, normal for us, 'bout once ever' couple weeks....

Seems he is busy as ah one armed man at <SPIT> sheep <SPIT> dippin' time.
All kinds o' projects in all stages...

Ask when he'd been shootin'... been ah while.
Tried on his gunbelt other day an' it appears that gravy an' gravity done took over  :D  LOL!

Told him he best get his junk together. When I see him in OKC in April I am takin' him fer CFS an' mo' gravy!  ;D
Good ta hear he's keepin' outta trouble.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Very few care about a life thrown away. Equally, few are charged with the responsibility to find out why a body is dead and why it is where it is. One becomes the final advocate for the soul that lived in the body whether one likes it or not. I hated working a dead drunk.

Often one will arrive at a scene. Short of investigators and/or uniforms. Anyone available will do. Meter Monitor, Ops Officer. It doesn't matter. Tell them to stand there and watch the parameter. If there's a chance someone will enter and contaminate the scene, it's their job to squeal like a stuck pig. To the uninformed, rubbernecking on looker it may seem as if one of them is just oogling the scene when, in fact, they're doing what they were told to do. Suspects often return after the police arrive.

I don't know what was going on. I wasn't there. It wasn't my scene to supervise. I will never have another scene to supervise. No more canvasses to direct.

Eight years in IA. I've heard it all from folks second guessing and speculating on something they've seen. I'm sure 'Sleep can say the same about school teachers and Tex about cops in his neck of the woods.

That said, I wasn't offended. All I'd ask you is to refrain from "everything wearing a badge" and making calls when you don't know.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Trinity

Quote from: litl rooster on March 18, 2008, 07:41:20 PM
trying to build mental image of Trinity without "gravity" ::) ;D

That's what I keep telling the ladies to do. ;D

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on March 18, 2008, 07:44:31 PM
did ya ever see that Macy's Thanksgiving day parade,  we'd have to stake him out with a few ropes ;D

I'm not that big, now come on! >:( :D :D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: Trinity on March 18, 2008, 07:50:13 PM
That's what I keep telling the ladies to do. ;D

I'm not that big, now come on! >:( :D :D

no, no ya'd  just be floating around like ole Underdog. ;D ;D

Scarlet Angel

Quote from: Trinity on March 18, 2008, 07:16:25 PM

Nice pics, Scarlet!  Glad you had a good time!

Ahhhh, Luckenbach, Tx - Pop. 3. ;D  And there's often times some good music being played back there too.  I've even heard that sometimes some big names stop by to play a couple, although no one famous was there when I was. :(

See!?  That's exactly why we need to ban kitchen knives!  While we're at it, we should also ban candy canes.  I sucked one down at Christmas to a mighty sharp point. :o :o :o ;D

We did have a good time. Luckenbach really turns out a crowd on a Sat night.

We will only be allowed to have sporkes from now on.

And you cannot take the candy cane on planes you might be able to hurt someone  :D
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Four-Eyed Buck

I'll put the pot on. Hopefully it'll be okay. At least do until 10ZZZ or one of the usuals put another on. Rainin' to beat the band here, 49 currently......................Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee Buck

lots of rain the last 24 hours,  several areas around have had over a foot, haven't looked at the gauge yet, but it's plenty wet,  the news has been showing a lot of flooding in the low lying places. lots of schools closed due to flooded and washed out roads.

they say the rain will be moving out by early afternoon and we may see a little sunshine later.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Couldn't git here this morning. No network. Rebooted DSL router, wireless router, Snap server (by mistake)  ::). Finally rebooted the network hub. Bingo.  ;D

'Tis 30 and sunny. High of 41. Flood warnings on the Fox River fer today in places near here from the melting sn*w.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Thanks for the Coffee Buck,.....it's as good as enny other around here.
Mathew 5.9

Tensleep

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy,pards. Thanks for the coffee, Buck.

Glad to hear the rain should let up, OT. You're about due for some sun.

From what you were saying about all the sn*w, Slim, I would expect you may have some run-off.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Stoney Pete

The prodigal son returns.  18 pages since my last vist. :o    Is there an abridged version?  I did not get a PM, e-mail or phone call so I'm going to assume everyone is as well as can be expected  so not wade through it all.

Thanks for the Coffee.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome back, Stoney. 18 pages, sounds like you've only been gone one day.  ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ozark Tracker

well the water stayed out of the bird houses up here and it's finally stopped raining  ;D

emptyed out the rain gauge again, that makes a little over nine inches in the last day or so.  :o
course up here when it hits the ground, it starts for the edge of the Mountain, then it's all downhill for the next 2000 feet.
  waters all run off up here, just all the holes are full, the real problems now are the folks down in the Valley's,  lots of flooding going on down there, all the rivers and creeks are on the rise, probably get worse down there before it gets better,
Several places around close got over a foot of rain.

the National service confirmed it was a Tornado that hit just South of Ozark Yesterday when we were down there, hadn't seen it blow like that since I left Oklahoma,  told Jackie while we were sitting and watching, if it wasn't a Tornado, I'd sure be surprised.  we never did see the funnel, just all the rotating wind,   

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on March 19, 2008, 10:02:37 AM
Welcome back, Stoney. 18 pages, sounds like you've only been gone one day.  ;D

My last login was Friday, but yeah there have been days like that. ;D

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Delmonico

I'm here, in OWS.  Had a problem this mornin', started the pick-up, starter kept runnin'.  Grabbed my genuwine DeWitt Newbrassky priers, popped the hood with intent to cut the cable, whacked the relay upside the head first, put a ding in the case, it stopped.  Works now, was almost to work at the grocery store, got to grab a check tommorow and see the NAPA boys next door.  Went to another place last year when it went out cause they were walking distance from home, this is the second one, first one did the same in less than a week. ::)  Got a replace for free but if I'd had a fire it would have not been good.

They are real close mouthed on the knife deal yesterday.  Seems from what they are telling it was a 60 year old man taking it to a sporting goods store in the mall to be sharpened, guess they seen it through the sack as he took a shortcut through the store.  Heck also right next door to the same store you can buy all kinds of knives at Bed, Bath and Beyond, not to meanton what you can buy there at Scheels. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Arcey,  Most of the Red Light runners turned out to be DPD units.   Crime Scenes canget contaminated when a lot of folks that don't have any business there wander around.  The fact that the body was observed by some kids ws unfortunate.  The body cannot be moved untilthe JP, Coroner, or ME releases it.  I'm glad I don't have to do that stuff anymore either. I have seen enoughndead folks in 38 years, to last me a lifetime.  Extraditions and Prisoner Transportation to and from Prisons is excitment enough for me at this stage of my career.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

Lots of places flooded around here,  too. Bolivar and Zoar are just about cut off now. Bet the army engineers are glad they put those support piles in the Dover Dam now ::)
ended up talking the 15 year old down from another panic/anxiety attack today on the bus. My experience with the SIL and somewhat with my wife has come in handy, finally. Gettin' good at it if I do say so myself. At least it's working for the moment ::) :o ;)
Just one more day to go and we're off for the Easter break...........Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

DPD? Hehehe. Bet that'll cramp yer style when yer runnin' fer the doughnut shop.

We couldn't move 'em without instructions from the ME's office either. Worked straight days in Fraud/Forgery. Seemed every time someone found a body in the day light the Homicide Sergeant was werkin' evenin's.  Same with Bank Robberies.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com