Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four-Eyed Buck

Got a few minutes here. Took Sandy to renew her plates this morning. This was a morning of firsts, my one autistic bit me three times. Guess he had something that upset him pretty good. then got a smooch on each cheek from two of the girls on the bus ;D
Was checking around for tires for Sandy's roller skate. Not much in the way of options for it. the premium wheels she's got on there limit the choices pretty good. That thing's got 50 series tires on it and a M&S design ain't easy to find......Buck 8) ::) :o :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Lucky Irish Tom

Well I met Arcey at the range, along with VB Southpaw another pard and we had some fun with the self shuckers.  I hadn't realized how bad my arthritis was bothering me until I started shooting, it didn't hurt real bad, but my groups wel all over the place.  I'll be glad when the surgery is over and I can go back on the anti-inflammatories so my joints will stop screaming at me.

Taking a break from setting up all the assisted living conveniences for my return from the hospita;l while I wait for the guy to deliver the CPM machine. (Continuous Passive Motion for you youngsters that haven't had to go through such things.  ;D )

Once I finish setting up all this stuff I need to pack my shorts and tee shirts that I have to wear while the Physical Torturers work me over in the hospital.  At least I known where all those CIA interrogators got jobs when Congress made em stop working over the terrorists.  ;D ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 12, 2008, 07:28:07 AM
Do a lot of praying about it. I'd be very careful, Stoney. I believe we are in a recession, others will say we are not. I think it is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Slim
That's what's stopping me.  I do believe things are gonna get worse.  Takin' out a 401K loan is easy.  I know I can afford the  $20/week for the next year.  The problem lies in coming up with the balance in full should my company and I part ways before the year is up.  Since corporate let 6 people go on Monday in the IT department, I'm not sure I'll still be here in one year. :o  I don't think further prayer is warranted.  I think it's more a case of knowing what is right and pushing the issue to get what I want.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Arcey

Had a good time, cuzzin. When ya heal up maybe we can get MM 'n TT ta join up for a real party.

Boys, we have us a real Darwin Award nominee here. The dumb ass steals a new Porsche from a dealership then takes it back to the same dealership for service. When the police get there he decides to fight – he lost. In jail, no bail.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Trinity

Evenin' pards.  Beeeeyuutiful day today and I'm hongry!

Quote from: Arcey on March 11, 2008, 09:24:08 PM
Ginger could take a hike. Mary Ann was the babe.

I can't believe that woman is close to 70. Time goes on.

My agreements are with you.  I like loooove the 'girl next door'.  ;D

Quote from: Pony Racer on March 12, 2008, 04:38:24 AM
CAWFEE is up!!

Venison sage sausage with cheese on buttermilk biscuits are ready for consumption.

Eat and drink up - breakfast it does the body good!!

PR

Boy, that sausage sounds good!  Listen folks, I think I need to have my ears (and brain) checked.  I was talking to a friend today and understood something about an upcoming "Deer Fest" at a local wine and beer shop.  It didn't make much sense and I spent more time on trying to figure out why they would be serving deer at a wine and beer shop instead of realizing the obvious. ::) ::)  I'm just glad I didn't go into how much I like venison. :o

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on March 12, 2008, 06:10:43 AM
Mornin all, well I'm meeting Arcey at the indoor a little later, should be fun.

I'll be off line tomorrow through at least the weekend while I'm in the hospital, I'll try to drop in tomorrow morning before I leave.  Y'all be sure an keep Del in line while I'm gone.  ;D

Is that possible?  Have a ... wait, it already happened.  I hope you had a good time and good luck at the hospital.

Quote from: Stoney Pete on March 12, 2008, 06:45:09 AM
Cats are great.  You cook 'em right and serve 'em with an ice cold beer.

I'm thinking seriously of doing something that is a potential fiscal gamble.  I toying with the idea of pulling a loan from my 401k to finance the finish of my basement and a couple other projects I have on the fire.  Everything would work out fine as long as I stayed here at my job for 5 years.  If I lost the job or left I'd have 90 days to pay the balance in full or take 20% penalty and the tax hit.  I keep asking myself it that is what I really want to do. ???  As quick as I talk myself into it, I talk myself out of it. ::)

I always say... if it walks, crawls or slithers.  You're all talk though... I'm the cat lover, but I'll bet would eat cat before you would. ;D

Don't mess with the 401K.  Don't borrow from tomorrow to pay for today.

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 12, 2008, 07:28:07 AM
...Do a lot of praying about it. I'd be very careful, Stoney. I believe we are in a recession, others will say we are not. I think it is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Buck, make sure that Sandy never tries to roller skate in a buffalo heard.  I hear one just can't do it. ;D

Arcey, that guy is a real winner. ;D ;D  Hey, I didn't know you knew Marshall Mathers. :o :D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

well it made it up to 75 today, sure better than last weeks snow :o  
got another house cleaned out today, one more to go.   ;D

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

started out this morning with just a light jacket, that didn't last too long, wind was blowing outa the South West, bringing in a lot of warm air. chance of a few showers tomorrow afternoon.  but still warm. ;D

Scarlet Angel

Day was beautiful here, overcast but nice.

Buck, Wicked Wayze likes to get tires from tirerack.com our 2 cars and the truck have tires we've ordered from there. Also my niece and nephew get tires from there. You might take a look we have a wide range of autos between us you may find something.

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Silver Creek Slim

Plowed more slush outta the driveway after supper.
Lady brought a "present" so it wouldn't eat any chickens. It took 3 .22LR HP in the head 'fore the tail started spinnin'.  ::)

Quote from: Stoney Pete on March 12, 2008, 03:16:04 PM
That's what's stopping me.  I do believe things are gonna get worse.  Takin' out a 401K loan is easy.  I know I can afford the  $20/week for the next year.  The problem lies in coming up with the balance in full should my company and I part ways before the year is up.  Since corporate let 6 people go on Monday in the IT department, I'm not sure I'll still be here in one year. :o  I don't think further prayer is warranted.  I think it's more a case of knowing what is right and pushing the issue to get what I want.
That's not good news.  :( I believe you're making a wise decision not doing it.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Leo Tanner

Evenin All.

Scarlet, the pup is growning like a weed.  Our other dog Sammie stomped on her foot an gave er a perty good limp for almost a week.  The vet was goin to splint her for 8 weeks  :o but did another round of x-rays and sent us home with some puppy pain pills.  Pills worked but sometimes made her forget she's house broke  :-\  She got good enough to not need them then that dang lumox Sammie stomped the same spot this mornin  >:(  She did the same to me a few years back when I broke my big toe. Never missed a day hittin just the right spot.  Never stepped on it before and never has since the month it took for the dang thing to heal.  ???  (I didn't train that one I married into her)  ;D
    Looks like now your back the rain's acomin  :P

SP, Slims right about the finances.  Got a guy on a local radio station that breaks down the current situation twice a month in very clear terms.  Talks about investments an such an has a very impressive track record even though he swims against the current quite offin.  Sadly, it does look like things'll get worse.  Take a look at what has been happening lately with the banks in England and mebbe that'll help you make your decision.

Damn, I really went on here.  Jus diffusin after an extra long day I guess.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Scarlet Angel

Leave it to our pets to put their paws just in the right spot at the most inopertune times. Some of those pain pills can make us all forget were house broke at times.  :D

I told my friend the weather Gods must not like me, they keep raining on me  ::)
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Scarlet Angel on March 12, 2008, 08:16:34 PM
Leave it to our pets to put their paws just in the right spot at the most inopertune times. Some of those pain pills can make us all forget were house broke at times.  :D

I told my friend the weather Gods must not like me, they keep raining on me  ::)

I'd a traded Sammie for a cat THAT summer  ::) an that's sayin alot.  The sneezin an itchy eyes would have been much better than workin in trenches on a constantly aggrivated broke toe!  Mebbe all the rain followin ya is jus a sign that you need to drink more water an the Gods are jus lookin out for ya.  ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ozark Tracker

all this talk about cats, Trinity you need to get ya a 4 wheeler, so you can take TC fer a little ride.  ;D

the black faced cat on the 4 wheeler will ride with me out to the shop, then he gets ready to get off  ;D

Leo Tanner

OT
     Have ta say in my sperience, some cats are dogs in disguise an vica versa.  Guess it all depends if'n ya get a Monday or Friday pet or a good ole mid-weeker.  Had my share of both.  At least neither one requires $4 a gallon fuel   ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

Leo the good thing about these cats, they are shop cats,  they all stay out around the shop instead of the house,  we had 2 mama cats that something got last fall, all these cats were just small kittens,  so we ended up with an overload of cats up here at the house,  so we just fed em out at the shop, so they stay mostly there,  not a mouse or mole gets past em  ;D

Lucky Irish Tom

COFFEE'S READY!

Got wheatcakes on tha griddle with fresh churned butter n maple syrup, sage  sausage, ham n biscuits n biscuits n sawsage gravy, y'all eat up I can't touch none of it this AM.

See y'all in a few days got to get ready for tha horsepistol
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Pony Racer

Thanks for the Grub and Cawfee Tom.

We'll keep the smoke in the air, stink in our lungs and the boom and fire going until you can return.

Good luck my friend

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Ozark Tracker

thanks fer the Coffee

LIT, hope things go smooth for you.

57 this morning up to the 70's again today, chance of thunder boomers tonight,  but at least it's not a chance of snow. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com