Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four-Eyed Buck

Oblong holes ain't good, Del ::)
More powder! ;D..............................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

N'er had a problem with it when I was a kid. Got inta sumthin' when I was rebuildin' the fence in the back. Ended up at the doc's 'n some antibiotic ointment. Turnt my left bicep 'n armpit bright red. Burnt 'n itched like a mammy jammer.

Usin' the cordless drill fer a screw driver. Didn't pay no attention ta where I put it down, When I was usin' it 'n needed a free hand I'd stick it unner my left arm. Reckon whute'er it was got on it 'n I picked it up thru a sweaty tee shirt. The cordless never complained...

Ya do cast boolets cause it's a challenge. Wish I had a place ta play again.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on March 24, 2008, 02:54:16 PM
Oblong holes ain't good, Del ::)
More powder! ;D..............................Buck 8) ;)

Can't put no more in, they were slightly compressed, IMR4895 though, 'spossed to be about 1600 fps, Reloader 7 at about 1750 had a 2 1/2 inch group and the holes were almost round, gonna play with 1680 next, it's what I use for jacketed loads.  Durn gun loves a full case of powder, but then most do.  Unique wouldn't even stay on the paper when I tried it a while back.  I'm guessing from what little I can find from others is that 23-2400 fps will do it.  The big question is will my lino bullets expand on a squirrel at that velocity.  Guess will find out. :-X
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

I hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday and didn't eat too much food or candy.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Tensleep

Really cool here today so Miz Annie made a big pot of

Chicken Tortilla Soup

it's one of my big favorites.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

Brother Sleep are you going to bring Miss Ellie with you when you come to Edmond next Month?  I have a Dr's appt on the morning of the 18th, but I am plaaning on leaving for Edmond after that. It usually ntakes me about 3 -3.5 hrs to drive up there. fom DFW.

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 24, 2008, 06:18:30 PM
Buck, I'm sorry about that Bud, I'll send you some Tums.

If he ate too much and got sick it's his own fault, if you give him sympathy he'll not learn his lesson and he'll do it again next year. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Tensleep

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 24, 2008, 06:22:41 PM
Brother Sleep are you going to bring Miss Ellie with you when you come to Edmond next Month?  I have a Dr's appt on the morning of the 18th, but I am plaaning on leaving for Edmond after that. It usually ntakes me about 3 -3.5 hrs to drive up there. fom DFW.

TLD, Ellie travels with us most all the time.
Only reason you didn't see her in Plainview was that we were coming back from EOT where there are no dogs allowed.

She will be at Landrun.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Ozark Tracker

TLD,  Ellie's already called ahead, told Clea she was coming to visit  ;D  said she wanted to go fer a little run in the country
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Texas Lawdog

The Moose is a educator and will be working. Miss Victoria wiil be at home. Where are you guys going to stay up there?

Texas Lawdog

OT, I wish I had a picture of my Skipper.   Clea reminds me of Skipper alot.

Tensleep

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 24, 2008, 06:35:54 PM
The Moose is a educator and will be working. Miss Victoria wiil be at home. Where are you guys going to stay up there?

Comfort Inn, exit 137, I 35  ;D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Texas Lawdog

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 24, 2008, 06:53:41 PM
Del, I wasn't tryin to give sympathy just some Tums.

He wouldn't learn his lesson that way, I hid all the Tums in Ohio to teach him a lesson. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

Brother Sleep, I am looking forward to meeting Miss Ellie and I will bring pictures of Miss Victoria, just like any proud parent would do.

Trinity

I ate too many Dots yesterday.

It's a lesson I'll never learn either. :-\
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Del, I HATE gettin a bad group  >:(
    Went to the outdoor yesterday, called a clear an proceeded to set up water jugs at various distances. Loaded up the Marlin an was ready fer fun.  First shot went for one about 75 out an nuthin.  Tried a couple more an nuthin.  Got frustrated an turned my attention to one much further out and blew it off the hill first go.  Went back ta the one that were tormentin me an made water fly no problem.  Rest of the day went great with all the guns doin what I wanted em to but that first group stuck in my craw the rest of the day  ???  It's worse when I have no explanation or adjusments made to account fer the sperience.  Hell, the wife was watchin an I jus can't have that  :P

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com