Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started

Started by Dakota Dan from OZ, February 29, 2008, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

I've had a couple of people from down in the valley say they have seen a snake already,  I'd just as soon not rush it, month or 2 would be fine :o
I'm sure them little velvet tail rattlers are getting ready to make their apperance for too long.  I'm just gonna stay outa the woods after that till next fall  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Leo Tanner

Rooster,
     Had it not been fer yer link to the snake story, I'da never seen this. 

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0308/506664.html

I knew things were gettin goofy, but  ???

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico

Always have a lot of cups with coffee stains in them, nobody drinks it at home but me so it's my fault.  I'm downstairs, carry a cup up, come down to check laundry, take the dog out or other things and forget it.  See the pot, think of it and grab another cup cause I don't want to make an extra trip up and down.  Days like today where I don't have to be to work till 5, I sometimes end up with a half dozen. ;D  Got a carafe thing I could take up, don't work, coffee is upstairs and need a cup downstairs.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on March 28, 2008, 07:55:05 AM
Y'll shooting the 2 day at Mattaponi have a good time and be safe.  Regrets we won't be able to make it.
Sorry ya ain't gonna make it.  Gonna have a good smokey time!

See ya next Sunday at Cavalier?
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on March 28, 2008, 07:30:18 PM
Sorry ya ain't gonna make it.  Gonna have a good smokey time!

See ya next Sunday at Cavalier?

Yes you will
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Freakin' whacko environmentalists decided nature wasn't 'correct' without canebrakes in a city park along the Northwest River. Had the political ass to do what they wanted so they got 'em a bunch 'n turned 'em loose.

Damned fools. Why in the flyin' f*** do ya think folks went ta the trouble ta eradicate the dangerous things to start with?!?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Scarlet Angel

Quote from: Arcey on March 28, 2008, 08:22:01 PM
Freakin’ whacko environmentalists decided nature wasn’t ‘correct’ without canebrakes in a city park along the Northwest River. Had the political ass to do what they wanted so they got ‘em a bunch ‘n turned ‘em loose.

Oh no they didn't!!! What the you know what is the world coming too when we got folks being molested by big foot, fools releasing slimy things that bite, and when you think that is enough we got http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080328/ts_alt_afp/usairlinesecurityoffbeat_080328140405

::)

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Ozark Tracker

:o :o :o

from the sound of the report, it's probably still a touchy subject with her.  ;D

pliers is good for some things, but I don't know bout that.  ;D

Jackie just got done pulling some Oatmeal cookies with pecans,  outa the oven, they sure are good,   ;D ;D

Arcey

Doan know 'bout the last line, Angel. Same city so scared of the things they wantin' dancers ta go back ta pasties. Then they have 'nother moral dilemma. The signs on Bad Ass Coffee shops. Google the image.

Truck Nutz bothered 'em in the general assembly.

Ahhhhh.... We got road problems here. WAKE UP 'N GET ON IT!   
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Sorry were y'all saying something?   I was busy appling for a job over TSA ;D :o ;D
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

Wakey wakey   Coffee is up

Got fresh Hot buttermilk biscuits and some sliced country ham and eggs and some fresh made sausage and gravy and plenty of tobassco in the bottle on the chuck box........git her while you can

Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Thanks fer the cawfee & grub.  Oh man, that sure is tasty.  Now to start loading the car for the 2+ hr drive to the shoot.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Tensleep

Thanks for tha Cawfee an' grub LR...

Truck is loaded, see y'all at West Point!

OFF TO CHUTE!!  ;D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Texas Lawdog

LR,  Thanks for the grub.   Mighty tasty indeed.  I'm so full, I couldn't eat another bite.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ozark Tracker

Thanks fer the Coffee

all that grub, everybodys gonna want to go back to bed  ;D

everybody have a fun and safe time a shooting today.

we got rain this morning and plenty of thunder, not supposed to be an all day thing, just on and off

Lucky Irish Tom

Thanks for tha coffee!

All Y'all going to shoot have a great day.

Feelin a little better this AM, might just go load me some ammo!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Litl Rooster.

Only venomous snakes in WI are Timber Rattlers.

;D ;D ;D

They're not 'round here though.
"This species occurs from southern New Hampshire and southern Ontario to northern Georgia, and west to southeastern Minnesota through northeastern Texas. In Wisconsin, timber rattlers are found in the southwestern corner of the state, and north along the Mississippi River corridor into Pierce County."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

that one looks like ours,  Slim, your missing some good eating

Timber Rattlesnake

Description
This large-bodied venomous snake is distinguished by a rather plain, tan or brown head; dark, bold crossbands; a rust-colored stripe down the backbone; a black, "velvety" tail; and, of course, a large rattle.
The background coloration may vary from a dark slate-gray, to a silverish gray, to tan, to brown. Even individuals within the same population may look strikingly different from one another in this regard.

As with all of the pit vipers that occur in Arkansas, the Timber Rattlesnake has a boxy-shaped head, heat-sensing pits, and vertical pupils.

The young of a Timber Rattlesnake may look in many ways similar to a Pigmy Rattlesnake. However, the Pigmy Rattlesnake has a strongly patterned head and relatively smaller rattle in comparison to body size.

This species is also known as the Canebrake Rattlesnake or Velvet-Tail Rattler.

Texas Lawdog

OT,  We had alot of thunder lasy night, no rain yet.  There is still only one kind of snake and that's DEAD.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com