Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Didn't they get a bunch of rain last year?
St Charles cancelled their match

BTW welcome to the fire Pappy
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Rooooooo, I seem ta remember one 'sides Roundup what got wet. Could ah been.

Sad when folks make all them plans, spend the money, get there 'n have ta play in the rain. Shootin' or racin'.

Suns out now. Here anyway.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major E A Sterner

Mornin Y'all, don't forget to set yer clocks ahead an hour tonight... ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on March 08, 2008, 09:10:31 AM
Mornin Y'all, don't forget to set yer clocks ahead an hour tonight... ::)

It's Leap Year, Major set it ahead 1 hour 6 minutes ;D
Mathew 5.9

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. Thanks for the coffee, Buck. Do you usually have this much snow this late in the year? 8 inches is a bunch.

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 08, 2008, 06:36:47 AMWill, good to hear it's running better. I don't like paying money for software. I use AVG for anti-virus and Spybot for spyware.
I had Spybot on my machine for a while but Norton had a conflict with it so I had to remove it. I still have Ad-Aware which is great for checking emails before downloading them. This way I can dump any spam before downloading and also check for viruses and such when pulling them into my mail. My wife has Spybot so I'll have her see if it catches anything that AVG misses (she is also trying AVG to see how it fares against McAfee. AVG nailed 502 tracking cookies McAfee didn't catch). If so, I'll put it back on mine. I'm scanning my backup drive at this time to remove all the trash I've backed up. I use Retrospect for mirroring my drive and all the files are usable files the way they're saved. The last step will be to back up the system again and defrag once more.

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on March 08, 2008, 09:10:31 AMMornin Y'all, don't forget to set yer clocks ahead an hour tonight... ::)
Thanks for the reminder. Now the clock on my bike will be correct again. ;D I usually don't look at it until I'm riding down the road and then I have gloves on and can't get hold of the little bitty pin to set it. ::)

Quote from: litl rooster on March 08, 2008, 09:48:00 AMIt's Leap Year, Major set it ahead 1 hour 6 minutes ;D
;D ;D ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Leo Tanner

Funny thing Marshall Will-
     I fired up the machine today and the headline on Yahoo was all about top virus software.  Check it out if you please.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/82713

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey

They been promotin' this on Speed.

Might have some potential. I messed with cuttin' 'n bustin' most as a hobby 'n fer heat when I was young. Loved it. Still wound up bustin' my left foot.

http://www.history.com/minisites/axmen
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

That firewood splitting is work. A Tree surgeon had to cut down one of my 200 year old oak trees.  They cut it into chunks and I used my small sledge and grenade to split that stuff.  I got it done but my hands were sore for a couple of days.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Last I did was when Izabel blew thru, made this place look like a war zone 'n tore the house up. Had me a heart attack cuttin' 'n splittin' what was downed. That's the last of that. Son-in-law likes messin' with it as much as I did. I'll drink beer 'n watch.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ozark Tracker

that gas powered wood splitter I got back in the fall sure made that work easy,  we've split 15 or 20 ricks between me and the neighbor, just about got it broke in good

about 40 degrees here, snow's try to melt a little, gonna take awhile,

roads clear, starting to get kinda BBQ hungry ;D  
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Texas Lawdog

BBQ!   OT, I had a cravin' for BBQ flung on me yesterday. I stopped a place in Arlington and some sliced brisket, sausage, and hot links. I had a late lunch after work yesterday.

Ozark Tracker

TLD, next time ya get up this way, we'll have ta take ya to our BBQ place down here to Ozark,  it's good,   I'm kinda leaning toward the ribs with a coupla hot links on the side. ;D  baked beans, Okry and maybe a few french fries. :o ;D

Arcey

My neighbor, Pat, 'n me had a good bidness goin' cuttin' trees. Got the wood 'n got paid for it. We'd collect big logs then go tagether 'n rent a hydraulic splitter. Both of us had stoves.

How I busted my foot. I got the chunk what we wedged. Was rollin' the stuff out the truck. It hit the tailgate just right 'n I lost it. Hurt right now.

Told Pleazin' I'd take care of the house werk when Pat 'n me got home. She was supposed ta be on bed rest, pregnant with Andi. Did it all 'n watched a play off game. At midnight, I was in the emergency room. Friggin' foot ain't been right since. 

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, Do you have any S&W revolver spare parts. I need a K frame regular hammer.  I bought a used Model 12 that someone had bobbed off the hammer.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Pretty sure all I have out of a K is bobbed. The one I took out the 14. I'll be goin' to the shop to play at the indoor with Tom Wednesday. Doug'll have one if ya can't find one local.

Leo Tanner

When I lived in KC I was in BBQ heaven.  Thas where I learned the differance tween BBQ an grillin.
    KC Masterpiece had a chain of resturaunts but the big one was Gates.
Then there was the guy who rolled up his industrial size smoker in a parking lot on Troost Ave everday and got to business about 6 am.  He was the best  ;)  That truley is the home of BBQ!!!

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ozark Tracker

where I grew up in Oklahoma, we had about a dozen or so BBQ places, but about 3 were choice places, most all the meat was good, about  half of eating BBQ is the sause, with just the right sause it just pops,    one place an old Black fella that I'd known forever,  didn't use any plates, just bring ya out a piece of wax paper, put all the meat and everything right there on it.  his sause was the best around.  Slick's BBQ in Muskogee,

but there are some good ones around if yer willin to look. ;D

We can't be putting all that responsibility on Trinity he's got to get full sometime and miss a good one ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com