Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football

Started by Arcey, February 27, 2008, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Awwwwwwwwww, c'mon, Buck. Ya know I have the best interests of the team from down there at heart.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, If you feel that way, I'll give you Romo for Cousins, straight up even.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, I've been watching this preseason thunder on Espn. The #20 and the #11 are the class of the field. I think that Kenseth will make that team better this year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, This test session at Daytona is whetting my appitite for NASCAR 2013. It's making the 500 seem closer. I enjoy seeing the new drivers and the new car numbers. It seems strange to see Kenseth driving the 20 and seeing the 2 and 22 as Fords, not Dodges.

Arcey

Let's talk the trade when the Sacramento basketball team comes ta duh beach, Tex..

Gonna try'n take a look at some testin' this afternoon. The static shots of the cars look kinda decent ta me. Ain't much of a Fiat type but the shots of the Chargers 'n the thought of 'em sittin' out's damned sad.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

Brownies hired a new coach, Rod Chudzinsky(SP?). New O coordinator, D coordinator stays the same I believe. First time head again. They just can't get anybody high powered ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

Arcey, there is a chance the Kings will take their ball and go home...ta Seattle.  Guy up there out bid the beach but the magoofs are bein shady about it as usual.   
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey

What we're hearin' is Seattle wants to buy the franchise. This side's declared the deal dead. The esteemed mayor has lied about it twice 'n now he's wantin' to build the arena ennyways.

Texas Lawdog

I sorta hate to see football season end. The long, boring basketball season begins and it never seems to end. I am ready to Daytona to get here.

Leo Tanner

I don't like basket ball an I jus' want em ta go away but not ta curse VA with a bunch a kids in baggy shirts clutterin the streets.  Magoofs er waitin ta see how high the biddin gets cause their agenda is ta git nuff money ta build a Trump style tower in downtown Sac that nobody wants. 

Cherishin the last NFL playoff games comin up.  I'll be outta town fer the super bowl.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck

Not keen on Pro basketball either, Leo ::)

Arcey, it's be kinda hard to get lucky at the Starbucks here. Lot is out front,and, there's a LOT of traffic ::) :o :D

Four-Eyed Buck

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, I just heard on the computer that they had a big wreck at the test session at Daytona and tooki out a bunch of the test cars. Mosrt of the teams only brought one car, so I guess that a lot of the teams are done.

Arcey

Heck, Buck. Sports is sports.................

Don't care for basketball either. Ya get ten guys in their underwear. One guy dunks it the other team gets it 'n they dunk it the other guys get it 'n they dunk it again. It's like tennis with squeaky shoes. I could care less for it if these "leaders" we're stuck with confiscate money from me to pay for it.

Had some stuff ta do outside after errands. When I got back they were talkin' to Logano but I missed that'n. From what I caught he 'n Smith got tagether.

Saw the hendrick R&D driver run over Ambrose 'n end up takin' out the 5 'n 24. Too bad. Hated ta see that.

Texas Lawdog

They ended up with about 10 new cars tore up. It happened real quick, Junebug was pushing Ambrose, abd Ambrose got loose and turned into other folks.

Arcey

Doin' my after dinner readin' - SI. Logano 'n Smith were in the same one, the twelve car mess. I couldn't sit 'n watch that much. Musta been a replay of the interview I saw. I stand corrected.

Decent article but kinda long so I cut some. The credit 'n link to the whole thing's on the bottom.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- New cars, same results at Daytona International Speedway.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. started a 12-car accident at Daytona on Friday that essentially shut down a three-day test session designed to hone NASCAR's redesigned cars. Stock-car racing's most popular driver was trying to bump draft with Marcos Ambrose on the back straightaway when he lifted Ambrose "like a forklift" and turned him into the wall. Ambrose's Ford bounced back across the track and triggered a pileup that collected a host of others.

"It was a big mess and tore up a lot of cars down here trying to work on their stuff," Earnhardt said. "Definitely the drafting is not like it used to be. You can't really tandem certain cars; certain cars don't match up well."

Two of Earnhardt's Hendrick Motorsports teammates, Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne, also were involved. So were defending Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski, new teammate Joey Logano, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, Jamie McMurray, Martin Truex Jr., Aric Almirola and Regan Smith.

The new cars have considerably less downforce than their predecessors and perform differently on the track. The previous models had identical designs that made it easier for bump drafting because the front and rear bumpers lined up squarely.

But with redesigned parts in low supply as vendors try to keep up with demands, many teams came to Daytona without backup cars. Drivers took a cautious approach to the test, trying to gain information about speed and handling while hoping to avoid the kind of huge wrecks typically associated with racing in tight-knit packs at nearly 200 mph.

NASCAR asked teams to simulate race conditions Friday by forming the large drafting packs, and there were 18 cars on the track when Earnhardt triggered the big one.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/racing/news/20130111/daytona-testing.ap/#ixzz2Hj2kGKxs

Leo Tanner

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Nascar is trying to make the race cars look more like what is on the showroom floor. The bumpers don't match up very good and the "bump draft' will be a thing of the past.

Arcey

It was broke in a business sense. Things have to change, there's money to be made thru planned obsolescence.

I'm tickled with the looks of this 'Gen-6' thing but many of us would like to see what Edwards suggested durin' the wing vs. spoiler debates - put stock bodies on 'em without the aero stuff. Change the body styles when the manufacturer changes 'em. If ya can't put it in a corner as fast as it'll go put it in the corner as fast as you have the talent 'n 'nads to push it. No matter what NASCAR does people are gonna whine about it anyway.

Therein lays the rub. With each souvenir sold NASCAR gets a cut. With stock profile cars the lack of talent of two of the most profitable salespersons would be magnified 'n that could have a negative impact on sales.

When the cars are 'fixed' the body styles change. It's become predictable. All new designs hit the track. And, the most important part – brand new die casts, ball caps, tee shirts, items ad nauseam are in the trailers, stores 'n online. Stuff made in china the self styled ''Merican good ole boys' waste all kindsa money on to support their guy.

yeti76620

Hey Arcey....Arcey.... Arcey...Oh Arcey..... ahhh Arcey...LOL.... :D
::)

35 Days 'til Bud Shootout....40 Days 'til Duels....43 Days 'til DAYTONA 500!.... ;D
Been colder then a witch's teat all night {zero degrees F or close to it} and the goofballs Tailgate'n ALL NIGHT LONG@ Mile High... :-\  :-\  :-\

11 degrees here at the bunker.....Don't think Donkcos will cover the spread.... Take'n the 9 pts w/ Chickens... 8)

Look'n for some Limberg to be served to San Freeeeekooooo...Green Bay & 3 oh yah baby...  ;)  ;)

;D
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

"Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass." ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com