It IS an addiction...

Started by Evil One, February 20, 2008, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil One

Honest.. it is.
I just ordered a perty lil Spiller and Burr from The River Junction Trade Company.

It was in their "One of a kinds" section... Picked her up for $135.
Dont think it was a bad deal at all.
So, I am up to 3 now...
When does this MADNESS stop?!?!

Evil

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Evil One on February 20, 2008, 06:31:05 PM
When does this MADNESS stop?!?!
Evil

When the Good Lord take to the big corral in the sky.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Evil One

I Love the way it looks.
Its a .36, in case my fiancee doesn't care for shooting my .44s, and the originals were made in my home town of Macon Ga.

Evil

Fingers McGee

It never stops EO -  :o :o You just keep wanting more and more, the Colts - Ahhhhhh the Colts, nothing prettier than an Old Model holster Pistol of Navy Caliber; except maybe a pair of em.  And the New Model Holster Pistol of 1861 - now - there is a sight to behold, so sleek and tapered feel so right in the hand, natural pointer, cant miss a target with one of them.  Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, HA, Ha................................................  :o :o
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

hellgate

When does it stop? It doesn't. I'm at 16 or 17 (lost count after my 6th Remington).
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Ransom Gaer

Evil One,

Like everybody else has said, it never ends.  I've got half a dozen cap and ball revolvers and I still want more.  So at least your in good company with the rest of us addicts. ;D

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

sundance44`s

A few weeks before Christmas I ran into a deal on a new Spiller & Burr AND a new Griswold& Gunnison all in the same week ..couldn`t resist eaither one ...ok so now I have both the brass framed Confederate Pistols ...whats next ..GOT MY EYE ON A leech & Rigdon .......good thing I don`t care for the looks of the La Mat .. ;)
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Ransom Gaer

I have one of the Uberti made Leech & Rigdon Navy revolvers.  It's a great gun.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Noz

Been into Cap and Ball for a little over 2 years now and have 4 Armys and 2 Navys. Looked at 2 more Navys last night but I really don't like the Navy grip. Don't think it makes any difference, I probably buy one of them anyway.

hellgate

Hey nozzel Rag,
The grips on navies vary with the make. Piettas have more of a flare at the bottom of the grip and more narrowing at the top. This makes the guns want to point high in my hands. The uberti and ASM navies have the standard SAA grip shape and they point naturally for me. I have swapped the Navy pietta grips for Army Pietta grips and that works fine (swapping the frame and all). It was done historically too.However, you cannot fit ASM or Uberti grip frames to any other than the corresponding make or the screw holes likely won't line up.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

sundance44`s

Go ahead NozzleRag you know everyone needs one of every flavor !  I felt that why when I started collecting the Remmies ..I wanted one from every make ..and 2 of some ... I just hope one day when I`m gone these guns with be still worth something ...after all I`m spending the kids inheritance...the way I`ve watched the prices rise in the last few years ..shouldn`t be a problem , and the best deals always come rolling around when ya really don`t want to spend the money .Oh well I hear playing Golf can be expencive ..Right ? ::)
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Evil One

Just makes me afeared of what my collection is gonna look like 5-10 years down the road.
I have been told that when I jump into something... I jump in with both feet... and stomp around a lil bit.

Evil

Steel Horse Bailey

I understand the stomping bit!  :D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Dr. Bob

SHB,

Ya got the stomping part down real good! ;D :o ;D  You should make an instructional vidio! ::)  I don't do too bad either. :o ::) ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Steel Horse Bailey

That would be a pre-1900 video, right?  ::)

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Steel Horse Bailey

It'd make ya move away from the screen!  :D

The General

I would have to agree 100% with the folks here as well Evil.  I have two of the C&B revolvers & just purchased two more.  I can see right now this is going to become a habit!
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Evil One

General... yes it is.
I managed to walk out of Cabelas today withOUT another one.
They only had 2 left, both display models.
One had the weakest hammer spring I have ever seen, the other had a ring cut around the cylinder where some Yayhoo was turning the cyl wit the pistol eithe cocked a lil too much... or not enough.

Well... its better for my wallet that way.

AND... being that I am a NC resident working up here in Mass... I am having HELL of a time finding a supply of the Holy Black.
It makes my nice streak just that much narrower...

Evil

The Avocado Kid

There is only one thing that can put a damper on a great hobby....politics!
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com