Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1303029 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1260 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
Well, After watching the Cowboys play the Chiefs for a while, I think my prediction of 8 and 8 might be too optimisic.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1261 on: October 13, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
Lookin’ at the rest of the schedule I’m thinkin’ 5 ‘n 11 – with luck. That’s with Zorn demoted to water boy, Campbell benched ‘n the offensive line armed with Uzis.

Speakin’ of money, Rush Limbaugh re-upped with Clear Channel. $400,000,000.00 thru 2016. He’s tryin’ ta buy a hunk of the Rams. The estimated value of the team is almost a billion, with a B, dollars.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1262 on: October 14, 2009, 01:03:18 PM »
That sounds like a lot of money for a team that ain't doing too well this season. Ol' Rush has a lot of enemies that might not want to own the team and the black players might not want to play for him.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1263 on: Today at 09:53:58 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »
Geezzzzz……….

Michael Waltrip involved in accident, is OK: #55-Michael Waltrip crashed into a motorcycle Wednesday night while trying to make a U-Turn and was given a field sobriety test by a Mooresville police officer, a report states. Waltrip was attempting a U-turn on Perth Road around 7:49 p.m. when his Lexus collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle. The motorcyclist was transported to Lake Norman Regional Center. According to the police report, Waltrip was suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, but passed a field sobriety test at the scene. Waltrip was given a Breathalyzer and blew a .06, under the North Carolina legal limit of .08, the report states. Waltrip was cited for failure to yield. He was not injured in the accident. The Sprint Cup driver and team owner was involved in an accident in [April] 2007. The North Carolina Highway Patrol charged him with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident. Those charges were later dismissed.(WCNC)(10-22-2009)
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1264 on: October 22, 2009, 06:56:19 PM »
That don't sound good for Mikey.   Hello! Civil suit from the cycle rider!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1265 on: October 22, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »
They got a thing here called a "wet and reckless" in which ya can be balow .08 and still get nabbed if you were drivin stupid.  They get a fine an a class ta go to an if they get stopped again with alkyhol in their system it counts as a second duece.  The .08 is still on the books but it's perty much zero tolerance now when ya get down to it.  It's fair enough, we've had way too many accidents on these two lane mountain roads.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1266 on: October 23, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
Unless that you are my size, .08 ain't much alcohol to be consumed. Driving and Drinking ain't worth.  There have been several LEO's fired from their jobs after receiving DUI's around here.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: October 23, 2009, 02:28:51 PM »
When I was a pup the presumptive level was 0.15%. Had career drunks that could pass a FST at that level. Had military kids what ain’t had a beer in six months fallin’ down drunk blow a .05%.

The ancient S&W equipment we used registered up to .40%. Had two where I had ta reset it to .00 ‘n start again. One was a long time cab driver. Those had ta be taken to the horsepistol ‘n watched ‘til their BAC dropped.

In Breathalyzer school they had us partner up with someone for transportation. One day one would drink the next the other. Ya used the drunks for test dummies. I made it ta .11% if I remember right ‘n I was wasted. Back then I drank a lot of beer too. Much more than taday. Think I was thirty then, fresh outtah K-9 ‘n in great shape.

If ya’ve had a couple ‘n ya need ta go somewhere on an emergency, call a cab.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1268 on: October 23, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
Arcey, It looks like Zorn is a "lame duck" coach for the rest of the season.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1269 on: October 23, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
Couple of notes here. Last night( actually early morning) cornerback Eric Wright of the Browns was involved in an auto accident after attending a Jay-Z concert last night in Cleveland. probably going too fast for conditions. His Mercedes aqua-planed and he rolled it. Car's totalled, he's sore and was sitting on sidelines today at practice on an exercise bike. Shades of KW II?

In Nascar, Ford is supposed to debut a new engine at Talledega. Maybe a beefed up version of that ECO-Boost they came out with for the tauruses?............... ::) ???
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1270 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:40 PM »
It's a shame that Ford can't build decent cylinder heads for the Nascar engines.  Cylinder heads make horsepower and Ford ain't cuttin' it.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1271 on: October 24, 2009, 11:15:01 AM »
‘Cordin’ ta Steve Largent, claims ta talk ta Zorn daily, Snyder asked Zorn to resign Sunday. But there was a l’il matter of seven million dollars he would have left on the table if he did. The way I’m readin’ it the ‘Skins, for all intents ‘n purposes, don’t have a HC anymore. Zorn is just along for the ride.

Ain’t seen much on the FR9. Hearin’ they’re gonna start a couple of ‘em at Talladega.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1272 on: October 24, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
RPM may switch one of the teams to a Ford before the season is over, that soun ds like for R&D purposes.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1273 on: October 27, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »
This is perty dern silly but it got me ta laughin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEAo-nzBgY&feature=rec-HM-rn
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: October 27, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
Gillett is goin’ ta Ford next season regardless if he merges with Yates or not.

Credible sources say they haven’t had any financial or tech support from Fiat for the 43 or 44 all season. Sadler is runnin’ a Ford this weekend because the 19 has been cut from Fiat’s roll too. The others will be Dodges (left overs) until Gillett runs out of their inventory of motors. Most of the bodies are in the process of bein’ converted to Fords.

That’ll leave Penske the lone Fiat team with only one decent driver. Without team help with R&D, he won’t have much to offer ‘n that’s a shame. Rumor is as soon as the money stops Penske goes to Toyota. He doesn’t need Fiat’s tech support. He IS their tech support

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: October 27, 2009, 09:47:48 PM »
I heard that Penske was trying to buy Saturn from GM.  Maybe he will put Saturn bodies on them Dodge chassis.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1276 on: October 28, 2009, 09:06:20 AM »
Penske decided to not to buy Saturn.

Broke my heart to hear. Jobs lost. PAG’s initial plan was to keep the dealers at full staff until they saw what they had.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1277 on: October 28, 2009, 10:08:46 AM »
I hate to hear that. I don't know much about them, but they seem like quality automoblies. I would like to see Penske go to the Toyos and see how they would stack up against JGR. I read where they took Addington off the 18 car. I don't think he is the problem.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1278 on: October 29, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
Arcey, I saw where the Dinger got popped on a DUI.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1279 on: October 31, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »
This is how NASCAR looks the other way when Hendrick cars win.

Look at the pic. That’s the right front end of Hamlin’s car. It’s what Jerry Punch reported to be ‘torn away’. Does it look ‘torn away’?

And, Long is Long. ‘Rigid inspections keep NASCAR drivers honest’. The drivers have little or nothing to do with the cars being in or out of spec. Someone else builds ‘em. The drivers drive ‘em. 

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/10/rigid-inspections-keep-nascar-drivers-honest

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com