Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Trinity

Quote from: litl rooster on March 13, 2008, 07:59:27 PM
  Better Late than Never....Irish Tom, best wishes to you in a speedy return to the City and the range.  On Monday I'll down a 'tankard" in your honor

Don't wait until Monday.  St. Patricks day is officially moved to this Saturday this year because they didn't want to conflict with the catholic holy days leading up to an early Easter.  I hope you have the evenin' off to enjoy your corned beef.  Mmmmmmmmm!!!!

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=9917
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Day
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Speakin of Saint Patty's day-
     Lil and the kids jus found SEVEN four leaf clovers in one patch in the yard.  I attribute it to Angel makin special fertilizer out there  ;D  I guess it is kinda strange ta find them like that, but they need to come ta terms with havin an Irishman in the house  ;)

Trin, if ya say Saturday, who am I to doubt ya?  Better celebrate them both jus to make sure--what could it hurt?  :)  :D  ;D

Leo 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

Leo, you'll just have to make ya up some Menudo and have it on hand,  it'll cure what ails ya  :o :o

at least that's what I heard.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Texas Lawdog

Del, that is one wierd deal. Menudo will either kill ya or cure ya. I think that would just as soon keep the hangover.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ozark Tracker

TLD,  you need to try Jackie's Menudo,  good stuff, we have a pot every coupla months,  we just been talking about brewing up a pot this weekend  ;D

Texas Lawdog

OT, the only version that I have heard of is the Mexican version. Some of the ingredients don't sound good.  I'm sure Jackie"s version would be better.  I always put Tomato juice in my beer and I never have a hangover.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ozark Tracker

TLD,  No Jackie's is the straight Mexican version,  she learned it from a little Mexican lady in California,  beef Tripe, Hominy, pepper, chilli powders, and a couple of little extra spices,  served with chopped onions, tortillas and a squeeze of lemon. ;D

I never had it till she tried it on me once,  been a fan of it ever since.  I'm usually the one that requests it. :o

Ozark Tracker

oh and 2 ox tails when we can get em,  if we don't have those a couple of hocks will do ;D

Texas Lawdog

The Menudo is an experience I have not tried yet.  The ingredients sound weird, but I'm willing to try it. The tripe and the ox tails are only ones that sound strange to me.

El Peludo

Halloooo!  It's that night time nut dropping by; I drained the pot - good for a nightcap  ;D - and I'll put the fresh one on for the morning east coasters, before I turn in.

Glad to hear that LIT's surgery went OK, and he'll be in my thoughts, for sure and certain.  I've had my legs whacked on, and it aint no picnic; no joints replaced, though, just screws and steel plates to tie the wrecked bones back together - my own barometer, built in. ::) :-\ ;)

Menudo: YU_UUUmmmm!  Onliest problem is I ain't 'lowed to cook it; gotta settle for posole - almost the same, 'specially if the meat is the only change; I've made it with pig, cow, and yardbird, and the fambly seems to take it in stride.  But if I was to try using tripe, I'd likely get the kettle 'longside my haid, with the soup in it.  I like to eat it with crisp fried tortillas or chips, or even just good ol' crusty sourdough bread 'n butter, and some hot beans on the side.  Dang!! Now I gone and got myself hongree.

Leo and Miz Scarlet, can you folks just keep them storms up there, north of highway 50??  We just got some decent warm weather, 80 today, and now that thing thats piddlin' on you is sinking down this way, and s'posed to drop the temps to the mid fifties by Sunday, and bring the wind back, with it. :-\ >:(  O'course, I'll be complainin' when it hits 118 this summer, too; just cain't satisfy me, I guess.   ::) ::) ;D

Guess I've griped and bragged enuf; think I'll hit the hay.  Whoever comes in first, stick the pot on the fire and stoke it up; it'll be ready in a jiffy.

Nighty night, y'all.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Trinity on March 13, 2008, 08:14:56 PM
Don't wait until Monday.  St. Patricks day is officially moved to this Saturday this year because they didn't want to conflict with the catholic holy days leading up to an early Easter. 

The next conflict with Holy Week is not expected until 2160.
Well they better start making plans now to avoid any conflic for that one. :o

Cuz Tom, here's to a speedy recovery.

CAWFEE is up.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Pony Racer

Tom glad surgery went well

Rest up my friend - lots of smoke and fire, boom and stink this summer!!

Summer sausage, and home fries fresh off the griddle

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Trinity

Good mornin' folks.  SP, you didn't say it loud enough so that Arcey will hear...

Arcey,

COME AN' GET IT!!!!!!!!
I've got some practicin' to do tonight, so y'all be good! ;D

Thirst is a shameless disease so here's to a shameful cure.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee

thunder and lightning about all night,  about the time ya get to sleep good, here'd come another little round of boomers,  got a little hail along with it,  another chance of rain tonight.  supposed to be 70 for a high today,

gotta get the tractor out and clean out a few more ditches, all thiis rain sure shows up the plugged up spots.  water going everywhere. :o

litl rooster

Little Baileys for those who need some octane added to their Coffee this Am.....We'll break out the Jaminsons  for dinner....

Y'll have a good day

Begorrah
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, pards.

'Tis 36° and overcast. High of 41°.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Marshal Will Wingam

Mornin' pards. Thanks for the coffee, I need it today.

I just spent two days chasing a trojan horse around both my computer and my wife's computer. This is the one I though I had taken care of last week. I finally disabled the networking and unplugged from the internet. It still took all day yesterday to finally figure out how to eliminate the damn thing. I finished up late last night. I was ready to load up some virus penetrating bullets and go buy a Mac. I still may do that. My wife wouldn't let me go out on the balcony with my computer. Can't imagine why. ;D

I just got caught up a bit. Glad to hear Tom is doing OK. alright, I have to go check in over at The Leather Shop.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Oh, yeah, here's a picture off my balcony this morning. Looks like a fine day coming.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com