Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

Due to kids in the house I have a safe - no need for seperate locks.

I more bought the safe to other kids in the house then my own.  I was taught how to obey the rules - I was sure I could do same with daughters and now my own son.  But you just never know when other people's kids get too curious.

Almost done at work

Hope ya'll have a good Easter weekend

Looking forward to seeing some of ya'll at Mattaponi two day!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Leo Tanner

It wasn't until I took the test for my handgun permit that I realized that the loop locks were to be used through the frame with the cylinder out and not behind the trigger.  It also states this in the Ruger owners manuel I downloaded online.  I've read some G&A articles that say this gives you time to clear your head before going into a combative situation.  I see the wisdom in this but also can imagine saying, "just a minute Mr. Intruder while I reassemble my weapon".  I keep my guns unloaded in my bedroom and have a 3 way pick proof deadbolt on the door.  Folks see it an wonder what I'm hiding in there, an I jus tell em "that's my safe"  ;D
    I don remove the action from my rifles either, but I dont keep ammo for them in the house, I use it up the day I buy it and wait til I'm goin shootin again to buy more.  I'll have to come up with a new system when I start reloading at home.  

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Tensleep

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 21, 2008, 11:15:10 AM
Brother, I  hope the PT is doing your knee some good.  When is the Shoot in OKC? I might come up there and watch.

Oklahoma Landrun is April 17-20 at the OKC gun club.

Directions http://www.okcgunclub.org/

The PT is helping, thanks TLD
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Arcey on March 21, 2008, 12:46:20 PMThe shop used ta have a box of the cable locks sittin' out fer free. They mustah give 'em to him cuz he don't do nothin' free. We had 'bout a dozen we put out fer free it the shoots. Think VB got tired of carryin' the things back home. I got several of various types layin' 'round, Ruger, Marlin 'n Glock supplied. Wish I could sell 'em.
They make good helmet locks for motorcycles. Maybe you could advertise them that way.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Leo Tanner

Will, the loop types also pass well through aerated break rotors.  They make it hard fer someone ta steal yer bike when the front wheel is locked up  ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Brother Sleep, I will try to make it up to Edmond  for the Land Run.  Just to watch.  I go to OKC on Extraditions almost every month. I hope to see you, Annie, and Miss Ellie.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

El Peludo

Howdy, all; hope the cawfee ain't too stout - mebbee I'll just make another pot.

Cumpnee came and went, gun show was OK - better than the last one I was at; not as much "Off Topic" stuff there this time.  I didn't have too musch trouble making it most of the way through; took my "walk stool', and a cane to ease the gimp, and made about a quarter mile sashay, then a ten minute sit down, then at it again.  There were some really nice Winchester pieces there; being a "collector" of the things, of sorts, t'would be nice to have more than a single nickel to rub together, I could add to my '94 gathering, or start a different vatiety of them.

Kind'a bunged meself up on Monday afternoon, and have been pretty inactive for the last few days; I think I need to go to PT, like TenZZZZZZZZZZ.  Was entertaining our "Baby Girl", 4 year old Bella, and stepped on a basketball, and went down like a side of beef; banged up knee, elbow, shoulder, and ribs; at least I didn't hit the hard part that probably wouldn't be hurt - my haid; man, I am sore; might have even busted or cracked a couple of ribs, as if they hadn't been done before.  >:( >:( >:(  O'well, this too shall pass.

Got's more cumpnee this weekend; son and family from SoCal; always glad to see them, always ready when they leave.  Gotta go; grocery shoppin' to do.

Later.

PS: The weather is ------    8) 8) 8) ;) ;D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Leo Tanner

Finished off the corn beef an cabbage fer lunch today...always good left over.
     Then it was time for DOGWASH!  Glad I was home to be a part of it today.   :D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Leo Tanner

Please 'scuse the crud on the tub caulking, guess it's time to redo it.  It's a claw foot with a shower conversion an don like to stay clean  ::)

Roland Deschain

Leo Tanner

May as well finish off the series--not bad since I originally took some 13 odd pictures of the event...these pooches are spoilt  ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Trinity

Howdy Pards, happy Friday!!!

Quote from: Pony Racer on March 21, 2008, 04:17:00 AM
Morning ya'll cawfee is up

Got egg, sausage onion green pepper breakfast burritos for everyone!!

Trinity I run the equivalent of 12-16 miles a week.

As long as I do that, I can eat almost whatever I want and lose/stay a steady weight.

Swimming is good too.

PR

Most people tend to forget the basic fact of consumption (food, money... it's all the same): as long as you expend more than you take in, you will lose weight.  There's no need for fancy diets or tools.

Now that you know I understand how it works, let me tell you about my exercise routine...  I run the equivalent of five feet a week. 8)

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 21, 2008, 07:22:07 AM

Winnebago County IT Dept left a msg yesterday asking if I was still interested in the position. I interviewed with them in January and received a rejection letter in February. I'll call 'em after 8 AM this morning to see what is going on.

Slim

Sounds like government efficiency at work. ;D

A hearty WELCOME to you, EEJ!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

Trinty, I  sorta like that government effeciency, It's kept me employed for almost 38 years and off on holidays like today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

The put the metal dectors at the Fed house after OK City.  Had to deliver some papers for SIL, walked in, seen them, told them I'd be back.  Went to the car and stashed the pocket knives and a couple BP 45-70 rounds that were rattlin' around.  Guy asked when I got back if I had forgot my pocket knives and took them back to the car.  Told him yep and some ammo since I was going shooting.  Didn't seem to bother him a bit.

Our courthouse got them after 911, had a problem with a young deputy one time, had to wand me, didn't like my metal buttons.  Well they didn't tell me they had them, might not of wore a bib shirt with the big brass ones.  Don't have no pants with out them.  He told me next time not to wear them, course I had to take my 18 inch boots off to be searched, plus my hat.  Meantioned it to a friend who is one of the high ranking deputies, he said to wear what I want, if they have to wand me, so be it, it's there job.  Course G is a cowboy shooter. ;)  Ain't had trouble since.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 21, 2008, 05:13:20 PM
Trinty, I  sorta like that government effeciency, It's kept me employed for almost 38 years and off on holidays like today.

Well, let's hope it gets Slim employed. :)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Arcey

Quote from: Leo Tanner on March 21, 2008, 04:26:57 PM
Finished off the corn beef an cabbage fer lunch today...always good left over.

Had it fer supper with what was left of the 'taters, carrots 'n a Bud Light, bottled,  I ain't quite finished. Won't be wantin' nuttin' else fer awhile. Jus sum entertainin' radio 'til it gets dark without preemption from march madness (lower case intended).

Helmet locks, huh?  Gonna hafta look inta that........

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, I watched a little practice from Nashville Speedway.  I will be glad when this March Madness business is over. I hope that I am not the only one that is not a basketball fan.

Leo Tanner

When I have a court date these days (been dealin with the ex about custody an such) I empty my pockets, strip off my belt an ditch the ciggarettes (the foil liner makes em beep) at home.  My Durango harness boots still make it go off so I walk in with the pant legs pulled up Huck Finn style an always get a pass as they see I know what's comin.  First time around I learned that they wouldn't hold my Old Timer pen knife for me so I hid it in the bushes outside (was on foot during a break at work) an luckily it was still there when I came out.
    After that lady took revenge on the man who was suspected of harming her boy while they were right there in court, I can see why they do this.  Hell, I can imagine similar things happenin in divorce court alone.  Too many hot heads these days.

TL, don't ferget yer lowercase when it comes to march sadness.  The game is based (so I hear) on an old Aztec sport in which the losing team became a sacrifice.  I imagine that's the only reason them folks were interested back then.  Have no idea what fills the seats these days  ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Arcey

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 21, 2008, 05:35:52 PM
Arcey, I watched a little practice from Nashville Speedway.  I will be glad when this March Madness business is over. I hope that I am not the only one that is not a basketball fan.

Been 'round a pile ah folks what was really interested in the 'student athletes what play for the love of the game' but can't speak English even though they're college seniors. Thing is they seem to get interested when the betting sheets come out and they lose it when they crap out.

Oh well. Just get it outtah the way so I ain't gottah put up with it. The premise is as fake as pro rasslin'.

Shrub second in practice. No pretense. In it for the fame and fortune. The rest of the field has a problem.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 21, 2008, 05:47:55 PM
They used the heads of their enemies as the ball.

So I'm guessin there weren't much dribblin goin on back then.  A strong passing game would've been a must.   ;D

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com