Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football

Started by Arcey, February 27, 2008, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

T'was a mess. Racin' at Richmond is all. Enjoyed the heck out of it.

Can't take it away from Harvick. He ain't got many left in him. Shame for Montoya. The boy can't buy a break.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

yeti76620

Richmond....great time...this time it was Kurt Busch as the heel.....Smoke just cracks me up.... :D  :D  :D

JR makes it to the top 10 with the 48 & 24 right behind...That's good stuff too....  ;)  ;)

"Daga next...gunna be great.... 8)
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

"Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass." ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Arcey

Jets cut Tebow. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere that'll play him.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

I think the Panthers were interested when the Jets got him but I  could be wrong.  There's another guy what can't catch a break.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey

Ain't lookin' real good for y'all on the basketball front, Leo. Sorry, dude. That mayor's as willin' ta sell y'all out ta keep it as ours was to tax us down the toilet ta get it.

Leo Tanner

Won't know fer two weeks.  They broke inta my Jepordy ta announce a bunch a guys that don't matter made a uninamous decision.  They's gonna drag it out somemore.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico

Found a couple pictures you all over here might like:

And it might not be a good idea to trust the man with the star with your car:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

That top photo was taken at Daytona or Talladega.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

Passenger's door tied shut on the 31. Looks like it worked pretty good despite the hinges tryin' ta let go. Miracle more of 'em didn't get killed back then.

Delmonico

Quote from: Arcey on May 01, 2013, 06:24:33 AM
Passenger's door tied shut on the 31. Looks like it worked pretty good despite the hinges tryin' ta let go. Miracle more of 'em didn't get killed back then.

An old guy once told me the very short crowed tracks and the fact those stock flatties really wern't that fast kinda saved a lot of their arses because the speeds were not realy that fast.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

We had a lot of fun on Sat. night at the old Amarillo Speedbowl, a quarter-mile dirt track. STOCK CARS  and Super Modifiers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

There were Late Models 'n Modified here. Before NASCAR took over everything. The rules were more or less local 'n the two don't relate much to the same thing today.

Remember a l'il bit of Chinese Corner. Where it was is just a couple miles from me on the way to the Toyota store. Sat at Virginia Beach Blvd. 'n Witchduck Rd. School system owns the property now. They got a reform school sorta thing on it. 

Grew up almost smack in the middle of Norfolk 'n when they'd lug me along it seemed soooooooooooooooooooooooo far out in the middle of nowhere. Were no Virginia Beach as a sovereign city, it was Princess Anne County. VBBlvd. was two lanes, paved. Eight now with a median. I avoid it whenever I can.

Major 2

Quote from: Delmonico on April 30, 2013, 09:56:27 PM
Found a couple pictures you all over here might like:

And it might not be a good idea to trust the man with the star with your car:

That would be DAYTONA USA, here are couple more
when planets align...do the deal !

Major E A Sterner

My Mother had a 64 Baracuda with that huge rear window.Wish I had it now.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Arcey

Petty's reminded me of this one. The Dodge part of the Chrysler 'boycott.'

Kinda surprised it was in images but there she was.

Texas Lawdog

A good picture of David Pearson and Cotton Owens. A young boy was killed at a drag strip, when Richard lost control of the antacids.

Four-Eyed Buck

Those big windows are extremely rare now, Major. Not to mention expensive if you do find one ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Delmonico

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on May 03, 2013, 06:29:44 AM
Those big windows are extremely rare now, Major. Not to mention expensive if you do find one ::) :o

They are worth a whole lot more if the back window is in good shape. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey

I don't remember the last time I saw a fastback Valiant, greenhouse or no greenhouse.

Thinkin' back I can't remember if we had one in the club, don't think we did. Someone had a very nice Lancer always lookin' like it had just been prepped for customer delivery by Royal's Tidewater Dodge in May of '65 'n that was about as close as it got.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com