low price on "Packing Iron"

Started by Black Powder, February 20, 2008, 12:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Powder

I may be the only one who doesn't already own this book, but Amazon just lowered their price to $29.70 from $45.00.  New, hard cover.  I don't know if there's an updated version on the way, but this looks mighty tempting.  Similar reductions on "Gunsmithing: Guns Of The Old West" and "Cowboys & the Trappings of the Old West."

Maybe Amazon just got sick of me having these in my wish list for so long.   ::)

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Buffalo

I thought I paid $28. on Amazon last month for it.
Buff

outrider

Howdy:

Packing Iron..is one great reference book.  I keep it on my night stand along with the Cowboy trappings book.  The Packin Iron book is really a prize posession for me.  I ordered it driectly from R. Rattenbury back when he first published it (circa 1993) and it is signed over to me by Mr. Ratttenbery.  I also haveseveral pieces of correspondence between us that I keep in the book.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Black Powder

Quote from: outrider on February 20, 2008, 02:59:25 PM
Howdy:

Packing Iron..is one great reference book.  I keep it on my night stand along with the Cowboy trappings book.  The Packin Iron book is really a prize posession for me.  I ordered it driectly from R. Rattenbury back when he first published it (circa 1993) and it is signed over to me by Mr. Ratttenbery.  I also haveseveral pieces of correspondence between us that I keep in the book.

I went ahead and ordered it too.  I'm a lousy reader, by I like reference books in part because there's no compelling reason to feel the need to "start" and "finish."

So long as we're dropping names  :o, I'm kinda proud of my James Arness signed autobiography.  I sure seem to be surrounded by some outstanding people at this point in time.

Quote from: Buffalo on February 20, 2008, 12:56:51 PM
I thought I paid $28. on Amazon last month for it.
Buff

Good.  Pretty much confirms that I done good to pull the trigger on this offer.
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com