Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

well it's up to 28 here now with the sun shinning bright,  we got an inch or so of snow,  over toward Russellville they ended up with a little over a foot of the white stuff

Nothing like spring around here,  5 to 8 inches of rain around here yesterday morning,  2 to 12 inches of snow last night   :o ;D  the ones that got the most rain got the most snow seems like.

biggest snow I can ever remember came in March, back in 1968, snowed 17 inches, if it hadn't been for the farmers driving thier tractors running up and down the roads, we'd a been stuck for a while.. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Ozark Tracker

Ozark Tracker

Be careful when yer in the restroom :o

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall
>> saying:
>> 'Hi, how are you?'
>>
>> I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom. I don't
>> know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed, 'Doin'
>> just fine!'
>>
>> And the other person says:
>> 'So what are you up to?'
>>
>> What kind o f question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is
>> too bizarre so I say:
>> 'Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here.'
>>
>> At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I
>> hear another question:
>> 'Can I come over?'
>>
>> OK, this question is just too weird for me. I figured I could
>> politely end the conversation. I say:
>> 'No........I'm a little busy right now!'
>>
>> Then I hear the person say, nervously:
>> 'Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other
>> stall who keeps answering all my questions!!'

;D ;D

Leo Tanner

Pretty picture OT.
    About the only way I enjoy sn*w.  That's the one point me an Lily disagree on.  Due to her bad back she realizes the cold an wet is no good, so she's thinkin of drier climates in our future  :D  Got her to fall in love with AZ which suits me fine.  That Tahoe girl will always have a hankerin for the white stuff though.  I told her we could drive to it when we wanted and live outta it's reach the rest a the time.   ;D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Leo Tanner

OK OT
     Here's one on a similar topic but I gotta do it from memory...

A guy wakes up hung over with no memory of the night before.  He soon realizes he can't find his wallet  :-[  He calls his pard that he had been with the night before an tells him of his delimma.  His friend's memory is also hazed but he suggests that our hero just start callin all the local bars an askin if any wallets have turned up.  He asks if there is any thing he can remember about the last place they was in.  A memeory comes thru the blackout "place done had gold toilets!"
     The distraught man starts callin all the bars in the phone book an askin each one if they had gold toilets.  Finaly, he rings up a jazz club and asks the question.  He then hears the bartender put the phone down an shout, "Hey Rufus, I think I found the guy that peed in your saxaphone last night!"  :o

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico

I'm here, tired, gotsick atwork Sat with the stomach flu, done did my test yesterday, feel violated. :o  An internal hemmiroid is the bleeding promlem,they said not to worry unless it gets worse.  The removed a pylop also, waitin' for the test to come back on that.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Leo Tanner

Sorry to hear it Del.
     Sounds perty uncomfortable  :(  Hopefully all turns out well.  Nothin worse than waiting for test results.  Sure it'll be fine  ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Arcey

Them 'probin's' make everyone feel violated. Well, I guess there's certain people what.....  Never mind.......

Hang in there, Del. Ya gottah lot of folks standin' at yer shoulder. That 'roid needs surgery, trust me, don't believe the war stories ya might have heard. It ain't bad pain wise. Just inconvenient as hell for a week or so.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Arcey on March 04, 2008, 01:43:32 PM
Them 'probin's' make everyone feel violated. Well, I guess there's certain people what.....  Never mind.......

Thas a fact.
     When the appendix went the doc insisted on checkin me for a hernia.  He was very thorough.  I used the word "violated" maself when he asked me how I felt  >:( 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Stoney Pete on March 04, 2008, 05:48:55 AMYour dog really is you best friend.

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?
LOLOL  ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Tensleep

Got cleared by tha knee doc today, no zert tho  :(

Loadin' up for Raid n Andersonville. Me, Miz Annie an' Ellie head out tomorrow.

OT, sounds like Big Jake's is tha place we need to go.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Tensleep on March 04, 2008, 03:25:29 PM
Got cleared by tha knee doc today, no zert tho  :(

Sometimes those docs wouldn't catch a good idea if it flew in their mouth an stung em on the cheek.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: Tensleep on March 04, 2008, 03:25:29 PM

OT, sounds like Big Jake's is tha place we need to go.

yes sir, we'll have to eat there next time, is sure was good.  we just got done with the leftovers from last night,  it makes it hard to finish a steak up there with all the pinto beans and bread they give ya at first. ;D

Stoney Pete

I just returned from the Police dept with my new License to Carry.  I'm good for CCW for another 6 years. ;D

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Trinity

Evenin' pards!

Quote from: Scarlet Angel on March 04, 2008, 07:53:59 AM
Howdy from Texas y'all  ;D

Been riding the beach somewhere round Houston and then to Fredericksburg for a long day on horseback that was alot of fun. The weather for the 17 mile trek into Luchenback was really nice. The next day it turned so I with opted out since my horse was tired and one of my traveling companions horses really needed the break.

Yesterday we were supposed to ride but they had rain and 30+ winds. We packed up and came home. Today looks to be very nice here in Houston, I'm not sure what kind of trouble we are going to get into  ;D

Trinity we tried the place you suggested in Fredericksburg. Was very good. One of the girls and I split a dinner and carrot cake that was really good...then they brought the chocolate desert to the table, we proceeded to share that too  ::) Girls on the town what can I say  :D

Not sure when I'll be able to check in again. Y'all be good as ya can be. Hope everyone is doing well as I have not had time to catch up on the reading.

Wandering Angel

Glad you're have a good time!  Also happy to hear you had a nice meal.  As much as I love desert, I usually don't have the hunger to eat it after the meal.  It's usually pretty filling. Mmmmm!

Nice pic, OT.  I LOOVE SNOW!

Sorry to hear about it Del.  That's a real bummer to be sick and violated at the same time. :o

Glad you were cleared by the doc, Tenzzzzzzzzzz.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Roland Deschain

Leo Tanner

As you can see the pooch is growin an Lily jus keeps gettin pertier.  A little calm in the fray is good for all of us  :)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Marshal harpoluke

;D

Ah be Praying fer Yah Dell,

Ten ZZZZzzzzzzz... Its Good to Have Yah back.

;D got Mah new Gunsafe/Ammo safe installed in My Shed (Gun Cave) ;D

Gotta go load some Holy Black. ;D

8)
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Four-Eyed Buck

Cawfee's on ::)
yesterday was one of those days. Had a whole bunch of running to do between runs and then just when I got home from the second run, the durn power went out again >:( Was out from 5:05 P.M. until sometime between 2:45 and 5:10 this morning. that's almost 12 hours again! ::) :o >:( No word on why, the power robber baron's kept saying that it'd be on at so and so time and each time it came and went, no power. I was lucky that when Susie sent me to bed, I went ahead a turned the alarm on the clock on, just in case.
We sat with oil lamps on and fired up the kerosene heater all evening. Did have to open a few winders to get some air exchange after awhile because of fumes. The heater still kept the living area at 75 :o even with the winder open some. Still no water pressure( park's on wells, so we've got water pumps that run on you know what).
Currently 24, no snow, but boy howdy, did it rain last night. Some freezing, but roads stayed fairly safe. Still have flood warnings up. I'm hoping our supply line didn't freeze last night with no power. Have a heat tape on the line into the home, 'course it don't do ya no good without power. Lots a blinkin' lights, don't have time to reset, gotta get dressed to go get the kiddies. Hope they don't mind the two day growth this morning.............Buck 8) ::) :-[ :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

thanks fer the Coffee

Buck, sounds like some of that rain we got the other day, we lost power a little bit here but nothing like yer talking about, hope everything stayed thawed out when yer water comes back.  I hate them water freeze up's

We're down to 30 tis morning, supposed to be another sunny day and  a little over 50 for a high, 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com