Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Trinity on March 12, 2008, 06:33:01 PM
You're all talk though... I'm the cat lover, but I'll bet would eat cat before you would. ;D
I'll admit my comment was tounge in cheek said purely for reaction.  And this is one of those moot conversations in which neither of us could legally prove his point, but you would lose that bet.  Meat is meat and I have 0 quams at trying anything.  I was raised on a farm and we ate our chickens, ducks, rabbits and I even tried the woodchuck that were eating our garden.  (I figured if he was eating the vegitables and I ate him, then I'd be eating my veggies. ;D )  I've been curious my entire life about trying everything and I would not hesitate.
Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 12, 2008, 08:05:15 PM
That's not good news.  :( I believe you're making a wise decision not doing it.

Slim
Yup.  Stretching the finances for needs is on thing.  Stretching them for greed is just dumb. ::)  (Yes I've been dumb alot.)

Thanks for the Coffee Cuz Tom.  I hope your hospital stay is brief and successful.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Tom.

Treat those nurses nice, Tom.  ;)

'Tis 30° and overcast. Got a few flakes overnight. High of 43°.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: Stoney Pete on March 13, 2008, 06:28:48 AM
I'll admit my comment was tounge in cheek said purely for reaction.  And this is one of those moot conversations in which neither of us could legally prove his point, but you would lose that bet.  Meat is meat and I have 0 quams at trying anything.  I was raised on a farm and we ate our chickens, ducks, rabbits and I even tried the woodchuck that were eating our garden.  (I figured if he was eating the vegitables and I ate him, then I'd be eating my veggies. ;D )  I've been curious my entire life about trying everything and I would not hesitate.Yup. 

:o :o
when I was young, I went coon hunting a couple of nights a week,  when we were lucky and got a coon or possum, we had an old Black fella that was happy to get free meat,  we took the skins to sell and would bag the rest.  we went over to give him some one day and he was cussing up a storm and had all his windows and doors open,  someone had slipped him a cat, he said it looked like a possum, but when he started cooking it, the smell run him outa the house and he was airing out the house.
from that day on, he asked us to leave at least one paw attached to the animal so he could make sure it wasn't a cat, we gladly left one on for him to identify what he had,
so,  I don't know about anybody eating any cat.  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Tensleep

mornin' folks...
sunny here but cool, hope it warms a bit, need to work in the shop today.

Prayers out for ya LIT.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Leo Tanner

Mornin All.

Cold an rain has returned, hope it don't last too long.

Thanks fer the coffee and grub!  Don't usualy get to enjoy with ya all.

Good luck Tom--ferget what Slim said an give them nurses heck!  ;D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Scarlet Angel

Mornin' Fellas,

Thanks for the coffee and viddles LIT. Good luck at the hospital.

Leo there was ice in the margaritas and ice is made from water, tea is also made with water, I think I drank enough water, but I switched to the plain stuff just in case  ;)

Have a great day!
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Four-Eyed Buck

Hope things go okay, LIT. We'll keep you on the list.
Sunny and 47 here. Did the windows on the SIL's car, got tired of the messy view. Had a decent run this morning for a change. Callin' for rain tomorrow..................Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Scarlet Angel on March 13, 2008, 09:54:38 AM

Leo there was ice in the margaritas and ice is made from water, tea is also made with water, I think I drank enough water, but I switched to the plain stuff just in case  ;)

Try Rocky Mountain spring water.  I hear good things about it.  :)

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey

Hey, y'all.

Heard from Mrs. LIT a bit ago. Tom is outtah surgery 'n seems ta be doin' well as kin be expected. Stuff ran a l'il late. Been a long day on 'em but so far so good.

If yer inclined, keep 'em in yer prayers.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

Arcey, good to hear LIT is doing good,  tell him, if you talk to him, our thoughts are with him.

got finished cleaning out the last house today,  ready for a shower if it comes  ;D
was able to really clean em out good this time, last cleanout it was below freezing and snowing :o  didn't get to spend as much time as I like to.  ;D

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

I am glad that the surgery went well for Tom.  I like to keep my visits to the Hospital to a minimum. I got an infection in one of my legs last year and spent a week in the hospital and a month at home. Neither one was any fun.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Leo Tanner

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

whale of a thunderstorm going on now,  real bright light show and plenty of sound,  it just kinda boiled up right here and has stayed for about 30 minutes,  looks like they got one down at Hot Springs too.

Trinity

Evenin' pards!

Glad everything went well, LIT!!!

Del, that was one WEIRD story.  :o :o ::)  Do you suppose that Whipple fellow is related to the Mr. Whipple of "Don't squeeze the Charmin" fame?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Four-Eyed Buck

Glad things went well for LIT. Now he just has to get through physical torture ::)
Earned my keep this afternoon on the run, the 15 year old went low on us. Being Bi-Polar, she's prone to panic/anxiety attacks. Using my SIL as a template( same type of problems), I was able to talk her through it and eventually get her back up to near level  :D Got a big smootch on the cheek for my efforts ;D As these things are cyclical, Pam and I have started keeping a calendar for her, marking high and low days. Tend to be in 6 day cycles according to info I've gleaned. At least we can try and be ready for what could be coming, barring changes due to meds.
My SIL is fairly even keel at the moment with the meds they've got her on...............Buck 8) :o :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Arcey on March 13, 2008, 02:45:03 PM
Heard from Mrs. LIT a bit ago. Tom is outtah surgery 'n seems ta be doin' well as kin be expected. Stuff ran a l'il late. Been a long day on 'em but so far so good.

If yer inclined, keep 'em in yer prayers.
I sure will, Arcey.

Just finished plow more slush outta the driveway. Down ta dirt in places so it looks like chocolate slushies.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Better Late than Never....Irish Tom, best wishes to you in a speedy return to the City and the range.  On Monday I'll down a 'tankard" in your honor
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com