Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football

Started by Arcey, February 27, 2008, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

Leo, You forget that I spent almost 15 years as a patrol cop. I've investigated several suicides, and not just by gunshots.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

Yer up late.
  I wasn't talkin bout suicide but parents burying their kids. 
I can only imagine some of the things you had to see.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

I didn't watch the NNS race last night at Darlington. I checked Nascar.com this morning and found out the Bif won. Leffler finished 2nd and cuzzin Carl finished 3rd.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Actually, Kenseth won. Biffle wasn't in the race.

Busch had 'em covered, again, but cut a tire late. Led the most laps.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I just saw the picture of the 16 car and thought it was the Bif. Kyle is always a factor in the race, no matter what Series it is.

Leo Tanner

Gonna take a second and give a nod ta James Harrison.  Don't care what his reasons were but he told BO ta stuff his invitation ta the White House.  How many folks get the opportunity ta slap that SOB in the face.  I wouldn't go either an if the media chose ta rake me over the coals after a 100 innerception return they could kiss off too.

Hey, who left this soap box sittin in here.  I'll jus' go put it away now.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Leo, He didn't go to the White House when George W was President either.

Leo Tanner

I saw that, but I see this time around as a little bit different.  Same basic reason, but he's showin he's a man that sticks ta his values no matter who the other feller is. 

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

He played College ball at Kent St., the same school that Jack Lambert played .

Arcey

What happens when ya race on a poorly designed track in a third world country.

Rest in peace, Pardo. My prayers for comfort for the family and friends.

Be warned. This ain't pretty.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

That was frikken horrid.  It takes a lot ta make me cringe, but that did it. 
God bless his family. 
Who designed that mousetrap?

Roland Deschain

Arcey

The track is near Mexico City. Suspect someone down there put it tagether.

NASCAR had ta have stuff done ta the road course thing in Mexico to eliminate some safety hazards. They don't run there namore. The locals couldn't run with the pros 'n the payin' customers quit showin' up.

Texas Lawdog

When did it happen?  The Nationwide Series ran some races down there but quit. The Cup series never ran there. I'm sure those are for the most part old hand-me-down cars purchased from US teams.

Arcey

Think it was Sunday, Tex.

Reckon the cars could be cast offs. What was left of the cage didn't look ta be up ta specs but as bad as it was torn up it's hard ta make that call.

They ran the road course for four races when it was Busch. IMS, Truex won the first, Hamlin the second, Montoya the third 'n Kyle Busch the last.

BTW, Johnny Benson was hurt right bad Saturday night drivin' a super modified. Busted ribs, punctured lung 'n minor burns. Fair condition.

Texas Lawdog

You're right about the steel in that roll cage. It looks a little thin. I remember that Busch race that Mikey Waltrip was in at Bristol when he was still driving for Bahari. What's left of that car is in the Museum at Talledega. I hadn't heard that about Benson. That's prolly put him out of the Trucks for a while.

Arcey

Benson lost the truck ride. No sponsor 'n Red Horse folded the 1 team. RUMOR is they had Remington all lined up but Speed TV said they wouldn't put a camera on it because of the gun angle. Don't unnerstan it. They don't have a problem with GunBroker.com.

He was supposed to drive the 51 this weekend spellin' Busch. Busch is gonna be kindah busy flyin' twix Sonoma 'n Milwaukie.

Texas Lawdog

Kyle was busy last weekend too. I haven't been following the races much lately.

Arcey

Kindah saw this comin'. With the 'big three' pullin' financial support for the trucks 'n Nationwide cars Toyota is followin'. Really no need in pumpin' money inta sumthin' when yer opponents ain't. Even choked down more'n the others they're still competitive.

Cup side. Childress is suin' Gooberment Motors for a missed two 'n a half million buck quarterly payment. Wunner if Hendrick is gettin' his. Fiat ain't payin' Petty. Rumor is they're still payin' Penske. Petty'll be puttin' Kahne inna Toyota 'fore the season's over leavin' the team's other three Dodges for now. Look fer Sadler 'n Sorenson ta be unemployed come '10.

Addin' ta the fun, Truex leavin' fer Mikey's #55 ride is gonna leave Montoya all alone at 'Chip 'n Dale'. Ganassi has strong ties with Lexus. A Lexus is a fancy Toyota like Cadillac is ta Chevrolet. Target is committed as a sponsor. The only thing keepin' Gibbs from a fourth car is sponsorship. Maybe 'nother merger?

Red Bull feels like they're gettin' the short end of the stick from Toyota 'n threatenin' ta switch ta Chevrolet. They've gottah attitude 'n lack of talent problem with Speed. Prolly kickin' themselves fer dumpin' 'Dinger fer the prima donna. 'He HAS to be an amazin' talent, he drove f1!'

Silly Season is here.   

Texas Lawdog

It seems like "silly season" gets here earlier every year.

Lucky Irish Tom

I wonder if Honda and Nissan will enter the fray, after all why let Toyota have all the glory!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com