Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoney Pete

Thanks for the coffee Buck.
Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on March 05, 2008, 04:56:02 AM
...boy howdy, did it rain last night.
Been raining here since approx 4pm yesterday and it ain't gonna quit till tonight.  Sure glad it ain't white. :o

Got the call this morning that another friend has passed.  Though still sad, this one if FAR from a tradgedy.  He was 103.   :o  Ray and his third wife were married on the same day as Chrissie and I.   When they discovered that fact they insisted the the members of our church attend our wedding as this was his third (the man was a widdower 3 times) and her second as she was also a widdow.  They wanted our first to be special.  Heaven's got a good guy.

Quote from: The EnterprizeBrockton Raymond Franklin Leonard, age 103 years, passed away Sunday at the Braemoor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Brockton. He was the husband of the late Helen K. (Hart) Leonard, the late Myra F. (Piers) Leonard and the late Vivian L. (Livie) Leonard. Born in North Raynham, he was a son of the late Elmer W. and Maude (Cahoon) Leonard. He attended Taunton public schools and resided throughout the years in Raynham, Taunton, Middleboro, Lakeville and Brockton. Mr. Leonard was employed as an estimator in the asphalt business for the Sherry Corporation of Fall River for 39 years, from which he retired. He was a member of the Teamsters Union Local 526 of Fall River and formerly of the Teamsters Union Local 653 of Brockton. Hobbies included playing cribbage and watching the Boston Red Sox. He attended the Good News Bible Chapel of Attleboro, Trinity Baptist Church of Brockton and Grace Bible Church of East Bridgewater. He is survived by two sons, Robert F. Leonard and wife Judith of Taunton and Nelson D. Leonard and wife June also of Taunton; six grandchildren, Robert H. Leonard of Middleboro, Edward T. Leonard of Acton, John S. Leonard of Tiverton, R.I., Dawn H. Dow of Taunton, Brad N. Leonard also of Taunton and Eric H. Leonard of Bridgewater; six great-grandchildren; and a sister, Dorothy OConnor of Taunton; as well as several nieces and nephews. Another sister, Louise Copeland, preceded him in death. A funeral service will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. in the Dahlborg-MacNevin Funeral Home, 280 Bedford St. (Rte. 18), Lakeville. Interment will follow the service in Pine Hill Cemetery, East Taunton. Visitation will be Wednesday from 5-7 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to the charity of choice. For additional information or to send a condolence, please visit www.d-mfh.com.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Lucky Irish Tom

Thanks for the coffee Buck, sounds like you had a rough night.  We had overnight thunderstorms, one of the service stations got the awning over the gas pumps twisted into an interesting art piece.

Stoney, sorry to hear about the loos of your friend.

Del I hope everything turns out okay.

Sleep take care of that knee, it will keep getting stronger day by day.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Sorry ta hear the news, Stoney.

'Tis 16° and partly sunny. High of 29°. "Chance of snow 60%. About one inch of snow expected."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Mornin', y'all.

Yup. Sounds like Buck had him a time last night. What went ta twist-ties, Tom? We didn't get much more'n a sprinkle here.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Sorry to hear that Stoney.  Spittin' snow here, I'm in OWS till 8.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. Thanks for the coffee, Buck.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Stoney. My thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Arcey on March 05, 2008, 09:20:16 AM
Mornin', y'all.

Yup. Sounds like Buck had him a time last night. What went ta twist-ties, Tom? We didn't get much more'n a sprinkle here.

Had an awning over a BP in Ghent get bent in two looked right interesting, and they had some utility poles on Hampton Blvd, they blocked up traffic.  It rained hard enough over by me it floated my leaf bags to another part of the yard that was downhill from where I put them.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Arcey

Damn..........

Guess us this way missed the fun. Saw sumthin' when I was monitorin' the gun-grabber thingy in the rag (internet version) 'bout Hampton Blvd. but I ain't been o'er there in years, paid no attention to it. Hope ya didn't suffer no damage. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Ozark Tracker

Well made a hight today of 57, felt pretty good light SW wind, supposed to be another front come through later, another chance of snow, colder tomorrow. ::) ::) 

got the old outside TV antenna down today, it had got loose on the house and every time the wind blows hard it bangs against the house, hard to get to sleep with all that pounding,  we haven't used it for several years, get all the local stations on the satallite now.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Arcey

When I wuz runnin' 'round the bank sign said 64. Folks can yearn fer season change all they want. It'd stay this way Jan 1 to Dec 31 I'd be tickled silly.

Ozark Tracker

when Jackie and I got together, she had just moved from California, where she'd been all her life,  she liked the changing seasons, had never got out in the snow, had never seen a lightning show like we get in a good thunderstorm and cold weather,  I told her if I never saw snow or had to bundle up from the cold again, I woldn't miss it one little bit, seen it for 57 years.

been over here in Arkansas for 10 years tomorrow, March 6,   we've been outside working ever single day,  she's not as crazy about all those season things and especially the cold weather now.  She still enjoys a good lightning show.  ;D

Delmonico

I love a good 'lectric storm, love them best out in The Sandhills, you can see them coming for 75 to a 100 miles, ain't much in the way to block it.  Of course sittin' one out in the cab of a pick-up can be a bit scary, yer butt is hangin' out and no where to go if a funnel drops in on ya.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on March 05, 2008, 04:22:01 PM
When I wuz runnin' 'round the bank sign said 64. Folks can yearn fer season change all they want. It'd stay this way Jan 1 to Dec 31 I'd be tickled silly.

I could live with that.   Had a breeze here today but sunny and mild 60 somethin'.....Far cry nicer than last nite
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Enjoy a light show mysownself. Caught part of the local news when we were eatin'. Don't know how we missed last night. Looked right nasty. Neither of the wimmen heard anythin' 'n slept. A bird chirpin' wakes them. Looked out a l'il after 0300. Wasn't doin' anything. Street was wet. No branches down in the hood that I've seen. I dunno.

Liked sn*w when I was a kid. Wanna see it fall now 'n again. As long as it melts 'n runs down the storm drain soons it hits the ground.

Ozark Tracker

Back in Oklahoma, we could see the storms coming a long ways off, over here in the hills sometimes you can't,  when we first moved over here it was really strange, the lightning could be going on down in the valley and the lightning flashes glow and come back over the edges of the mountains, it really had a strange look to it, we got used to it now and don't watch it as much now as then, we'd go out on the front porch and watch it go by.  
the clouds move odd too, you'll see em heading for the mountain, then split sometimes and go around the edges. depends on what part of the mountain it hits,  if it's flat it sometimes comes up and over, if it's a point it splits and heads for the ravines and breaks in the mountains.

The snow we had yesterday was just the kind I like,  pretty in the morning,  gone in the afternoon ;D

Arcey

Saw one comin' when we were Drum fishin' one afternoon. Sure was pretty ta watch. It was across the bay 'n over Hampton.  Instead of runnin' over ta the concrete ships ta ride it out, we tried to haul ass back to Norfolk. That won't happen again.

Delmonico

Quote from: Arcey on March 05, 2008, 05:54:08 PM
Saw one comin' when we were Drum fishin' one afternoon. Sure was pretty ta watch. It was across the bay 'n over Hampton.  Instead of runnin' over ta the concrete ships ta ride it out, we tried to haul ass back to Norfolk. That won't happen again.

Don't think I'd like that.  No big water here, but years ago I owned a canoe, was in the creek on one of our lakes, storm almost hit us before we knew it because of the tree cover, the mile across the lake to the car was a bit scary, but the wind was in our favor.  Of course the drive home in the heavy storm with it tied on the top of my VW Beetle was interesting.  Thankfully it had extra heavy duty sway bars and some really good tires and shocks.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Evenin' pards!

I love a good thunder storm too.  There's nothing more relaxing... unless you have a leak or a loose antenna flopping on the roof. ;D

We had for a few thunder claps last night, but mostly just rain.  Rain is also relaxing.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

The summer thunderstorms in Mizzu were spectular.
     It'd be a clear hot humid day an then all a sudden it'd get real dark an next ya know the streets were runnin like rivers and the sky was alive with lectricity.  Sometimes it'd even hail.  Then it'd be gone jus like that--back to a hot summer day.  Made grillin in the yard real interestin.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com