Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Mornin' pards... uh, whatever.

litl rooster, I'm glad you found a nice home for Pea Eye.  I know it was a difficult decision.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

litl rooster

Quote from: Trinity on March 08, 2008, 02:02:59 PM
Mornin' pards... uh, whatever.

litl rooster, I'm glad you found a nice home for Pea Eye.  I know it was a difficult decision.

I can  give you 400 to 500 reasons amonth it was a good one.....He was truely good companion between him and my last Dog they know more about me than any other living creature, past or present
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Got 'Smoked From Above' two lights away. Rated best in duh beach. Reckon I had somethin' ta do with that. They wrestled the title from Frankie's who held it for years. Frankie's is only two miles away. I kin go either way. I'm happy. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

BBQ   dang it guys you got me hongry.....  I guess I better stop at Willards in Chantilly and get some Briskett on the way to work
Mathew 5.9

Leo Tanner

Ya knows you're in good BBQ country when they offer "burnt ends".   ;)   

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Leo Tanner

They don't know a damn sight about chilli though.
      Went to a "chilli" specialty place in Rosedale an got a plate of overcooked ground beef an a bunch a squeeze bottles to squirt on it.  No good, no how.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Trinity

Quote from: litl rooster on March 08, 2008, 02:20:19 PM
BBQ   dang it guys you got me hongry.....  I guess I better stop at Willards in Chantilly and get some Briskett on the way to work

LOOK! >:(  I was ignoring the BBQ comments, but now I know I have to go get some.  Dang it LR! >:( >:( ;D

This time it's not

All Slim's fault.
;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Sure it is  ;D

I've got a hankerin for it maself now as well.  Quick fix--through a pork roast in a crock pot with nuthin else but salt an pepper.  Let it go all day an then shread it up (very easy at this point) an dump a bottle of yer favorite sauce in.  Let set for an hour on low, get the rolls an have the best pulled pork ever.  Too late to have it today but tomorrow is jus around the corner   ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Major E A Sterner

Leo, try pourin a can of yer favorite Rootbeer over tha pork, then let it slow cook. My wife tried it and it came out fantastic. Just add yer favorite sause when done, Now thats good eatin... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Delmonico

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 08, 2008, 02:46:44 PM
They don't know a damn sight about chilli though.
      Went to a "chilli" specialty place in Rosedale an got a plate of overcooked ground beef an a bunch a squeeze bottles to squirt on it.  No good, no how.

Leo

Leo, try this for chili.

But simply Chili con Carne is a Tejas dish not Mexican, they don't claim it, they have their own version with green chili's and pork.  What we know as chili started evolving in Tejas, before they changed the j to an x.   This will about duplicate the Texas chili that was so popular with street vendors and hole in the wall chili joints.

First there were no chili powders already made till the 1890's, I use my own mix and make large batches.  I add the chili's later then I can control the heat to suit the crowd.

3 parts ground cumin
1 part oregano
1 part ground coriander

I make my chili in well seasoned cast iron, this will work for a 12 inch deep stove top kettle or a 12 inch deep dutch oven for outside.

I take a 5 pound chuck roast and cube it, deer or other game is fine or stew meat.  I sear the meat with either a bit of the rendered fat from it or a bit of lard.  When the meat is seared I add 2-3 chopped onions and several chopped garlic cloves.  I simmer thouse till soft, but not browned and then simmer 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the spice mix and what dried crushed chili's I choose to add.  I use a mix, remember small and thin tend to be hotter than fat ones.  A mix gives it a blend of flavor

When well simmered I add a #10 can of crushed tomatoes. (This is the really big can, about 6 pounds)  I then let it simmer for several hours till the meat starts to fall apart.  Taste it from time to time and add more chili if needed and any salt desired.  Use Kosher or other un-iodized salt when cooking with cast iron.  Well seasoned cast iron will work fine despite what some will say.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Trinity, it's OT's and TL and Arcey's fault this time...................I was trying to figger out what I wanted to bring to work for dinner....They just made me leave earlier to get it.
Mathew 5.9

Ozark Tracker

What a meal, I'm gonna tell ya I'm full, Jackie's full and we brought some home,  we got the big Porker meal,  rack of ribs, 2 sides each and an order of french fries just fer giggles. ;D

thought I was gonna havta send fer the truck. :o  just melt in yer mouth. :)

ain't seen Buck on, reckon if he lost power, he said this morning they were calling for some bad, bad Blizzard snow.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Arcey

Quote from: litl rooster on March 08, 2008, 05:16:54 PM
  Trinity, it's OT's and TL and Arcey's fault this time...................I was trying to figger out what I wanted to bring to work for dinner....They just made me leave earlier to get it.

'Pologize fer my part. All sounded sooooooooooooo good. Spaghetti, meat sauce, garlic toast 'n a Bud Light. I couldn't eat 'nother crumb fer five bucks a fork full.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Trinity

Tha 'Q was mighty tasty!  Mmmmmm!

Goin' back out again for some brew.  I wish the local BBQ joints would serve beer. :(

Ozark Tracker

the BBQ at Ozark just has tea and soda,  go to Clarksville and it's a dry County, don't even see it in stores there.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Leo Tanner

Thanks for the chilli recipe Del  :D Sounds great. 
     Major, I'll try the rootbeer in the pork next batch.  Thanks as well.  If we can't enjoy eatin to it's fullest, what good are we?  ::)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck

Yeah, Leo, one habit I can't quit! :o ::) I do love to eat.
Couldn't get the 'net to work this afternoon, none of my stuff would come up. guess RR was havin' a problem. We've shoveled out three times today. After the first time I made the mistake of going up to the station on the hill for a paper. Sandy's roller skate ain't worth a crap in bad snow, front wheel drive or not. Got stuck FOUR times tryin' to leave the station. The tires have good tread, but must be too wide aspect wise. Just ride up on it. The front struts are gone, too, could feel them bounce up and down whilst spinning in it. Knew they weren't very good, but this just confirmed it ::) :o
Took a nap this afternoon as I was up too early this morning. lR, is this a permanent parting? Or is he just boarding there? We have a similar place near here called Pegasus Stables that runs the same type of program, one of my kids on the bus goes there once a week for therapy....................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on March 08, 2008, 02:11:51 PM
I can  give you 400 to 500 reasons amonth it was a good one.....He was truely good companion between him and my last Dog they know more about me than any other living creature, past or present

You should be proud that Pea Eye is qualified for the program.  He is gentle and not high strung at all.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Sod Buster

Del,
Sorry I am late to the fire.  I hope all of your family is OK and that they catch the bastards.  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

This will be a permanant home for him

He loves kids.... and nothing much bothers him
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com