Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

The place I miss for meatloaf was The Cooker. It was like PoFolks. Always full of people then *poof*. Oddly enough, the new Cracker Barrel is on the site now.

The place that really very pleasantly surprised me with their meatloaf was the l'il restaurant at the motel we used for Roundup last year. The whole meal was delicious. Same place Sunday mornin' I ordered ham 'n eggs. When the waitress brought it out I said 'ya gottah be kiddin' I can't eat all that.' Friggin' ham steak was hangin' off the plate. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Trinity

Evenin' folks.

Happy Birthday Miss Scarlet!

Been down to the park watching the English beat the Americans.  It's ok, though, cause I know it's the last time they'll ever win. ;D

Click to enlarge

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Sod Buster

Cracker Barrel is where all the tourists and folks on the road stop to eat.  That's why you can't always get in there.  There is always a line,

I miss PoFolks too.  There was a resturant in this area called the Black Eyed Pea that was similar.  Apparently they only exist in Colorado and Texas now.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Arcey

Heck SB, there ain't no tourists in Chesapeake. Ain't nothin' ta tour. All the tourists are here or in Norfolk. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Sod Buster

Quote from: Arcey on March 16, 2008, 07:47:51 PM
Heck SB, there ain't no tourists in Chesapeake. Ain't nothin' ta tour. All the tourists are here or in Norfolk. 

Ain't there a Greenbriar Mall?
What happened to the Volvo plant?

Isn't Chesapeake on the way to the Outer Banks?

Arcey

Greenbrier Mall is still there. The new Cracker Barrel is dead across Greenbrier Parkway from it. It's all within view of the Volvo plant. That closed down probably fifteen years ago. I think it's a warehouse now.

There are six new extended stay motels within walkin' distance of the former Volvo facility. Maybe that has somethin' ta do with it.

Lynnhaven is the tourist mall. They even have an inside amusement park for the kiddies in there. Much larger 'n just a few miles from the oceanfront. I won't go anywhere near it. When the kids visit from King George it's the first place they wanna go.

All they have is the Battle of Great Bridge 'n alls left of that is a historical marker.

Chesapeake. It's where the folks from Norfolk 'n duh beach go ta get away from tourists.

Yeah, ya do drive thru it goin' ta Nag's Head.

Edit ta ask, how longs it been since ya were there last?

litl rooster

Happy belated Ms Scarlett, Buck Suzie and Sandy and enny one else I missed. 

Cool Windy day here, but a Good day at the range

Chicken fried steak, learned to cook it from my mother, mashed taters brown gravy, or milk gravy it no madd'r it all gud.  Have to agree with Tenzzzzz on the egg wash...

I guess i'll pull some round out of the freezer one day this week...Hmmmmm gud
Mathew 5.9

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 16, 2008, 05:55:27 PMFor the computer stuff try start>all programs>accessories>system tools.  Your system restore an back up should be in there.
Thanks. I knew system restore was there but never put two and two together to look in it for setting the restore point. I've done so and will now wreak havoc on things with confidence. ;D

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 16, 2008, 05:55:27 PMWhere did you have breakfast?  I lived in Hollister in 02-03 and there were some great places.  The best BBQ joint ever is hidden away on a side road by the railroad tracks.
At the Cozy Cup on 4th St. in the first block West of San Benito St. Great people, great breakfasts. I haven't tried the BBQ place you mentioned but I know where it is. We used to have a real estate office on 5th St. in 1988-89. You remember the Plum Tree restuarant on Hwy 25 just North of town? It changed hands a couple years ago and now it's a really good place. They serve a Sunday brunch that is outstanding.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Sod Buster

Quote from: Arcey on March 16, 2008, 08:36:27 PM
Edit ta ask, how longs it been since ya were there last?

It has been eight years since I have passed through Chesapeake to go to the Outer Banks.  It has been seven years since I was in 'da beach.  I used to go to the ECSC every August with a friend.  He got married in '02.  My yearly trips to VA Beach ended.  I did go to a classic car show with him at the Volvo plant....sometime in the late '90s.  I knew it was closed but was hoping that someone else had moved in there.

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on March 16, 2008, 04:05:58 PM
Slim, do you know how to back up the registry on Windows XP? I knew how to do it in Win 2000 but can't find it in XP. I need to delete a registry key that has comet cursor in it and AVG won't mess with it since it may disable some Legacy_UDFREADER_XP thing. Whatever the heck that is. ::) I seem to have picked up the comet cursor when I finally got the second screen working.
To backup the registry: Start, Run..., regedit, File, Export... I usually save it the the Desktop with today's date as the file name.

I've never done Restore points.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Trinity on March 16, 2008, 07:20:04 PM

Been down to the park watching the English beat the Americans.  It's ok, though, cause I know it's the last time they'll ever win. ;D

Click to enlarge

"Well they ran through the briars an they ran the brambles and they ran through the places where a rabbit couldn't go.  They ran so fast the hounds couldn't catch em down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico..."

Will, the Cozy Cup was always a favorite along with Katrina's.  We used to call the Plum Tree the Prune Hut, but that was due to a waitress there that had dated my buddy.  It was always a good place to stop after bombin down the 152 Pacheco pass on a bike.  Unless of course we had hit the Pea Soup Anderson's on five before the fun really started.  Never stopped at the cup flippin place along the way--what is that place called,it's pretty big, jus before the Hollister turn off?

Leo

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey

Quote from: Sod Buster on March 16, 2008, 09:32:35 PM
I did go to a classic car show with him at the Volvo plant....sometime in the late '90s.  I knew it was closed but was hoping that someone else had moved in there.

That was our car show. The Tidewater Region, AACA. Beartooth was a member back then too. Ya prolly saw my Thunderbird. I think it was '95 the property owners ran the club off. Liability issues. We tried to get the mall to let us have a chunk of their parkin' lot but they refused on the same grounds. The city let us do the annual show in a park a few miles down the road after that. I didn't stay with the hobby much longer.

There ain't a piece of open land within a mile an a half of that mall big enough to build a phone booth on anymore.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 16, 2008, 09:52:19 PMTo backup the registry: Start, Run..., regedit, File, Export... I usually save it the the Desktop with today's date as the file name.

I've never done Restore points.
Thanks, I did that. I assume, that I can import it the same way if I hose things.

BTW, I tried editing the registry and was unable to do any changes. Somehow those registry lines/folders are protected. Got any suggestions on how to get in there and get the job done?

Marshal Will Wingam

Slim, I see that I can modify that file and take out the line of concern. I could make a backup file, modify that and import it back. Does this sound like a good idea? Here's the contents of the folder with the line of question in red. What do you think? What is UdfReadr_xp? I suppose we should probably head over to pm's so we don't fill up space here.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_UDFREADR_XP\0000]
"Service"="UdfReadr_xp"
"Legacy"=dword:00000001
"ConfigFlags"=dword:00000000
"Class"="LegacyDriver"
"ClassGUID"="{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}"
"DeviceDesc"="UdfReadr_xp"

Leo Tanner

Gettin inta some touchy ground there Will.  Hope Slim can help ya.  In the future you may want to look into a program called Big Fix.  It handles all this business for ya.  Gateway bundles it in with there new machines, so it mus be ok.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 16, 2008, 11:47:56 PMGettin inta some touchy ground there Will.  Hope Slim can help ya.  In the future you may want to look into a program called Big Fix.  It handles all this business for ya.  Gateway bundles it in with there new machines, so it mus be ok.
I've walked on frozen rivers before but I knew the risks. This is kind of like that. Is Big fix a registry editor or something that corrects the registry? Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Pony Racer

CAWFEE is up

CORN BEEF HASH and EGGS made to order

Good morning the FIRE!!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Trinity

Mornin' folks!

Thanks for the coffee PR.  It's goooooooood!

I've never had much luck with restore points.  Of the times I tried it, only one time worked. ::)

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee

about 50 degrees here this morning with a howling south wind,  lots of moisture coming in, chance of storms this afternoon and flood watch for tonight and tomorrow, calling for 2 to 6 inches of rain, late tonight and tomorrow morning. guess we just ain't gonna get rid of all this mud too soon.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com