Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Affernoon, y'all.

Nice easy rain on 'n off. Comfortable, 'bout sixty  Goin' by the NWS guessers the folks in Anderson look ta be in good shape so far. Hope what I'm seein' is correct 'n they have a good, dry shoot.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Ozark Tracker

well it got up to 40 today got rid of a little of the snow, but not too much, cold night tonight then supposed to start a warm up.  bout time  ;D

TLD, sounds like you had bout enough snow too.  they were showing some of the accidents down there.  looks like around here when we get ice or snow, everybody forgets anything they may have know earlier and drive like crazy.  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Leo Tanner

Mus be a busy Friday for all.
    Kinda a good thing, gave me a chance to 'splore some of the other boards an get caught up on some info pertainin to GUNS  ;D  The world of work was kind enough to ferget about me today an I got to lounge around cleanin pistols an rifles, readin about pistols an rifles, an takin a minute to browse around my favorite place that sells pistols an rifles after I went to the recyclin center.  I'd call it a good day!

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico

Hanging in here, lokkin' up on the wreck.  Andera has a sore neck, Tom has a bruised elbow, Lexie has a couple bruises, Lemol checked out fine, Rita took them to the Er.

Had the car bhind them got the plate #, don't match the vehicle.  Another wittness folled them, saw them run a stop sign with no lights and nail another car, couple damaged parked cars along the way.  The have the vehicle, they ain't sayin' yet if the have the driver.  Who ever has that plate # will have to explain why the plate was on the wrong vehicle.  Also in our state they don't have to prove who was driving, owners insurance is liable if they have it.  If not they pull their license and until the judgement is settle, no license, get caught with no license you go to jail.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Leo Tanner

Sounds like whoever was drivin stole it with the mismatched plates an all.  Sounds like someone needs to go to the pokey licence or not.
     It is great to hear that the family got away with minor injuries, though they probably don't seem so minor to them or you.  You almost jus have to take a breath, count yer blessings an hope the law is able to straighten things out.
     Again, glad to hear they're ok.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ozark Tracker

well I hope the kids can get some justice outa all the information they are getting.

Silver Creek Slim

Good ta hear they got the vehicle, Del.

Got home at 8:15. Was at the "toy store". Helped the owner with his computer. Brought the "Mighty Ten" home. ;D New firing pins made at Ahlman's Gun Shop in MN, which is Coyote Cap's brother. 

'Tis zero. Weather.com says the low will be -10°. Local radio says -15°. I'z ready fer spring.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. Well, I was busy playing computer wizard again today. My computer has been running faster recently, but I still got glitches now and then. My Norton Internet Security runs out in about 2 weeks. My Ad-aware has been questionable and tech support for it is nil. I got looking around and one of the techs at my ISP suggested I check out AVG. I downloaded a trial version of it so I'd have 30 days to decide if it did anything. Then this morning, I uninstalled NIS, defragged the drive and installed AVG Internet Security. About 12:00 I got it going and it started doing a scan. I let it proceed which took some 3+ hours. The result was that it found 1 adware, 892 tracking cookies, 4 viruses (LOL, they were piggybacked in the Norton files) and a Trojan horse. Now i'm wondering what I was paying for with Norton. That crap won't be going back on and if AVG doesn't have any issues, I'll pay for the registration for it and keep it on my machine. Oh, my machine runs faster, now. Much like it used to when it was new. time will tell because I haven't had much time to check things out. I'm going to run a few things that take time to do just for comparison.

Hey, Del, good that they found the car. That's one step toward getting the moron(s) who did the deed.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Lucky Irish Tom

Will, Norton is known for being a memory and system hog, removing it probably sped things up plus whatever else you have done.  I have heard good things about AVG.  I have Trend Micro, it rates pretty high and has done well for me over the last 4 years.

Del glad to hear they have information on the other vehicle, and glad it just seems to be bumps, bruises and sore muscles.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Leo Tanner

Norton drags the whole machine down like Tom said.  I've had AVG reccomended but have found windows defender (free) to do jus fine in conjunction with spybot (also free).  I still get a "your computer may be at risk" balloon at start up, but nuthin bad's ever happened and the thing runs perty slick so long as I perform routine maintenance. 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck

Guess I'll put the coffee on. No guarantee's it'll taste as good as 10Z's ;D
Woke up at 4 and couldn't roll back over. We have blizzard warnings up, had a heavy snow come through over night. Had been in a lull when we went to bed. Drive has been shoveled twice, once by me and once by Susie. If things get hairy later, power may be gone again. We're set sort of, got kero in the heater and both tubs full of water so's we can flush this time. ;D ::) Have about 8 inches on the ground now, with a temp of 19.......................Buck ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee, Buck

25 here this morning, supposed to be mid 40's for a high today,  sitting here watching the weather channel, Buck, looks like your in for a big ride today,  keep them hatches battened down.

Four-Eyed Buck

I'll try, OT. ::) Have thunder and lightning right now, it's doing something out there that sounds like freezing rain on our deck door. too dark yet to be sure. Have about 7 inches of snow on the ground so far. Guesser's are saying we could have 12" + by the time this thing's gone...............Buck 8) ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

that freezing rain is what we hate to see the worst, puts a lot of weight on the turkey houses roofs, they did have one chicken house go down in this last snow, where it was at, had about a foot of snow, just too much weight on them open spans.  we have snow poles to put up in the houses, down the middle help support the weight of the roof and snow or ice.  some of the houses have wood trusses and some have steel,  we have the steel but still have to watch the amount that collects.  Makes a world of difference if you have birds in the house, they put out enough heat to get the ice melting

Pappy Morgan

??? March????? Feels more like January here this morning. Yesterday it was -8 degrees at 6:30 AM. Today it's 5 above zero. That sound like a March spring day to anyone here????? My Pards and I are planning to go to a shoot down at Nevada, Iowa on the 22nd of this month. I sure hope it warms up a bit by then. We are going to a gun show at Wells, MN this morning that should take the chill out of the bones. Looking at all those guns usually hellps the itchy trigger finger.
I see that some of you pards in AR, are getting a taste of winter this weekend. Not to rub it in, but it sure is good to see you guys shiver a bit too!!!!!!
Later gang,
Pappy
SHOW THOSE RUDE PEOPLE THE DOOR, MAX!!!!!!

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Will, good to hear it's running better. I don't like paying money for software. I use AVG for anti-virus and Spybot for spyware.

Welcome Pappy Morgan. If ya see Frog at Nevada, give him a "Howdy" fer me.

'Tis -13° and sunny. High of 20°.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Thanks for the Coffee Buck, good luck with the weather.    It's been raining here since around 1400 yesterday, muddy now. We needed the moisture last summer was awful dry
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Hey, y'all.

Hope y'all with the winter weather get thru it ok.

Windy 'n wet here with about a half dozen watch, warnin's 'n advisories stuck on the guess report.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

Thanks for the coffee Buck.

Just had another wave of the wet stuff move through.  Supposed to be like this till at least noon.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Arcey

Had one of 'em blow thru about an hour ago the sounded evil.

Atlanta – cold 'n wet. It'll be runnin' late if at all.

Anderson, SC – reports 41 'n light rain. Damn..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com